November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Wow so much has happened since I have been on here. Congrats to all the ladies who had scans and saw their wonderful babies. I am jealous that I didn't have one. I have to wait two days for my next doctors appt. He is going to hate having me as a patient come Nov. Since I didn't want a pap smear last time, they scheduled me for one this time. I am going to refuse it again and then make sure he does a doppler so I can hear the HB again. I'm sure he will probably do it everytime I go in but I am going to request it just in case. I am also going to see if I can get my gender scan earlier than 20 weeks. I am going to think up some excuse so I can have it at the end of June. That way I will be able to share with family over the 4th of July weekend.

I just called and ordered cookies. I am going to take them to my coworkers and to my parents to tell them, (after thurs. appt of course). They are going to be blue and pink and some will say "November 2001" on them. I do have a feeling that this baby will be born in December though.

Has anyone else told their families yet? If so, how did you do it? If not, when are you going to do it?

Hi Melissa! I originally had my anatomy scan scheduled for week 20 (July 12), but since my travel plans for July have changed and since I now will be out of town from week 18.5 - 22, the dr.'s office switched my scan to June 30, the day before I leave for my trip. My MW said they should be able to still see everything they need to at that time so it should be fine (and worst case scenario is that they can't see something clearly and have me come back in when I return). I agree with you, it will be great to be able to tell family the gender over fourth of July weekend. :) Maybe you can just use the travel thing as an excuse to get you in sooner?

That is a great way to announce the good news. :) We only told family over mother's day and will share the news with our friends after our 14 week scan. Just a few more weeks, can't wait!

I've got my fancy new signature below!!! :happydance:

Hi Melissa, good to hear from you! Don't worry, I also have to wait until 20 weeks for a proper scan (even though I had a mini scan in the OB office last week which I am grateful for). My doc says anything between 18-20 weeks is fine. I haven't had the pap either....have you had one in the past year? If so they shouldn't ask you for one. I bet they will listen with the doppler every appointment as they have done for me. The docs just carry it in their pockets at my OB and I asked if I would get one every appointment and they said yes. I heard baby today and it was great.

I love the way you are telling your family! So creative. We are also telling our family this weekend (though DH's mum already knows, he called her in Scotland and told her) but haven't though of a way to do it creatively. How exciting! I did almost let slip today when my parents were over, it was so hard not to.

When is everyone going to do the Facebook announcement?

Me too, me too on the signature. Can someone send me the code? Or better yet, copy paste on here so those interested can may be copy?

Our parents live thousands of miles away so we just called up and told them. Very unoriginal! :D! We will tell all our local friends next week..when I am 13W+, probably via e-mail. At first we thought we would call them all but that seemed like such a pain and seemed like it would take a lot of time. We will just announce in e-mail that way everyone we want to tell will know at the same time than hearing from someone else. We also plan to tell my work on the same day as when we tell our friends. Our "friends" also work at my work place so I cannot keep work & personal friends separate anyways. I have decided to tell my boss this Friday because she is on vacation for next two weeks and I am on a work trip for a week and a half after that so next time I will see her is 3rd week of June. I just didn't want her to know second hand so I will make sure to tell her NOT TO TELL ANYONE! I am not sure if she will keep it to herself so I decided I will tell her close to 5:00 p.m. on Friday so she can do the least damage :p!

Three of my friends are also pregnant right now, so I thought we would put the subject as "Don't drink the same water" or something like that. We are not sure that we will announce on Facebook though!

I am just patiently and nervously waiting for my scan tomorrow! I just want the scan time to be here already. It's gonna be a LONG day and a half. Good thing I have meetings pretty much all day today/tomorrow a.m. That should keep me distracted!

no problem signature code is.....

https://img33.glitterfy.com/11137/glitterfy1154009T572D30.gif

:)

ok that didn't work!! Sorry Desi! sending it to your private messages now!!

Sparkle, can you send me the signature as well? Thanks for putting it together!

I don't think I will do the Facebook announcement. Given my history, it just feels too scary to do that. God forbid something goes wrong, I really don't want to have to announce that on Facebook too. We'll just tell our friends in person or on the phone. :)

If you click Quote reply on Sparkle's post, you will see the code.

Desi, that sounds like a good plan. Only one day to go, yay!!

I han an argument with DH this morning and I started crying a lot and now I feel bad, hope I didn't stress out the baby.. :cry: I find something new to worry about each day it seems. I'm probably going crazy!! :wacko:

Hi Girls!
I havent been on since last week.. I went to my sisters house for the weekend (about a 7 1/2 hour drive) let me tell you, that drive is A LOT harder with a 2 year old and a pregnancy.. ugh. Anyway, Ive been so sick, the worst cold Ive ever had.. not being able to take much as made it really hard too. I went to the doc, and I am carrying so much extra fluid in my face that it is literally coming out everywhere, my nose, my EYES, and my ears..its so sick. Anyway -
My friend just had her baby on the 16th.. it was her second, and with both babies they waited to tell the gender.. oh man I am so tempted to wait.

love the new signature.. thanks girls

Ok, got it! Thanks Allie!
Don't worry about crying, I did that a lot in the early stages. DH and I had two arguments too several weeks ago where I started bawling, and now he is more sensitive to the fact that my hormones make me cry much more easily. The 'arguments' were a bit silly and I don't think I would have cried had I not been pregnant. And sometimes the most ridiculous things on tv make me cry now too. Baby will be fine! When I find myself getting upset, I try to take a few deep breaths to calm myself...it works for me. :flower:

By the way.. kudos to those who can wait to tell everyone the pregnancy news.. if you saw me.. you would know Im definitely pregnant, there is NO way of hiding it .. my belly is def pregnant. lol

Are we living the same life? I had a fight with DH too! And then I started feeling guilty :(!
I han an argument with DH this morning and I started crying a lot and now I feel bad, hope I didn't stress out the baby.. :cry: I find something new to worry about each day it seems. I'm probably going crazy!! :wacko:

Thanks Bumphope and Desi, it's comforting to know I'm not alone. :hugs:

Desi, maybe we're having a major hormone surge this week or something!

I tried calming myself down with deep breaths but I found myself apologizing to the baby and that just made me cry harder!

Lucky, sorry you've been sick! I've had a really stuffy nose too and actually a bit of a nosebleed blowing my nose, yuck. I hear we get a lot of extra mucous with pregnancy. Congrats to your friend, I know I could not wait to find out the sex, I'm far too impatient.

Welcome back Desi!! Sorry you've been I'll babe :friends:
Get Well soon! I am soooo not waiting to find out the gender, I wanna know asap!!

Aw I just went back and saw the newest scan pics.. SO CUTE!! :)
Girls my sister and I are officially crazy.. between the two of us (we share) our maternity clothes collection is OUT of control!!
52 pairs of jeans/capris.. and 77 shirts!!! OMG. This isnt even counting the lounge pants, the sweatsuits, the skirts, the dress pants, the dresses or the shorts. This is nuts.

OMG Lucky, I am jealous of all those clothes. I haven't bought a single outfit since I found out. Maternity/Otherwise! I am still able to fit in to most of my pre-pregnancy clothes (except a few favorite jeans :()!

Has anyone bought any maternity clothes?

Lucky - wish I had a maternity wardrobe like yours!! Is there a particular place you like to shop?

I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet, but have been scoping them out online. Right now I can still fit into everything but have been noticing things getting a little snug in the stomach. I would love to find some comfy jeans with a full panel and some maxi dresses for the summer to start out with. I wonder if the panel on those pants is too big for this stage of pregnancy, but I feel like they would help smooth out some of the belly fat that is getting pushed out right now. :shy:

Holy crap Lucky! That's awesome though, enjoy them.

I have not purchased maternity clothes yet but I did buy a Bella Band, which I sometimes wear under my shirt and over my jeans....it's to help you wear your pre-pregnancy jeans unbuttoned. I tend to wear tight pants...jeggings and skinny jeans....and now I can't really button most of them so I'm wearing a lot of leggings these days. I mean, I can button my jeans if I squish but then I feel like I'm squishing the baby.

Allie,
I looked at a Band thingie at the local target! Where did you buy yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->