Nosebleeds?

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering with nosebleeds? They started about 3 weeks ago and so far have been lasting anywhere between 25minutes and an hour. Mentioned it to my GP who checked my clotting which was fine so as far as he is concerned thats the end of it. I seem to find they happen when I'm not feeling particularly great and usually coincide with a trip to delivery suite or DAU. Its really starting to get me down now as I've got another one now :(

They are common - i had them in 1st tri and my friend had them so often in pregnancy she had to go to the docs and get a sort of thing where they burn something in your nose - I dunno exactly but it sure stopped it for her!

Didn't want to read and run. :hugs:

I don't get nosebleeds a lot but often happens accidentally if I blow my nose a little too hard. There's been something in the air as of late that's caused me to feel really sneezy and sniffly hence lots of nose blowing leading to a bit of nosebleeds. :(

I have been having them since the start of the pregnancy. Usually have them when I am very upset or just cried. (I think it might be something to do with blood pressure raising up in those moments).

Was told that it is perfectly normal so never really was worried about them.

You might want to have your blood pressure checked- my mother gets nosebleeds whenever her blood pressure goes up and my OB has me watching out for headaches which can also be caused by high blood pressure. Hope you're feeling better soon!

hiya hun i been getting nosebleeds since bout 7weeks, sometimes i get 3 / 4 a day , midwife aint bothered so i just been putting up with it :wacko:

Very normal hun, its to do with everything loosening up and increased blood flow! I normally get mine after being sick so just as I get up from the loo, i'm back down again :dohh:

I get them every few weeks. Sometimes they last for hours.

I have found that taking a shower seems to help the clotting process.

Hey, I had lots of nosebleeds during my last pregnancy, I spoke with the midwife about it and she said it was normal...

I found this site a great help:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_nosebleeds-during-pregnancy_255.bc

I used to get them alot but not so much now mainly 1st and 2nd tri because of all the extra blood you got going on. I found getting a cold air humidifier helped me alot because the air was soo dry. I would turn it on for a few hours at night and it brought the nose bleeds down alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->