no toys

billybump

mummy to my little man
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone else not have any toys for their babies? I did have 1 but need to either bin it or return it. I have a bouncer chair but nothing else, do I need to buy some, if so what would you recommend? Or should I wait, see what we get as gifts and have baby toyless for a while?
Thanks x

how come u have to bin or return the one u got? i just have a few teddys around babies room and a musical mobile thingy for the crib. xx

newborns don't really need toys to be honest, but they do need stimulation from colorful surroundings...black and white is actually best at first as they can see the high contrast more easily - thats why your nipples get darker it makes it easier for baby to see.

We have a rattle and we bought a play gym for when he's a little older we have a mobile above the cot and we were given a bouncer seat with some toys hanging from an arch.

But we havent gone and bought loads of toys.

The one I have I washed last night and the stitching came apart so won't be giving to lo. I'll see what I can find because right now he has nothing and I want a happy baby :)

We've bought some soft toys, rattles, play gym and musical mobile for cot. We got these little ankle rattles for when Egglet is about 3 months because apparently babies have a bit of a preoccupation with their own feet :mrgreen:. They're soft little bunnies that squeak and rattle. Hope he likes em! xx

weve just got the soft little teddys that have blankeys attached and a few other things, not going ott with toys early on xx

I havent bought anything. I've litrally only got what I need for the frist 3 months so not bothered with clothes beyond 3 months either. Shops are open everyday so there's no need to go crazy just now. I'll buy when I need things so I don't over spend.

Your baby really only needs you. :)
Newborrns can't really hold anything, or do all that much... as someone else posted, just some contrasting surroundings will be fine for a start.

When you do buy things, try to get them as light as possible - when Freya was tiny we were given all kinds of great toys with rattles and bits, but they were way too heavy for her to hold. She only played with a couple of wee light-weight rattle-type things for a long time.

We've only bought a couple of rattles for when she's a bit older, few teething ones and a teddy or two but that's it.

Thanks for all the advice ladies you are wonderful as always, I feel less like a shitty mum now.

Agreed -it will be a while til she needs toys... so see what you get for gifts & then decide what you want. You have plenty of time for toys! Your newborn will want to eat, sleep, poo, & look at you. Singing & talking to the baby early on is the best idea for stimulation.

Oooh! I just bought these last week, they are supposed to stimulate and refine motor skills and as there are black and white baby can see them(the black and white ones are like socks for the feet and the others go around the wrists :p!). I also got the Lamaze giraffe! soo cute (different textures, patterns, sounds) he has a little clip so i can clip it on the hood of her car seat! and they serve more of a purpose than a standard cuddly toy :)
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41zuQPXl7EL.jpg

Oooh! I just bought these last week, they are supposed to stimulate and refine motor skills and as there are black and white baby can see them(the black and white ones are like socks for the feet and the others go around the wrists :p!). I also got the Lamaze giraffe! soo cute (different textures, patterns, sounds) he has a little clip so i can clip it on the hood of her car seat! and they serve more of a purpose than a standard cuddly toy :)

Oooh I adore those! Bit cheeky (sorry :blush:) but do you mind if I ask where you got them from? We got some little ankle rattles but they look fab. xx

Oooh I adore those! Bit cheeky (sorry :blush:) but do you mind if I ask where you got them from? We got some little ankle rattles but they look fab. xx

.Of course! The cheapest have found is amazon, type in "Lamaze" and lots of it is half price :) I just ordered the peacock and firefly too :cloud9::blush:

.Of course! The cheapest have found is amazon, type in "Lamaze" and lots of it is half price :) I just ordered the peacock and firefly too :cloud9::blush:

Excellent! Thank you ever so much. Just looking now. The Octopus is also realy lovely. I think i could spend a fortune hehe :p xx

I have hardly any toys either!

All I have is the little things that are attached to my moses basket and bouncy chair. And a free cow and gate cow (which is great actually cos its black and white - babys fave colours!)

I'm waiting to see what gifts I get - cheeky :blush: then I'll wait and see what I need when I feel baby needs it! Don't feel like a bad mummy, newborns aren't interested in toys as far as I know :hugs: xx

Ive been given loads, even a walker thing but i wouldnt have bought them yet, no point. Just got pram toys you know the ones that dangle over and ones for the bouncer. And a cot mobile xx

We have a mat for the baby to lie on and a rattle my dad made. I can't imagine a baby actually needs any toys, so we don't plan to get anything else.

Hi :) All we have is cuddly toys for the nursery - think we will buy toys as he gets a little older. We don't have a cot mobile or anything like that - just a colourful play mat that attaches to a baby gym for when he's a little older. Babies just need mommy and daddy's fingers and things to play with lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->