• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not Waiting After Miscarriage - Any One Else?

I'm seen in a military hospital, you get an appointment around 6ish weeks to fill out paperwork and get a speech about being healthy, and go over your history. They usually do scans at 11 weeks so they can confirm growth/heartbeat/due date.

That's a good point. When I had my scan following the loss they said they wouldn't have seen anything until I was about 6.5-7 weeks anyway. So maybe I'll just opt for the blood test.

Here, dependants have to see regular doctors and there's not insurance or special treatment. DH can obviously see the military doctors but he's never sick.

I think here you can see your midwife from 8 weeks.

Yeah you usually won't see anything until 6 weeks... My doctor usually doesn't even have someone come in until 8-10 weeks

I'm terrified of ultrasounds now:nope: just the idea of going in makes me sick to my stomach. I definitely want it around 10/11, an inconclusive scan would destroy me.

I'm not a dependent, I'm active duty, and so have to get referred to the naval hospital through our regular docs. With ours both dependents and service members go to the military hospital which has both civilians and sailors working there.

That makes sense. I can understand why they make you feel nervous. I wouldn't want to go for one too early and for it to cause more anxiety. I know I'm considered 'high risk' so I'm sure they'll follow all the steps they need to.

Oh yes I know you're not a dependant. But I know in the states that dependants get to see the military doctors. Here, we get nothing.

Oh I see Sarah, that's so strange. Do they not have enough military Dr's to see both? I know we have bases that that is the case and so dependents see civilian drs. Do you get medical insurance through the military at least?

Jenny no I do not think breastfeeding is linked to mc. I read a TON on it when first trying for #2. I actually couldn't get pregnant while breastfeeding. I got pregnant the month after I stopped nursing, and that ended in mc.

They use to cover dependants but I guess its financial. They don't really seem to care about dependants, even though they make out like they do. No medical insurance, but it's not necessary here.

Still feeling normal on Clomid.

Sarah wow i had no idea military and their families were treated so differently! So strange. Im glad its not necessary for them to cover you medically, that would be stressful! Here in the states it seems like there is no gray line, civilians either love us or despise us, its weird.

Yay glad you haven't had any super negative side effects! Hope it stays that way!

We have a public health system here. It's not fantastic, but it's enough.

The army here are even trying to sell off all their houses and expect people to rent in the public market..

Oh wow so they really don't support families at all, that's so sad.

Yesterday was 4 weeks from my loss and my hpt is still positive. So now I'm not sure if the opk was right and I actually O'D or not.

Wow that's a really long time. Have you checked in with the doctor about it? Do you get another U/S or any follow up?

Last Clomid last night and spotting is finally finishing up. I'm CD10 today. I started back temping this morning, but of course had a rubbish night's sleep. I'll start OPKs in the next few days. DH is away but should be home tomorrow to get started on the BDing.

Woohoo glad you've got your round of clomid in!

I have my 6 week follow up the first week of October

I'm feeling really hopeful but so scared of being disappointed.

I bet that couldn't come soon enough!

I'm the same way. Like I can't help that my hopes are up but trying to bring them down.

It's really dangerous. I feel like it's going to hurt so much more if it's a BFN.

Are you going to test early? Im 10dpo today but i cant believe my positives because of mc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->