North Pole Breakfast

c1403

Reaction score
Hey

I know some of you do this and I was thinking about doing this with my girls. Maybe next weekend before/after we put the tree up.

Annoyingly the 1st is a school day so think a weekend would be better.

I'm not very creative in the kitchen so things simple to make or can be shop bought will be ideal.

Marshmallow mateys (lucky charms)
Pop tarts
Shaped crumpets
Pancakes plus syrups, marshmallows etc
Cookies
Fruit
Fairy cakes

My girls are way to fussy for this although I always want to do it !

We usually do like a buffet style lunch with Xmas table decorations one day through the holidays ! It’s something we do for the elves !

We do ours on Christmas Eve as wouldn’t have time on a school morning we barely make it out the house as it is haha

ours tends to be a sugar fest but I try to put some fruit in there one year I did kiwi slices in the shape of a Christmas tree, another year I did strawberry Santa hats, another year was bananas and strawberry’s sliced and made into the shape of candy canes. You could slice up watermelon and use Christmas cutters to cut them into shapes.
Other things I add are bits like donuts, Christmas cupcakes, Christmas shaped crumpets.
one year I did pancakes and decorated Santa faces on them

What a good idea! I think I'll plan this for the start to our 'nativity' marathon.

I love the idea of this but mine are up at all different times :haha:

When our elves come on the 1st Dec, they bring a note that says “we have provided lots of sugary goodness and have asked your mum to prepare it all for a North Pole breakfast” and I usually make pancakes or French toast, bacon, fruit salad and have plates of mini powdered donuts,chocolate milk and chocolate Santa’s etc scattered on the table. The elves bring the advent calendars and a little wrapped present each for them (usually an inexpensive toy like a blind bag)

These are definitely cute ideas! I know my girls would go for the fruit and so would my boy but I'm not sure if they'll be up for the pancakes or not. I might do the pancakes and just make them really huge then use the Christmas cookie cutters on them for the shapes.

I saw that the crumpets this year in asda will be reindeer shaped. They look quite cute

Yes I'm after the crumpets when I next go shopping.

I did think about pancakes but with the cookies and cupcakes I thought too much sugar. So we're going to have crumpets. Also going to make a kiwi tree (they both love kiwi and raspberrys)

My American hubby misses crumpets so bad lol we can get them at a place called Trader Joe’s but they’re not as good as a nice fresh one! I will have to try make them one day.

I didn't know what a crumpet was since I'm from the US so I Googled it. Oh my gosh they look so much more enjoyable than a pancake. Can anyone send me a good recipe they know of?

Oh and one more question, I noticed you need Crumpet rings to form the round circular Crumpet while you're cooking. Can you use metal cookie cutters instead? It would be kind of cute to make little Christmas shapes that way.

I've never ever made my own crumpets ha ha. I buy them in packs.

I got three packs of reindeer ones today :)

I think I'll do thomas a North Pole tea instead - pancakes with nutella, grapes (the only fruit he eats), babybels, basically all the things he loves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->