No one likes my baby name :(

RUBY2122

Reaction score
My son is called William James - DH chose the first name and I chose James. James has always been my favourite but DH wanted William. I love this name and of course now I cant imagine him being any different.

But now I am having another boy... and we have used up our fave names! Had I realised I would have another boy I might have saved James!

DH is happy for me to choose this baby's first name.... I have been through every list of boys names I can find and the only name I have found that I really, really love is Jeffrey.

NOBODY that I have mentioned this to likes it... not even DH :( am gutted as I think it is so cute!

Should I ignore them all and use it anyway??

Its a hard name to carry but if you really like it then go for it :) How about Jefferson, slightly more modern maybe?

My brother is a Jeffery... I never thought it was weird or hard for him to carry. He was just Jeff. He never got flack over it either.
I dunno it fits him. If you like it I'd go for it!

I think your oh needs to like it to?

I'm not crazy about it but it's perfectly solid and fine and I don't think it needs any special effort to carry it off.

I do think your husband has to love it too though, but if that can somehow work out or maybe you can compromise (middle name?) I say go for it. Nobody else matters as long as there's not something clearly wrong with the name.

Your husband needs to love it as well.

Once you find a name you both like, then I suggest you ignore everybody else!

It would be one thing if your hubby was ok with or kind of liked Jeffrey, but because he hates it...i really think you should keep looking.

How odd that he loves William but hates Jeffrey. To me, they're quite similar, at least genre-wise. I think it's best if he likes the name, but a deal's a deal. He got to pick the first name and you get to pick to second.

Hmmmm... thanks for the replies.

I must admit I am reluctant to use a name that nobody likes... and of course I want DH to at least like it! DH is very sweet, he says he is sure he would learn to love it as he will love the baby... but still....

I cant find anything else ... I don't really like Jefferson, not keen on names that are surnames as first names.

My child will have no name :( feels weird as last time round we knew William's name from the day we had the scan!

How about Jeremy instead? I agree that you and OH need to like it even if no one else does.

I don't have a problem with it but I will say it is one of those names that is a very grown up name. I don't think it suits a baby - but of course they aren't babies for long.

Not that I can talk, I'd love an Ethel or a Mabel but Mr Foo keeps saying "she's not 80"

I think Jeffrey is a nice name... but I agree with PPs that your OH should love it too.

Jeremy is nice...

My brothers are Jason and Joshua (Josh)

Jacob (Jake)? John (Jack)? Jonathan?

Are you totally opposed to using James? I know it's your first son's middle name, but unless you call him by both names, I think it would be OK. Just don't name him James William. ;)

Of course, my name is Mary and my older sister's name is Marie-Jeanne. She's always been called Jeanne, though.

Ohh I love Jeffrey! And like a pp said Jeff is a lovely nickname. Also love Jeremy which a pp said too. It is hard as we had names with our first lo that I loved and my husband hated and vice versa! I loved Angelica gor a girl and my husband hated it lol! Luckily we had a boy!

Ohh I love Jeffrey! And like a pp said Jeff is a lovely nickname. Also love Jeremy which a pp said too. It is hard as we had names with our first lo that I loved and my husband hated and vice versa! I loved Angelica gor a girl and my husband hated it lol! Luckily we had a boy!

Aaahh at last someone who loves it!! Hee hee... shame my DH doesn't!

I don't know about using James... I kinda feel silly giving my kids the same name, I know others have in the past and I kinda made some comments about it (not to the actual people!) :blush: would feel like a bit of a fool to do it myself now!

I don't like Jeremy, now really sure why as it so similar to Jeffrey!

Aaahh at last someone who loves it!! Hee hee... shame my DH doesn't!

I don't know about using James... I kinda feel silly giving my kids the same name, I know others have in the past and I kinda made some comments about it (not to the actual people!) :blush: would feel like a bit of a fool to do it myself now!

I don't like Jeremy, now really sure why as it so similar to Jeffrey!

He he ah it's a shame but I know what u mean- u both have to love it. My oh and I are terrible for liking completely different names. It's incredibly hard for us to both settle on something we like them I'll make the mistake of telling a family member and they'll say they hate it lol. We've now found two boys and girls names we love and we're doing what we did with our Los name- keeping them a surprise for family lol! X

My sons William and his younger brother is Arthur :)

Their dad is James!

I think Jeff is quite a grown up name, I don't mind it but I haven't ever met a baby with the name. How about OH and you both make a list each of names you don't mind that go with William and see if any are the same?

I actually quite like Jeffrey, but for me it has to be a joint decision. Our son is Joseph and that was definitely a compromise name

I don't have a problem with Jeffrey, but I think your OH needs to like it too. As much as I might like to I couldn't pick anything hubby doesn't like even if he told me I could pick whatever I like. Maybe the name will grow on him before baby gets here out you'll find something else you live just as much. Good luck!

Thanks... I agree it seems wrong to choose something DH doesnt like... ge did suggest Jesse the other night...what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->