Not trying, not preventing.

gingerbeer.

Reaction score
me and my OH have decided to not try but also not prevent.

Could people please give me any information they know, or what I should be doing/not doing?

Thank you very much!

I view NTNP as not using contraception. Not tracking temperatures and no ov sticks etc. Just having fun with DTD whenever you want it rather than linking it to 'when in my cycle is ideal'. This is basically what I'm doing. We're keeping DTD fresh so trying out new things and generally having fun. No specific tracking to know when I've Ov etc.

I would start taking some sort of prenatal vitamins, which will also ensure youre having the right amount of folic acid for when you do get pregnant!

Ive also cut down on caffeine and alcohol. I really miss fizzy drinks haha!

Im glad you came to a decision that was right for you and your OH. Best of Luck x

Make sure you are taking pre Natals, especially folic acid, which helps to prevent birth defects but also helps fertility.

I guess NTNP means just no preventing, which is basically what I'm doing although I'm currently avoiding fertile days until I know my cycle a little better.

Some women get a check up with the gp, I did with my first and they can check immunity for things like rubella which can be problematic in pregnancy otherwise.

Good luck x

Well basically to me not trying/not preventing.. means really doing nothing. If that makes sense... if you start tracking ovulation and temping etc.. then you are trying.

If you are ntnp all you need to do is discard your contraception

no contraception
start taking pre natal vitamins (so if you do become pregnant all is sorted)
and enjoy yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->