Not getting a 12w scan :(..anyone else?

hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
So I will not get to see bubs until 16w...it is do far away but I see so many people getting 12w scans. I got one with my son so I hate having to wait 6 weeks to see my baby.

I'm such a brat lol.

I start my progesterone shots to keep bubs cooking at 16w so that's when I get to see him or her and hopefully find out the gender too .

Did they give you a reason for not having a 12 week scan? In the UK it's standerd in all pregnancies to have a dating scan between 10-14 weeks. I'd be annoyed too!

Well I had my dating scan at 7 w but still I thought I would get a 12w

In the US unless you are over 35 or have a concerning health issue it's standard not to get any ultrasounds until 20 weeks.

In the US unless you are over 35 or have a concerning health issue it's standard not to get any ultrasounds until 20 weeks.

WHAT!!!! Oh no i don't like that! How are they ever really sure how far along you are?!

What? Where are you in the states? Both offices I've been to (in MA & NH) see you at 6-8 weeks and again at 12ish weeks.

Well my on said the same thing that if it wasn't for these shots y next one would be at 20w.

I will see here in the office at 13w tho

Dear god I sure do thank my lucky stars I live in the uk- that's awful!
You can't accurately date a pregnsncy that far on?! What if baby had any abnormalities? Surely it's better to know before 20 weeks? 😳 im shocked.

In my town we have only one private clinic. I went to them at 10 w it was amazing I'm thinking about going back

I had a dating scan at 9w6d. My next scan isn't until 18-20w. I'm 14w today

Did they give you a reason for not having a 12 week scan? In the UK it's standerd in all pregnancies to have a dating scan between 10-14 weeks. I'd be annoyed too!

not in every nhs trust.

not in every nhs trust.

Which ones don't? I've lived all over the UK, and have always been offered a dating scan? If you look on the nhs website it says it's included in basic antenatal care?

I am not sure but for some places they have had to cut back.
Google will tell you. I think they only get the scan if they agree to the NT thing. I know some places are even offering 3rd trimester scans now.
Hunni. it could be because you already had a scan?

Google will tell you. I think they only get the scan if they agree to the NT thing. I know some places are even offering 3rd trimester scans now.

That's shocking!! Bloody cut backs. Will have to be careful where we move in future!

That's shocking!! Bloody cut backs. Will have to be careful where we move in future!

According to google dont move to St Albans. I see it on netmums all the time.

Hi I don't live in st albans, but I live in the same NHS trust area, and have the same antenatal care as st albans (in fact in my previous pregnancies I had some of my appointments at st albans hospital). I don't know what google is telling you, but our NHS trust does offer all mothers a 12 week scan (10 - 14 weeks) for dating and downs testing (they are now also testing for Edwards and something else beginning with P).

I have got a dating scan this week (I think I am about 8 weeks), but there is a small chance I could be 12 weeks, so my midwife has got me an urgent dating scan to make sure I don't miss the 10-14 week window for the downs testing.

What? Where are you in the states? Both offices I've been to (in MA & NH) see you at 6-8 weeks and again at 12ish weeks.

Im in MA and I've been through 2 OBs and both do a 12 week scan. The OB I went with for my daughter did an 8 week too. I thought that was standard in the US. I was only 24 and 25 so nowhere near 35 either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->