No weight gain, no bump

sekhmet2013

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks, my first real doctor's appt is Sept 17th, next Wednesday. I haven't had any reassurance that LO is in there and okay since the blood test at 5w4d.

But I'm losing hope that everything is okay, I'm so terrified of a MMC. My symptoms pretty much all disappeared 1-2 weeks ago. I haven't gained a single pound (actually lost a couple), and I am thin to begin with and have been eating just like normal (no decreased appetite due to MS or anything). I also don't have the slightest hint of a bump, no matter how hard I look.

Any other ladies experience no weight gain and no bump in the first tri and still have a healthy, robust baby?

TIA.

I had an easy first trimester without the usual morning sickness/etc, and didn't put on any weight until almost the third trimester (I wore my regular jeans to the hospital to have her and they were actually a little baggy). Didn't get a proper baby bump until the second trimester. My toddler just ran past me chasing one of the cats while giggling madly, so she's quite robust. :haha:

I'm sure everything is fine! Some women just get don't go through the typical symptoms. Is there any way they could get you in sooner to ease your mind? :hugs:

My last pregnancy I actually lost 20 lbs before I was 20 weeks and never had a baby bump. Once my morning sickness wore off besides once she started kicking I would have had no idea I was pregnant. And now I have a 17 month old who runs me in circles.

Same as those ladies above for me - uk size 10 to start with and no weight gain until 3rd tri. I was playing football until 12 weeks too, no ms, just a few food aversions. My son was born 6lb 13 and is now a 3'5'', 3 and a half stone 3 year old!

Many women are actually told to NOT gain any weight in first tri. Plus, your uterus isnt above your pubic bone until 12weeks or more, so therefore you wont have a bump. Very normal :)

Agree with previous posters. It is very normal not to gain. I bloated in my first pg and gained 3lbs by 8wks and I lost all of it by my scan at 12wks. I didn't gain a pound that stayed put until 16wks. I got a rounded tummy after 14wks and had a bump you could see naked at 20wks, but I didn't have a noticeable one until 22/23wks. With both pregnancies I've stayed petite. Last time I gained a third of my weight in the last 4wks but still only gained 23lbs. My son was born 8lbs at 39wks - so not a small baby!! My weight made no difference to how big or healthy he was. Second pg I gained more earlier, but started off lighter (and my boobs grew) but I'm still wearing uk 8-10 normal trousers as I have a high bump even though I'm 34wks and have gained 21lbs already. It's a huge myth that small people show early. There's no set rules.

Thank you all so much, you've made me feel so much better! :)

Kitteh, they can't get me in any sooner. My original appt was actually supposed to be today, but the doctor changed her schedule and they had to cancel today's and reschedule. The 17th was the earliest they can see me.

I notice very fit toned women don't show until nearly or even over 20 weeks because of strong stomach muscles. Then they're bellies literally pop out over night :)

I lost 7pounds instead and bump showed on my last week of the 1st trimester. My symptoms come and goes and sometime replaced with other symptoms. I think it's normal. Saw baby doing well last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->