No one likes my baby name :(

I like Jeffrey...and Jesse. I like Jesse more for when he's young, but I think Jeffrey would age better for when he is 40,50,60.

As for naming kids the same- my sister dated a Greek guy called Nicholas who had a brother called Nicolas (pronounced nicoLASS) :shock:

Jeffrey is a good name I think I prefer the nickname Jeff though. Go with your heart hun as its your decision to live with it will make no difference to other people :)

My OH suggested Jeff when we were last pregnant!

TBH my daughter has no middle name for this reason. I loved Quinn and thought Madison Quinn was great but we knew we wanted another and I didn't want to lose the chance of Quinn... :( (but if No. 2 is a boy... well)

I like Jesse - what about Julian (Jude)when little? xx

My DH's father is Geoffrey. He's known as Geoff. Never thought it was weird. It's a nice name!

I like Jeffrey! Its cute! Jesse is a no, too soft sounding to be a boys name. Everyone said Eric was an old mans name.it was annoying at first, then i ignored them and stuck with it. Soooo pleased I did : )

I rather like Jeffrey- You don't hear it as much any more and it sounds like a solid name to me. I went to high school with a couple of Jeff's and it was never an issue at all. I hope your OH comes around to it!

I don't mind Jesse for a boy but I do tend to think of it as a girls name (Jessie) versus a boys despite having grown up with several boy Jesse's

I like Jesse and Jeffrey but Jeffrey bit more. Ignore other people, it's not like Jeffrey is a cruel name (like Moonshine or Rainbow Sparkle or something crazy), it's just not to their taste.

I'm not a huge fan of Jeffrey and prefer Jesse. If you really love James but don't want to reuse it, what about a variant? Jameson?

My FI's dad is Nick and my FI's middle name is Nicholas. He also has a brother named Nikolas and a sister named Nicole. Lots of Nick's going on in there which is a bit much for me but it's never bothered any of them.

Who doesn't like Jeff? It's the most normal sounding name I've heard in so long? William and Jeffrey? Two traditional timeless great names! They go hand in hand!!!

I know right?!?!?

Grr.... it got worse on Saturday. We bumped into some friends at the pub, one of them told me that if I named my baby Jeffrey she would 'disown' me!!!! Can you believe the rudeness?!?! Admittedly she had clearly had a few pints but in the next breath she told me her baby names... they were hardly to my taste and I told her so!! I would never usually be mean about someones choices but she really upset me! Besides... she is not even pregnant, I actually am and really want to name my child Jeff!

DH still not on board tho... gonna have to think of something else.. I just hope my friend realises her opinion has not in ANYWAY influenced my decision making!!

people are so rude... just ignore them

I only told one person the name when I was pregnant (well except OH lol) and that was just some random little old lady at a bus stop when I was nearly 8 months gone, she badgered me to tell her saying that I wouldn't see her again so it wouldn't matter, so I told her and when I said the girls name she pulled a face

I said 'its an old Swedish name meaning - brave she warrior' (although its more commonly an Irish name and an American nickname but I didn't say that)

the woman replied 'oh, your Swedish then' and I said 'no, just love the culture'

she then got up to walk off looked back at me and said 'well then, lets just hope you have a boy' (basically saying our girls name is stupid)

I mean how ridiculously rude of a complete stranger :growlmad:

What's wrong with it? Its a good strong name.

If were calling him Space Cowboy these people would have a point but seriously what a perverse reaction to such a normal name xx

I know its silly but I actually like Space Cowboy lol (if where where going crazy celebrity names)

sound better than Audio Science or Apple

Ok... back to the drawing board.

I have always loved another name... one that my DH loves too. I have been put off it because of knowing someone with the name, actually not someone I dislike.. it is his sister that bothers me and the association comes to mind everytime I say the name. BUT... I have decided to get over it.. after all once he comes along surely I wont think of anything but my son right??

So, although I wont be sure until I meet my little boy but.. I think his name will be..

Luke :)

Awwwww! My nephew is a Luke and he is an awesome kid.

I like the name Jeffrey. Jeremy is good too :) Obviously your husband has to agree too though :)

I LOVE it, might steal it, lol.
I think if you want it then go for it, our DS is Leon, and at first I didn't like it but it has grown on me and is now my favourite name. :) Your hubby will learn to like it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->