Not sure where else to ask this?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Farie, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

It's not a BFing Q but also not really a true FFing Q .... So I put it in here to get max answers and see if anyone can help?

For various reasons LO is going to be starting to get 1/2 formula tomorrow, its hypoallergenic and pretty gross smelling and the plan is to feed half breast milk and half formula.
    She's only ever had breastmilk (not counting 30mls of formula via syringe at 2 days old!) so we were thinking if mixing the two together in one bottle - can I do this?

Thank you

2. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

I can't see why not. Just make sure you make the formula up correctly :flower:

3. SophiasMummy

SophiasMummy Mummy to Sophia

yes you can. sophia had to have mixed bottles a couple days after she was born as she wouldnt latch and i wanted to express for her but wasnt getting as much as the nurses wanted her to drink for first few days so they mixed her feeds. it also made it easier when i had to transition her to just formula a couple weeks later aswell

4. mystika802

mystika802 Well-Known Member

Yup! I did that with my first, I expressed for 8 months and never had quite enough to feed him just breast milk, he got soy formula mixed with breast milk for every feed. I hope things are starting to get better for you :( Charlie has been back to gassy, rashy and pukey *pout*