• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

Sorry to hear the news Mhankins. Big hugs friend.

I'm sorry mhankins. I love your outlook though

Hi everyone! 7dpiui today! I have to admit.. I'm starting to secretly fall down the hopeful rabbit hole. Last time I got pregnant I became sick during the tww. And Monday/Yesterday (5/6dpiui) I had some cramping that, so far, seems to have subsided today. Although, to be fair, it's only 9:15 in the morning! :haha:

Anyway - I'm concentrating on at least not being outwardly hopeful. One of our good friends actually asked us last night where we were in trying and we didn't even tell her we were in the tww. I think both of us are trying to keep everything at bay.. but if I'm being honest, I think my wife is secretly hopeful to. How can you not be? Annnyyywaaayyy - that's why I love these boards. Hopeful here so I can remain sane in my day to day life. Man.. I would LOVE to see a bfp though!

Mhanks - How're you doing? Any sign of AF today?

Savasanna- Fingers crossed for you!!

Hubby is gone for the week for work so I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that I am spending so much alone time lol... I seemed to be so emotional yesterday and I blame the meds because I am not usually so emotional like that... plus the BFN didn't help lol. Hubby seemed fine.. like ok try again... I was like you aren't a little upset?! lol..I am ready to try again but I still took the night to myself to be upset lol.. I just think that this was our first IUI and a practice run and many others out there go through or have gone through so much more.. We would like to try again in Dec but we have a trip to Florida planned for Christmas and I don't know how that will fall in line with my cycle... hopefully we can sneak it in right before we leave :)..

Baby dust and fingers crossed for you guys!

Mhanks - that's TOTALLY understandable. And probably is from the meds. I know I've been extra emotional on my clomid cycles - ESPECIALLY the day that the bfn comes. You have to cry it out so you can pick yourself back up and move forward. If your cycle is starting now you'll probably have plenty of time for a December try, though!

Remind me, are you using your DH's sperm or frozen?

I haven't started the cycle over yet.. the office said 2-3 days after I stop the meds.. They also threw in there if I don't get it in 2 weeks to call so they figure out what is going on.. I was like greeeattt... lol...

We are using frozen donor sperm... at our IUI the Dr said it was a good sample.. good motility and 9 million sperm after the wash..He said it is pretty much the same after 3 million.. I have noticed the numbers and idea of a good sample seems to be all over the place lol...Opinions?

Hi Ladies -

Jrepp - Yes, it comes with the territory.

Myshelsong - 2 million is a bit low. I know my RE said they dont do IUI if less than 10 million, so i guess it just depends on the clinic/doctor. It doesnt mean that you cant get pregnant, like you said you only need ONE. Do they offer back to back IUI? FX!

Savasanna - Yeah @ 5dpiui...LOL @ germy newphew. I hope you feel better soon. FX! :hugs:

Lovingmylife - I hope your DH did not pass you his cold. I am doing fine. Just tired. I had my u/s on Monday. It went well. We seen 2 sacs, 2 yolks and 2 HBs. Unfortunately we did not hear the heartbeat which that's what I wanted. So hopefully next week. The HB was 107 and 110. I hope that's good. I hope you ladies can join us too!! I know the feeling of craziness. Hang in there doll! :hugs:

Mhankins - Hang in there love. It is def a rollercoaster with fertility. I am sorry hun....stay positive and don't beat yourself up. :hugs::hugs:
I would think they would increase your dosage for next cycle since 50mg didn't work.
As far as sperm, I only know what my RE said so I am really no help there. 9 million seems okay to me. Remember you only need One :spermy: Good Luck and we are here for you. Its okay to cry. Let it out so you can wipe yourself off and get ready for next cycle. :hugs:

Savasanna - Hopefully these are all good signs for you. I completely understand what you mean about trying to keep a level head. Its so hard when we have invested so much. I told DH this morning not to get his hopes up. Its hard enough to be disappointed, I don't want him to have to go through the whirl wind with me! I just want to keep our expectations low, so we so can only be surprised with happiness.

Mhankins - Sometimes we just need to cry it out. It can make us feel better and we can all appreciate where you are coming from. I didn't realise how emotional this was going to be, and I am normally a very emotional person. I like your outlook and positive attitude.

Want1Too - Sounds like your ultrasound went amazing! :cloud9: Are you over the initial shock of twins?

Myshelsong - Welcome to the TWW! I don't think the progesterone is screwing with my mind, but I am not having a pleasant experience with it. Sorry for the TMI - but its causing a lot of discharge. I think if I have to go on it for another cycle, I am going to ask for the pill instead of the creme.

I am feeling better today. Been having some twinges today, which is getting me hopeful again! I am planning on testing tomorrow before our trip, but expecting to see a negative as I will only be 10DPO. I am going to pack a couple tests so I can test on the 9th if the witch doesn't show by then.

Hugs to all you ladies and fingers crossed!!:hugs:

Hi all,

I am new to this thread - and to this site! It's been quite a journey - but I'm now looking for support as I am slowly giving up.

Found out yesterday that my 3rd IUI has failed. My beta was negative, but I have yet to get AF. I am very crampy, so any day now she should show her ugly mug. I am CD 32 at this point, and it's very frustrating because I am torn between going for a 4th or taking a break...

I have read some of your posts on this thread and on others and have said it before that the support is overwhelming and exactly the boost someone like me needs.

Hope to chat soon :thumbup:

Loving - Yes! I am over the initial shock but still shocked. We havent told any family yet just because of us being scared of mc. We are only 6 wks. My DH wants to scream "we are pregnant" from the top of a roof if i let him. Its just really overwhelming that we are finally here after trying for almost 3 years with never having a positive. If it was up to me i wouldnt tell until i was showing or about to give birth but i dont think my husband will last that long. I am glad to hear your feeling better. The 9th will be here in no time for you to test. :hugs:

Hi Alfi - Welcome!
I am sorry to hear about your previous negative IUIs. :hugs: I think you have to do what's right for you and your body. We have all invested soooo much into this journey and want to come out with a bundle of joy. We are here to support you whether you take a break or go full steam ahead. Good Luck!

Welcome alfi924!

Starting this journey, I found myself on this site.. I decided to join. I have a very supporting family but it is still nice to get support, advice and just a chat from these ladies! They are great. They have helped me a lot of what to expect and keep my mind on track. I am sorry about your failed IUI's. If you feel you need a break go for it. It might be what you need. But don't give up! We are here for you and I got my Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon!

Loving - Yes! I am over the initial shock but still shocked. We havent told any family yet just because of us being scared of mc. We are only 6 wks. My DH wants to scream "we are pregnant" from the top of a roof if i let him. Its just really overwhelming that we are finally here after trying for almost 3 years with never having a positive. If it was up to me i wouldnt tell until i was showing or about to give birth but i dont think my husband will last that long. I am glad to hear your feeling better. The 9th will be here in no time for you to test. :hugs:

Hi Alfi - Welcome!
I am sorry to hear about your previous negative IUIs. :hugs: I think you have to do what's right for you and your body. We have all invested soooo much into this journey and want to come out with a bundle of joy. We are here to support you whether you take a break or go full steam ahead. Good Luck!

I shared almost immediately. I decided that after 3 miscarriages I would rather people be excited with us now than be sad if God forbid we lost this one too. Perhaps you can compromise and tell a small group of people who won't blab before you are ready for a big reveal.

Hi all,

I am new to this thread - and to this site! It's been quite a journey - but I'm now looking for support as I am slowly giving up.

Found out yesterday that my 3rd IUI has failed. My beta was negative, but I have yet to get AF. I am very crampy, so any day now she should show her ugly mug. I am CD 32 at this point, and it's very frustrating because I am torn between going for a 4th or taking a break...

I have read some of your posts on this thread and on others and have said it before that the support is overwhelming and exactly the boost someone like me needs.

Hope to chat soon :thumbup:

Hi Alfi. We are all here for support regardless of what you decide to do. I know of two women with multiple failed iuis who take a break and find themselves expecting. Not saying it happens for everyone, just putting out there that it is possible.

I haven't started the cycle over yet.. the office said 2-3 days after I stop the meds.. They also threw in there if I don't get it in 2 weeks to call so they figure out what is going on.. I was like greeeattt... lol...

We are using frozen donor sperm... at our IUI the Dr said it was a good sample.. good motility and 9 million sperm after the wash..He said it is pretty much the same after 3 million.. I have noticed the numbers and idea of a good sample seems to be all over the place lol...Opinions?

Seems like everything in the fertility world is a discrepancy. I hope AF arrives soon so you can hit the retry button

Good morning all!! Thank you for your kind words :)

It is such a hard decision to make...but I am more concerned with the fact that now it is CD33 and AF hasn't shown up yet. I had the negative blood test on Tuesday but I have read some crazy stories that betas can be wrong? PLEASE tell me this isn't true b/c I cant go any more nuts than I already am!!! :wacko:

Welcome, Alfi! I'm so sorry you've found yourself in this position, but I'm glad you've joined our little group. All of the ladies on this board have been incredibly supportive and helpful as I've navigated through my journey, I hope we can be as supportive for you as well!

I know sometimes these meds can mess with our cycles. A few months ago I was 2 days late and was still bfn. boo. I don't know much about betas being wrong - but I suppose anything is possible? If it were me, I'd consider a negative beta to be a bfn. But that's also because I've found that I need to keep my feet firmly on the ground. Higher the hopes the harder the fall, ya know? But while I find that comforting, other ttc folks might find that outlook depressing. You really just have to do what you have to do to get through the day.

Taking a break can be really, really difficult. Sometimes it's what we need, and sometimes it can be.. just hard. Usually it's both of those things.. at least in my experience. Have you spoken with your doctor regarding next steps? I know some doctors try to encourage IVF after three IUIs - again, do what's right for YOU and don't let someone else make that choice for you. If you want to try three more IUIs - do that. If you want to discuss other options - do that. This is YOUR body and YOUR choice.

AFM - Sometimes I feel like I'm the count from Sesame St. 8dpiui, ah ah ah!

Jrepp - I have told 1 of my girlfriends. She knows we are pretty and she is super supportive not that my family would not be. I am the youngest of 4 and the only 1 without children. I plan to tell a couple family members next week after our u/s. We are so excited and so scared at the same time. If that makes sense.

Alfi924 - Sorry I am no expert on betas. I just know they suppose to double every 24-48hr give or take. If you think something is up, can you request another blood test for reassurance? Also I agree with Savasann - have you talked to your doctor about your next step? Again we are here to support you whichever decision you make. GL!

Savasanna - Hang in there dear you will be testing in no time.

The ultrasound went great. Baby is measuring right where it should be and the heartbeat was a strong 110

Jrepp - I have told 1 of my girlfriends. She knows we are pretty and she is super supportive not that my family would not be. I am the youngest of 4 and the only 1 without children. I plan to tell a couple family members next week after our u/s. We are so excited and so scared at the same time. If that makes sense.

Alfi924 - Sorry I am no expert on betas. I just know they suppose to double every 24-48hr give or take. If you think something is up, can you request another blood test for reassurance? Also I agree with Savasann - have you talked to your doctor about your next step? Again we are here to support you whichever decision you make. GL!

Savasanna - Hang in there dear you will be testing in no time.

Want1Too - I already see a RE - but now I am beginning to think I should go find a second opinion. The RE I see now is one of the best double board certified ones in the Northeast. I'd be crazy to leave him but I can't figure out how I read he has helped undress of thousands of women, but I am one of the few he can't :(

Welcome, Alfi! I'm so sorry you've found yourself in this position, but I'm glad you've joined our little group. All of the ladies on this board have been incredibly supportive and helpful as I've navigated through my journey, I hope we can be as supportive for you as well!

I know sometimes these meds can mess with our cycles. A few months ago I was 2 days late and was still bfn. boo. I don't know much about betas being wrong - but I suppose anything is possible? If it were me, I'd consider a negative beta to be a bfn. But that's also because I've found that I need to keep my feet firmly on the ground. Higher the hopes the harder the fall, ya know? But while I find that comforting, other ttc folks might find that outlook depressing. You really just have to do what you have to do to get through the day.

Taking a break can be really, really difficult. Sometimes it's what we need, and sometimes it can be.. just hard. Usually it's both of those things.. at least in my experience. Have you spoken with your doctor regarding next steps? I know some doctors try to encourage IVF after three IUIs - again, do what's right for YOU and don't let someone else make that choice for you. If you want to try three more IUIs - do that. If you want to discuss other options - do that. This is YOUR body and YOUR choice.

AFM - Sometimes I feel like I'm the count from Sesame St. 8dpiui, ah ah ah!

Thanks!! I am going through with one more cycle...AF reared her ugly mug late yesterday afternoon so now it's back to square 1! I go in tomorrow morning for my ultrasound and blood work, then start the Femara and we shall see where we go from there! Hope you all have a lovely Friday!!

alfi924- Well at least AF showed up and you can continue on :(:)

I am currently waiting for her now after stopping the progesterone 3 days ago now.. Tmi but yesterday I thought I was starting but it appears to just be spotting right now? And is a darker brown rather than red... So sorry haha... It is easier to tell people tha hiding behind a computer lol... Has anyone else had this?

I used to always spot for two days before getting full flow. Like, every month. But after my mc I now just jump to full flow. It's weird - my period used to also almost exclusively start in the morning, but now it seems the pattern is to begin in the evening. It's weird how an event can change our cycles so much.

Sorry you're still waiting though - waiting for AF when you know it's coming is the worst. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->