Noah Anthony Updates

Oh hun i'm sorry your NICU experience isn't going as well for you :( I can't imagine how tough things are for you. I hope that things turn around for you he sounds like he's doing pretty well despite what he's dealing with. Good luck with everything :hugs:

:hugs: Hope everything is ok with Noah after the cat scan, he is such a handsome little guy, and looks like such a fighter, also think he looks like his mommy ;).... keeping you in my thoughts. XXX

Thanks everyone. His belly seems alittle better today. Wanted to give you all an update. Did have some bad news yesterday. The night nurse noticed his left leg was swollen and he was very fussy everytime they moved him. They did an Xray and his Left Femur is fractured. So now he has a splint on. It has been the hardest week of my life. They always say two steps foward one step back, but I dont know how much more I can take. The brake isnt on the growth plate which is good, and the ortho stated he thinks it should heal fine and he shouldnt have any issues with it later on. It's hard to tell how much he "really" weighs now because of the splint adding extra weight, he weighed 3lbs 3 oz last night.

:hugs: Sorry to hear about the brake, but glad his stomach is doing a little better :hugs:

Oh no!! How do you think that fracture happened??

I hope it gets better soon. What a tough little boy you've got there.

xxx

Oh hun, sorry to hear about the break in his femur! Glad to hear his stomach is better, though. I hope everything starts to look up... you've got a little tough guy.

Hun where did the fracture come from??? He's so little the only way I could see it happening is if someone rough handled him. Sorry I don't want to start any trouble or accusations but I would be questioning the nurses. That just doesn't feel right to me...
:hugs: Hope you're doing ok. How are you holding up??

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your little ones break. A girlfriend of mine worked with premies, and she said that sometimes they are just so tiny, it is really easy to break a bone on them. She had done it herself, and she is they loveliest sweetest person ever, and she said it just killed her.

aww hun about his fracture leg i'm in the same mind as turbo mum about how did he get it? glad his tummy his a little better. your all in my thoughts hun

I am sorry about his leg, poor little guy! I am with Turbomom in that I would kinda wonder what caused it... At least he is gaining a little weight. I hope things start looking up for you and Noah.

I've just caught up on your story (just read all your post and pictures - and I must say, you have such an adorable son!)

You must be two of the strongest people I've met in a long time to be going through such a journey. Like you said, 2 steps forward, and one step back - but reading this story from start to finish, let me reassure you that with each update Noah seems to be improving, even though there's been little bumps to get over, he is definitely a little fighter!

NeyNey, Thank you for your comments. Your very right. Though at the times when we are going through the down times it feels like nothing is getting better.

Im sorry I havent updated sooner.... So here's an update :)

He's doing better. Wearing clothes again and with his brace he weighs 4lbs 2.8 oz...so Im thinking he weighs about 3lbs 12-14oz . The big news is the doctors decided he could take his feedings by mouth. He's taking ALL feedings now by bottle. Im not allowed to breastfeed yet intill he's off the IV and on full feeds, so Im hopeing in a week. He started at 3cc's every three hours last Monday and this Monday he is upto 16cc's every 3 hours. His bottle feeds have made him such a happier baby he loves to eat!! So since he's taking all his feeds by mouth, he doesnt need the OG tube(feeding tube) which was down his nose...so finally after 2 months I can see my baby's face with no tape or anything in his nose or mouth.

Today I went home and decorated his room, before I had been scared to, wasnt sure what was going to happen. Now I know he's going to come home, I just feel it. Im going to ask Brad to post some pics in his photobucket, will post a link when he has it up.

So happy to hear the good news :) Sounds like he's doing great :)

Can't wait to see piccies of the nursery!

xxx

Oh hunny, that is wonderful news!!! It must be such a wonderful feeling to feed your little boy! I am so pleased for you.

I'm so happy he's doing much better, I will keep praying, he's an amazing little boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->