No judgements pls

lian_83

Reaction score
It took me 5 years of LTTC and heaps (and heaps...) of heartaches to conceive this baby. It's a miracle I even got pregnant.

So, I'm really ok whether baby will be a boy or girl.. Or am?

I feel so guilty. It seems like a horrible thing to wish for one gender over another. Besides, it's my first baby, unlike for some who's on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. and getting disappointed each time. But somehow, I feel that if this one turns out to be not the gender I like, I don't know if I ever wanna try for #2 or #3.

I really, really feel horrible writing this. :cry::cry:

For me I was especially hoping my first would be a boy, but instead I had my daughter first. It was hard finding out I was having a girl because to me a boy should come first so that the others have a big brother (IMO). I'm the oldest with one younger brother, and I didn't want my own family to be that way. Probably sounds silly to some, but I was devastated, although now she is the absolute light of my life. So I definitely understand the way you feel and you're not alone in your fear. I hope you get the gender you want.

:hugs: just coz you've been lttc doesn't mean you can't hope for a specific gender!

I always dreamt of a baby girl and we found out last week we are having a boy - now this took me a while (not long I must admit) but a while to get my head around as I was so sure I was having a girl but now I am so in love with my baby boy and cannot wait to meet him!
However, DH and I are scared to try for #2 as what if we end up with another boy :wacko: we want a girl so had we had a girl 1st then no worries with #2 as we have a girl but now who knows if we can have a girl and might end up with 2 boys :wacko: this prospect really worries us as we only want 2 children - to the point where DH has suggested we adopt a girl for our 2nd :shrug:

I don't think it matters what your journey up to a successful pregnancy is ultimately I think everyone has some sway either way to what gender they want

Ultimately at my 20 week scan despite the shock of finding out we are team :blue: I was crying and just so so happy that my baby is perfect & healthy :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->