"NOT" Deals!!! Uk

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Ok so I have noticed places claiming they have deals on toys that actually are NOT deals at all!!!

So I thought we could have a thread for those not deals so people don't get fooled and waste money!!!

First "not" deal I have come across. Which I think is a big one is....

Paw Patrol lookout tower for £29.99 in home bargains.

As soon as I saw it I became unsure as it comes Chase not Ryder.
Upon opening the box (yep right there in the store) It ws obvious it wasnot the same lookout tower! (As a friends boy has it already)
There was no pole for Ryder and there was no lift (its meant to have two!!) So it really wasnt worth saving the money when the correct model is on Amazon for £37.99!!!

So what "not" deals have you come across???

Not a 'not deal' but just to say that Asda Direct have the official lookout tower for £30. As it's such a good deal, it's often out of stock. I tried for ages before I bagged one!

Not a specific item but I always find argos have money off but it was priced higher in the first place to trick people into thinking they are getting £10 off. But really that is the retail price everywhere anyway!!!

The penny sale at the entertainer. They basically doubled the price of things compared to what they were elsewhere. So people were actually saving next to nothing on alot of items

Argos 3 for 2. I reserved stuff when it started at 7am and by the time I went to collect later that day the price of everything had jumped up and the self-service thing was trying to charge me the extra. Thankfully the girl on the till honoured the reservation prices. But I had another item to buy which I hadn't reserved and it had literally doubled in price within a few hours. It had been £24.99 at 7am and then was suddenly £49.99. It was £25 everywhere else so it's not like it had been on sale. But even if it was, this was the same day! So now I always check the prices before the 'offer' starts and again afterwards. More often than not, it's not worth buying.

I don't trust anything that's half price TBH!! Obviously I will buy but never feel like I'm getting a great deal, they wouldn't sell it at that price if they weren't still making money. It's like DFS sales, I think they deliberately inflate prices in order to have "good" sales.

Has anyone actually ever bought a non sale DFS sofa I wonder?

Has anyone actually ever bought a non sale DFS sofa I wonder?

Have you noticed they tend to have two similar types of each sofa: one will be on sale while the other is full price and just alternate!

I had a similar thing with amazon last year. Got the ninja turtles half shell house for what i thought was a bargain as it was pictured the same one as in argos. It came and while it was the same house, you had to add your own stickers and it didn't come with the extra car thing. Sound quite minimal i know but the car was literally the point of him wanting it so back it went and a snotty email about them advertising it wrong.

I've been known to bet my phone out in the middle of the shop and cross check prices on bargains

I've been known to bet my phone out in the middle of the shop and cross check prices on bargains

I did this on Monday in Toys R Us, it was great as they price match so I found a couple things cheaper elsewhere and they just discounted the difference. I looked a bit nuts going round on my phone I think lol.

I did this on Monday in Toys R Us, it was great as they price match so I found a couple things cheaper elsewhere and they just discounted the difference. I looked a bit nuts going round on my phone I think lol.

I've done this too. Amazon used to have an app so I could compare prices.

Im getting so fed up of getting price alerts from camelcamelcamel getting all excited and the price is for prime members only. So annoying. Not everyone wants to pay a ridiculous price when imo netflix is better.

Im getting so fed up of getting price alerts from camelcamelcamel getting all excited and the price is for prime members only. So annoying. Not everyone wants to pay a ridiculous price when imo netflix is better.

Yes, this is really annoying me. I don't use amazon enough the rest of the year to warrent having prime

Same i dont order enough to make it worthwhile and everything i like watching is on netflix so no need to subscribe to something else. I get they have to have perks but i find amazon have been really bad with their price drops and stuff lately. I havnt ordered practically anything from there compared to previous years because theres nothing i cant get for the same price elsewhere!

I have, just because it's easier to get it at the same place, but there's hardly been anything on price drop. Anything that's been a good deal has been only for prime members.

The Amazon prime thing has been bugging me too, I usually always shop there but this year I have mostly gone to smyths or argos.

My dad has Amazon prime so I use his but with my card details. So does my mum and sister lol. He always texts me asking what have I bought now as emails go to him. It is really handy for if you know you're going to be home.
Maybe if several family members get it you could all benefit from the delivery?

I hate paying delivery charges, though to be honest I'm not sure why. Saves me going to the shops with DDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->