November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Sparkle! Thats awesome.. maybe we arent crazy, or maybe be are, but hey together is better than alone! lol
Allie, why havent you told your parents yet? You just waiting to be in the clear?
I always thought both times I got preg I wanted to tell everyone right away, just because Id want the support if I lost it .. and because I cant hold in that much excitement! LOL I couldnt hold this baby in anyway, my belly wont go down! lol And Ive gained at least 12 pounds. WHOA. ugh.

Desi, I love how you say you are prepared to be dramatic!! Awesome! Get it in your head that you WILL hear or see something before leaving that office.. that way it might get easier to get crazy if they dont give you what you know you are having.
I gotta say, I dont understand why some docs want to almost keep it their little secret. I mean COME ON! There is a baby growing inside of us, of COURSE we want to see/ hear whats going on!

It has been hard not to tell my parents but they are so over protective of me I kind of want to be treated normally for a bit haha. Also, they don't have any grand children yet so I would feel really bad if they got excited and something happened. I think my extra caution is because I had a loss....but my midwife today was really optimistic on my behalf and said everything was going perfectly and my risk of MC is reallly really low at this point. So I'm assuming that's the same for all of us!

I'm currently laying in bed trying to undo my stress from earlier.....

When do you have your next appt or scan, Lucky?

Now I don't have another chance to listen to the doppler until 14 weeks and then no scan until 20 weeks, oh man, it feels ages away!

I understand what you mean Allie... they will be so excited when you do tell them!
My next appt is May 26th and I will be 13wks 5days
then I might be able to have my gender ultrasound on the next appt which is June 23rd and I will be 17wks 5days. My doctor is such a sweet guy that I think I could ask for anything within reason and get it. Last time I got an extra ultrasound because he didnt think he could for sure tell me boy or girl, so he did one the next appt and was able to tell for sure :) and he didnt charge me for it.
So if I dont get to have my gender scan in June I will probably have it at the next month appt, around July 21st, I will be 21wks 5 days then.

Speaking of parents, we haven't told either of our parents yet. My elder sister knows, a couple of our very close friends here in town know but we wanted to wait until we heard the HB to tell our parents. We just didn't think it would take this long. Now that it HAS taken this long, we are determined to wait. When I talk to them, I almost blurt it out...then stop myself. Allie, my parents are the same way. I just know how devastated my mom would be in case something were to happen. I just don't want to put them through that!

That's exactly how I feel Desi! I can't wait to feel super confident and tell the world!!

Okay so I found this yesterday and it says I'm having a BOY:

https://www.thebump.com/calculators/C...spx?MsdVisit=1

It's the Chinese Gender Chart....what does it say you guys are having?? :)

I had done the bump gender thing before and it told me we were having a girl!! I would LOVE to have a little girl :)!

My husband got a dream a year or so ago that we had a baby boy (even before we decided to try) and a couple of days ago I got a dream that we had a boy, so who knows!!

Has anyone done the Baking Soda test? Apparently you put baking soda in a cup, add your pee to it, if it fizzes its a boy, doesn't fizz a girl. Anyone tried it? I think we should all try it this weekend and update and see how the predictions turn out :)!

I think the link that Allie was trying to send is: https://www.thebump.com/calculators/ChineseGenderChart.aspx

Oh yeah that is the correct link, thanks!

Ooh, good idea, let's do the baking soda gender test this weekend! :thumbup:

Does anyone ever get sharp pain in their cervix? I just noticed it this morning, every once awhile I get this OUCH! pain in my vagina, it must be my cervix. :shrug:

Allie, I got the sharp pain yesterday..just for a second and it went away..it was an OUCH pain like you described....not sure what that was...

Also, I have noticed that even though I am drinking the same amount of water, I am no longer getting up at night to pee! Not sure what that is about. It seems like a silly thing to worry about but I am worrying ;)!

Your body is probably just so tired that you're sleeping right through it! Busy growing baby and all. :) Sounds like nothing to worry about.

I'm not working today so I feel like I'm just sitting around obsessing over pregnancy today. Probably not healthy lol!!!

I'm also watching the royal wedding coverage. :)

Haha! ;)

Lucky, here is my 'bump' pic as promised. I am definitely a bit bigger around my middle...I can no longer comfortably button my pants, but I have yet to gain weight so I'm thinking it's a bloat bump! But that's okay. :)

Attachments

• 10wkalso.jpg
    10wkalso.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
Allie you look fabulous! :)
Been meaning to ask, where you born in 84? I was, Sept 14th.

Thanks! Yep, I was born in 1984 as well. :) January 27th so I'm a bit older than you!

I'm down for a girl on the test! That would be lovely! Not least cos I can't think of any boys names!

Wasn't the wedding gorgeous! I went into Londonyesterday to watch. - the streets were packed! Amazing atmosphere! She looked so beautiful. It's our first wedding anniversary tomorrow so brought back lots of lovely memories- although I didn't have quite as much press coverage!

lol Sarah! Would have been so fun to be there.. but I recorded it on my DVR..(as it was on at 3 a.m my time!) and watched it as soon as I opened my eyes yesterday morning . beautiful!!

Okay so how much baking soda do we use?

OK!!
The baking soda results.

NO FIZZING = GIRL

we should keep a tally so we can find out whos were right and whos were wrong!

Oooh, exciting! Did you use 1 TSP of baking soda?

I was up searching the house this morning before peeing and couldn't find any, so will have to do it tomorrow.

I'm also thinking of doing the Intelligender test.

I'm a little confused though becuase on thebump.com's Chinese chart it says I'm having a boy but on the Intelligender website the Chinese chart says girl. So there are different Chinese charts out there.

Last night I had a dream I had a miscarriage! It was so scary. I was so happy when I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

Sarah, I put around a tablespoon of baking soda in a disposable cup.. and peed in another cup..(lol) then I pour a little of the pee into the baking soda ... if it fizzes, like a soda would then you are having a boy - if it doesnt have any reaction, its a girl. I was looking on another site and the girls had pretty great results! Over 80% accurate! whoa huh!?

WOW!! I need to get me some baking soda!

Had a sad day today :cry: had to give my beautiful rabbit away because i just can't find any space for him when we start doing the new nursery soon, and he's a house rabbit so he wouldn't survive outside....miss him so much already but it's for the best. I was finding it so hard to clean him out and everything.... :(

OH took me out for dinner and a movie to cheer me up....worked a little bit X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->