Not what I expected.

PinkUnicorn.x

Reaction score
I came off my mini pill on April 1st, the same night we DTD because due to my history with my periods I was expecting the next week at least to be VILE, so I thought I'd enjoy one for the road :blush: ... anyway...

Fast forward to the 3rd or 4th (I'm sorry I can't remember my days are all muddling into one); I'd put a pad on because AF was definitely coming that day and I didn't want to get caught out at work, when I went to change my pad it was more brownish in colour than I expected, so I'm like, here we go....

April 4th; Still no AF. I went to bed early because I was tired (I'd not been able to shake that 'just got up groggy' feeling all day), but I work super early so nothing new there, I had been having more frequent naps after work, but put that down to coming off my pill. Anyway, I noticed my throat was hurting a little, thought nothing of it until I woke up at like 1am in absolute agony with it. My alarm went off at 4am for work, I got up, still feeling horrid, got there, and then one silly little thing made me have a mini breakdown, and I ended up in tears in the toilet, and even at the time I remember knowing that this was my hormones fault, and I was just tired, but I knew it wasn't my usual self. Also felt sick on and off, but could have been due to being hungry or drinking too much water, as I've been trying to keep more hydrated.

It wasn't until someone asked me if I could be pregnant. And then it got me wondering. Now we've spoke about TTC before but no one knew I'd come off my pill. She advised I do a HPT which obviously came back BFN.

Current day, 6th April; Still no AF. As I was typing this I could feel some twinges to my right side. Still poorly, main symptoms are sore throat and blocked nose with a little nausea and headache in between. I'm also going to add at this point that I'm bringing up the illness because I'm usually not one to get ill, I've had maybe 2 colds in the last year or more that I can remember, this being one of them.

So, to get to the point of why I'm actually here... well, firstly, anyone have any unexpected experiences coming off the mini pill? And to rule pregnancy out, would I begin my 2WW on April 1st when we DTD and I didn't take my pill for the first time? I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant because what are the chances of falling pregnant the same night you stop the pill- now I know there is a chance, so I'm taking folic acid (I'd do this anyway but still) and stopping drinking till I know for sure. But I'm quite aware that the test I did yesterday would be too early, I'm just not sure how long to wait for an accurate result on the basis that I'm not technically due AF, if anything I'm still waiting for my withdrawal bleed?

I was thinking that April 1st I would class as ovulation, and count my 2ww from there? But since I'm also new to all this, when could I sneak an earlier test in? Maybe 10/11 dpo?

Sorry if this is a long read, I've got no one else to ask because I'm not telling people we're trying, and this is my first time TTC so its all new to me.

Just a side note; I'm fully aware that this could all be down to me stopping my pill however I cannot stress enough, how much I fully expected to have the worst week ever this week. I expected my heavy period to come back, lots of horrific cramps, when it comes to AF and my cycle on or off contraception my body isn't kind to me, and having no period and minimal cramps the first week off my mini pill is way too kind, and fully not what I expected.

I don't track ovulation but I came off the Mini Pill beginning of March last year when DS3 was 6 months as we wanted a sibling close in age he could grow up with. Starting trying but never gave it any thought as it took 6 months of trying and going back ON the Pill to fall pregnant with DS2. I'd had a friend go through a messy break up with her husband so I stayed with her for a few days to give her a little company and to take her mind off things. Got to ANZAC Day (April 25th here in NZ and Australia) and I realized I'd not had a period. Tested, didn't expect much and just about passed out with a positive.

I thought my period would start right away too, but it took about 2 weeks... then full on period... ouch!

I just came off the pill in January. When it was time for AF it was late and 1 week prior to her showing up, I had all the pregnancy symptoms. I am now into 4 months no pill and everything is pretty much normal. Af should be here any day.

If you stopped taking the pill on the 1st you wouldn't have ovulated on the 1st. The hormones that stop you ovulating that are in the pill would have to wear off before you ovulate and even then it's a process. It's most likely your body adjusting to it's normal self again. The brown blood may have been withdrawal bleeding.
Good luck on your journey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->