• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

...No, relaxing will not get me pregnant...lucky CBFM girls!

Haha, yep, it's Amber. :haha: A lot of people call me Amb.

Ugh, yeah, Metformin is the devil. :growlmad: I've been on it, on and off, for a few years, but I just can't stick with it. It's awful! I hear so many good things about it and even had a friend of mine recently get pregnant after being on it a few months. Bleh. Have you done a glucose tolerance test? It tells you how resistant you are to insulin. My FS said I'm "slightly resistant".. whatever that means.. :dohh:

Wow, you sound like me with your cycles! Mine have always been extremely long like that. I'm excited about taking Vitex. :dance: I just hope it'll make me O by myself, that's my biggest fear with going natural.

So, today is CD8 and I got a high! The past 2 days have been lows. I really didn't think I'd get a high so early in my cycle. In the past, when I DO ovulate, it's always late in my cycle. Is this some kind of "standard" thing the monitor does during it's first usage? I want to believe I'm gearing up to O, but I'm anxious. :blush:

Welcome AMB, you sound lovely! :hi: I too have PCOS and was due to start metformin in Feb... not now my clomid worked.

Gdane, its funny how names match, SLH is my sisters initials, so took me a while to get used to that :haha: ... how did your appt go?

Welcome AMB, you sound lovely! :hi: I too have PCOS and was due to start metformin in Feb... not now my clomid worked.

Thanks, Mrs. B! And congrats on your little bean! :happydance: :hugs: And you're very lucky you didn't have to start Metformin, lol.

Gdane, its funny how names match, SLH is my sisters initials, so took me a while to get used to that :haha: ... how did your appt go?

Haha, guess that means we're all meant to be here. :)

Thankyou, I was kinda looking forward to it in weird kinda way to see if it would help my weight loss! lol

Yeah, I've heard it really does help with weight loss. I just don't understand why the side effects have to be so terrible. :nope: I have a bottle of it sitting out on my counter hoping it'll persuade me to start taking them again. :haha:

Have you tried the extended release metformin? And no I haven't had a glucose test

Thats pretty exiting about getting a high so early! You might start high for a while.everyone is different

Amb, I usually start getting highs around day 8 or so, too! I traditionally peaked on CD 14-16, on a normal month.

I'm glad you can relate so well to Gdane's situation! We all need someone that's been in our shoes, or at least in our flip flops or slippers.

I would much rather remain in the TTC forums, particularly this one, and the journals, then go on the Loss section right now. That's always so doom and gloom, and I don't need any more of that...I mean, how does that really help me? I prefer to look toward the future, just like the rest of you ladies!

Amen wookie! I love all your guys journals! I never venture anywhere else! I tried ltttc and wanted to crawl in a dark hole afterwards, can't imagine what the loss forums are like

I've tried the XR Metformin, too, but I still find the side effects pretty bad. Does it work better for you than the regular Met? I even tried brand name Glucophage and the effects aren't as bad, but it's so expensive.

I'm pretty excited about the high! Maybe it means my body is finally being nice to me. :)

I agree, Wookie, you should stay put right here, where people know you and care about you. :flower:

How much more is the glucophage? Metformin xr is better for sure. My fs mention ed that other stuff. I'm waiting on an ultrasound right now

It was about $40 with my insurance, as opposed to $4 for the Met. So, yeah, lol. I may try the XR Met again, I know I really need to be on it.

What are they looking for on your u/s?

I"m pretty sure my CBFM is ruined. It didn't act like it wanted to read the test stick today. But I'll pay better attention to it tomorrow morning. If it is ruined I'm not buying another one.

Why is it ruined? Are the batteries dead?

If you want to know about my appointment, it's my journal in my signature...beware, it's a novel!

No the batteries are fine. It just acted like it didn't want to read my stick. It blinked as normal but it took it forever to read the stick. I missed testing this morning because I took my meds lastnight and slept in today. OOPS But I did wake at 8 to take my temp.

LMAO! Don't do that!! I know how you feel though. I feel the same about my stupid droid.

SO...I had an idea just now. If I don't get prego this month, NEXT month I'm setting the monitor to test around 4pm. I'm going to see if that changes anything charting wise. I get almost 5 highs a month before I peak. So I'm thinking MAYBE I surge later in the day....so maybe next month we'll see what the monitor says that changes....MAYBE I'll catch something <3 lol

Ya never know, Lekker, it's worth a shot! Let's just hope you get preggo this month and you won't have to worry about it. :)

Still showing high readings and I'm on CD10. And there's definitely some funny business going on in my ovaries the past couple of days. :wacko: I've been having really dull aches on both sides, sometimes I feel a sharp pain or two. What's weird is it feels similar to when I was stimming with injections before my IUIs. My ovaries were always sore. :shrug: No clue what's going on, but I hope it's a good thing.

How's everyone doing? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->