• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

You SHOULD comment! I always read the comments and usually take the advice of other people (ie - this was bland/salty/whatever so I added...). But I'm also the kind of person who never follows recipes exactly. I love to play with ingredients!

So, my temp spiked way up this morning, but I also slept horribly. AF is due tomorrow and I didn't want to spend the day being SUPER hopeful, only to be doubly disappointed tomorrow so I tested. Big. Fat. Negative. Not even a hint of a line. So I'm out. I'm feeling ok though - while this whole foster-to-adopt situation isn't exactly how I dreamed my life going, it's a little bit of a safety net this cycle. I think we're going to fill out our application this weekend and just take things day by day. We're probably not going to try again in December.. maybe in January after we get our tax returns. We'll see.

Thanks for all your support guys! I still have my fx for all of you!

Savasanna- I am so sorry :(. Fostering to adopt is a great thing even though we don't plan on that being our route. That is something my hubby and I have thought about as well. I am still routing for you and I hope something works out for you soon!

Savasanna - I am sorry love. I know this was not the journey any of us expected to be going through. I still have my FX for you that something happens! Have you and your wife thought about IVF since IUI is not working? Adopting is a beautiful option as well. I wish you the very best regardless which path you take next cycle. :hugs:

Mhankins - I know nothing about clomid so I am not help, but I hope its doing whatever its suppose to be doing. Good Luck! :hugs:

Myshelsong - I love pulled pork. I am actually going to make it for hubby for xmas dinner and some Spanish rice. Need something different for the holidays you know.

oh sorry!.. AFM - had my 3rd us...twins are growing and HB really increased. DH was asking the doctor if that predicts gender and she said you cant rely on it. She did say that at 10k they actual can do a test to tell if you don't want to wait until 18-20wk mark. I am still brown spotting daily. Not sure when it will stop completely. Still on progesterone suppositories. ugh.

Good morning ladies. I just got back from my vacation. It was so nice to be able to relax and do nothing for a week. While I was away, I got a positive on a CB weeks estimator (1-2 weeks). I took another one today hoping to see progression and there wasn't any :cry:. Obviously my mind goes to the worst case scenario. I go for bw on Monday morning, so I guess I have to just wait and see how this plays out...

Savasanna - I am sorry about your outcome this cycle. I know we never thought this process would be as difficult as it has been. Whatever you chose will be right for you and your wife. :hugs:

Mhankins - Hopefully your body is ready for cycle 2! How are you making out with the clomid this time around?

Myshelsong - How are you doing in your TWW? I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Want1Too - Sounds like your u/s was lovely! Are you going to find out the genders?

want1too- How exciting!! Do you think you will test for genders or wait? Are you guys hoping for a boy and a girl?

LovingMyLife- That positive is exciting! Fx for a confirmation on Monday!!! Keep us updated!!

This time around for me I think clomid got to me..just the first couple days.. at one point I was very nauseous and had to run to the bathroom to throw up.. it was just that one time so who even knows lol..

Tomorrow is CD10 for me so I guess time to start testing with OPKs.. let the stress of timing begin lol.. My darn emotions are sending me all over the place and I can't keep up..maybe that's why I was nauseous haha..I have been kind of a debbie downer this week and thinking that this may never work out for us but I have to remind myself this was just our first try..

So much admiration for you ladies that have been through so much and FX!

I have heard that the blood test that can tell gender isn't reliable for twins because you could be having 1 of each. Congrats though.

AFM: back to the er yesterday for dehydration from hyperemesis. Loving being pregnant but hating the 24/7 nausea

Mhankins ... What are your next steps? Having another IUI?
I am testing tomorrow. Couldn't be any further away I think! I took a test yesterday so just want this to get here so I can move into next cycle.

Myshelsong- what were test results yesterday? By your wording it sounds like it was BFN but Fx for you for tomorrow and hope it changes to a BFN.

I am supposed to start testing with the opks today and then it will be another IUI which will be followed by a drive to Florida lol..can't wait for that!

Myshelsong I noticed this was your first IUI as well. Did they do a lot of monitoring on you? I seem to be the only one that is "winging" it lol. It is just the Clomid and opks for me. I go through thoughts like I need more monitoring but that will cost more too..see how this one goes.. FX

It was always just clomid and opks for me too. I asked about monitoring a few times, but was told "it wasn't necessary for me". This was just a little frustrating to hear because, if it wasn't necessary.. then why am I not pregnant?! But I did hear from a few ladies on here who did both monitoring and opks that their opks were always directly in line with what the monitoring said, so that reassured me a bit.

Today was my blood test, awaiting the beta test but not hopeful. I had a ton of testing during my cycle. First day three, then from day nine to IUI i had daily ultrasounds to check progress of the follicles.

Strange how you were on a medicate cycle and had little monitoring.

Should be any hour now that I get my results. Trying not to freak out. Wish me luck.

Good Luck Myshelsong! Hopefully you get your results shortly. :hugs:

I also had my b/w this morning. I was waiting for the call from the clinic and missed it, so they called DH. Blood confirms that I am pregnant! They will be calling me in the next couple days to book u/s and follow-up with my doctor.

I am still nervous, since the lines on the tests I take aren't getting really dark...but I assume they would have raised any issues if they are concerned. DH didn't ask for any of my #'s though, so I might call back to ask for them.They did say that I can stop the progesterone, which is a relief!

Congrats loving!! That's so exciting!

YAY LovingMyLife!!!! How exciting congrats!!

I talked to someone at the office today and they said if it doesn't happen in a few cycles they will add in an ultrasound.. Im 50/50 with it. I like that it is cheaper but I also wonder if everything is working properly lol!

Congrats loving.

I am out beta is negative.
Taking a break for a few days, good luck all!

Thanks Ladies. Yes it was my first IUI.

I have been taking dollar store tests for the last few days and I think I am going to stop. They aren't getting any darker and aren't as dark as the control line and its making me a bit stressed. I am just hoping they call soon for an ultrasound. I will believe it more when I see it.

So sorry Myshelsong! It definitely sucks getting those negative results! Fx for you next cycle!

Keep us updated LovingMyLife!

I am out this month before I even knew it... apparently my body decided to ovulate a week earlier than last month and around CD 9 this month.. I can't believe it happened so early, Clearblue didnt pick anything up...probably because when I began testing I was already at my surge..I thought something was wrong with my other test I picked up from the doctors because the first one I took was positive..but anyway we missed this month so now we wait for next month and they will be adding in an ultrasound to hopefully avoid missing it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->