November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Glad everything went well Desi. I find they try to rush at the appts sometimes...I just keep asking questions hehe.

The heart rate theory is that higher means girl, lower means boy. My baby's always seems to be between 150-160. I also think if you had a doppler you'd hear a greater variability on the hr.

Ahh July 12th seems so long to wait!! The good news is you will definitely find out gender at that point. I will be right on 19 weeks when I get mine and I think if you are less than 20 weeks you have a greater chance of not seeing baby's bits (based on what midwife said to me).

I'm good today, except for the headache. I gave in and took two Tylenol. I called the nurse and she said I could even take an Excedrin and drink some caffeine to just nip it in the bud.

She kept asking if I had questions but I sort of didn't have too many. I should have asked about the shoulder spasm...too late now!

I think that is why they don't do anatomy scans in our office until 20 because they say at 20 weeks you can tell for sure boy/girl. One of my friends cousins who happens to be a radiologist herself apparently got told she will be having a girl and she delivered a boy last week! Imagine the shock. They are first time parents and apparently their baby shower was completely pink and she got a lot of pink things....hmmmm....

I also found out I gained 4 lbs since May 10!

Ladies,
BIG NEWS from me! All day today I started feeling some popcorn popping in my tummy, right around the belly button area. It wasn't gas. The first couple of times I thought I was just overreacting to my grumbling tummy or something but then they started happening all day - so I am now convinced that it is the baby!! I am so excited! I cannot wait for the proper kicks now so DH can feel them too!

The spasm still exists! It hurts but at least the day had a +ve note to it :)!

How exciting Desi!

Allie-I do get headaches quite often. I take 2 extra strength Tylenol every time one starts because I know it will only get worse if I don't. I told the midwife that I have been doing this 3-4 days a week and she said that was fine. I also allow myself one soda a day. The doctors told me(along with books/internet) that it is ok to drink caffeine as long as you don't drink over 200 mg. A can of Coke has like 34mg so I figure I am safe with that.

Hi Girls. Hopefully this will work..

Heres my bump! Taken in the morning.. at night its twice the size!! Especailly last night- went out for dinner and was so uncomfortably full! I even got a stitch half way through eating!

Attachments

• Baby Bump 017.jpg
    Baby Bump 017.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 3
Awww Sarah so cute!!!!! It seems like they all get bigger in the evening, so funny.

Desi, that's wonderful. It's such a great feeling. :)

I found the two Tylenol really worked once I finally did it. You're right, Melissa, the longer you put it off the worse it gets! I was just taking one here and there the headache just lingered, ugh. I also had a Dr. Pepper, it was amazing!

How is everyone this weekend?

AFM I have been eating LIKE CRAZY. I've developed a super big appetite all of a sudden.

I am always hungry but can't eat a lot in a sitting. I will be starving but can't finish a burger.

The doctor said I am not gaining much weight yet, like 3 lbs. I have friends that have gained 50 lbs while pregnant and I am hoping that doesn't happen to me.

The newest symptom for me is my one boob has started leaking. It is not a lot. I noticed it when I got out of the shower. Then later in the day I squeezed it just to see if anything would come out and it did. I had already read about others having this happen so I was not worried but kind of excited. My body is getting ready :) I want November to be here.

I went shopping at Babies R Us this weekend (over 2 hours away from where I live). I found a couple cribs that I like. I was also looking at crib bedding. I can't wait until I know the gender so I can buy one and start setting up the nursery. 10 more days!
Is 20 weeks to early to set up the nursery?

What a cute bump Sarah! Mine is not that defined. I definitely have a paunch thingie that sort of looks like a bump! I should post a picture soon!

We went to a furniture store (also 2 hrs away) to buy a sleeper couch for the basement and ended up wandering into the crib section! It was so cute to look at but SO MANY OPTIONS ranging from basics to high-end! Gosh! I am not sure how we will even decide. The cheapest I saw was $159 to high end $779! I think we will probably stick to something in between but does anyone know how to start "researching" these options? What all are you buying? I think the only thing we are thinking is a crib and may be a changing table with a dresser. We have not decided on the rocker yet...We still have to clear out the "office" to make it a baby room! All of a sudden it feels like there is less and less time to accomplish a lot of things! Phew!

I wish we had a Babies R Us near here, what a field day shopping in there hehe. :)

I don't think 20 weeks is too early to set up the nursery; I have a friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me and she keeps updating on what she's bought for the baby on Facebook and it makes me feel so behind. I'm thinking I'm going to wait until 24 weeks (V Day) to start shopping for furniture, but I may start buying other things before then.

No idea about cribs, Desi. I think we're going to go for a simple one as we're going to have the baby sleep in something (are they called moses baskets? cots? I don't know...the things you have next to your bed) in our room for awhile. I also want a changing table/dresser and rocker and I think that's it for furniture.

I can't remember who has Carpal Tunnel (it is you Desi) but I'm worried I'm getting it! I woke up in the middle of the night and my right forearm had the worst shooting pain. It actually still does, and I finally caved and took two Tylenol (I cannot believe the amount of Tylenol I'm taking these days :( ). I'll have to have my midwife take a look at it.

Allie,
Yes. I have Carpel Tunnel but mine is mild. It is just mild pain all the time. Thankfully it hasn't gotten worse. I am almost used to that mild pain now...weird huh?! I only notice it if I am on the laptop and am not using my mouse. I also realized it is on the right hand more than left hand so I am actually using my mouse on the left now. It takes some time to get used to (I still am getting used to it) but that is also helping a bit.

We are the same way on the baby thing. We will have him/her with us for the first 5 months or so in a bassinet or something to that effect and then move them into the crib. I want to be sensible in what we are buying $$$ wise. It is crazy that these cribs promise to do so many things - convert into 3-6 different things..are we really going to use all that is the question!! Hmm...

Bassinett, that's the word I was thinking of! :dohh: Yes, we will use one of those.

I write reports for work and am on my laptop allll day, I'm sure it's not helping one bit. I should try the left handed mouse, even if it feels weird.

Sarah - cute bump! One of these days I will take a pic and post it. :winkwink:

Allie / Desi - I will most likely be getting a pack and play for the baby to sleep in in our room during the first few months. I figure it will come in handy after the baby grows and can no longer use the bassinet part of it. We haven't started buying things either, but I have started putting a few small things on our registry (mainly just because I wanted to keep track of things I've researched and like). We definitely want one of those convertible cribs, and dresser w/ changing table on top, and a rocker. Another must for me is a swing! Once we find out the gender, it is game on! :)

We have our scan on June 30th at which point I will be 18+2 days (based on my due date of 11/29), but since the dr. is still going by my due date based on my LMP, they will date me at 18+6. It's a bit early so I hope they will be able to tell us the gender. It would be great to find out before we leave for vacation the following day so we can announce the gender to our families in person.

BumpHope,
I am considering a pack n play with a bassinet too! But the bassinets on their own are SO CUTE! Hard to resist. But I know it is probably better to get a pack n play that can be sent to the baby sitters etc and that will definitely be used longer than the bassinet will be!

Where did you start your registry at? The only choice I have here in this town especially if people want to go personally and shop (and if I want to return things) is Target! I haven't looked into their registry yet!

I am with you on the Swing! I gave my nephew a swing when he was born and he used it quite extensively. He was a colicky baby and the swing calmed him down quite a bit!

Desi - I started our registry at Amazon.com. I like that they have so many options for everything and that I can read through reviews. I think reviews are a must! I haven't really looked elsewhere yet, but I may start another registry if I find a lot of stuff elsewhere, like Target or Babies R Us. Ideally though I'd like to just stick with one registry.

I am with you on the Swing! I gave my nephew a swing when he was born and he used it quite extensively. He was a colicky baby and the swing calmed him down quite a bit!

I found a few super cute and cozy looking swings. They look just so comfy that I wish they made adult sizes!! :haha: Maybe then I could finally get a decent night's sleep. :winkwink:

So excited, I have just got back from my Gender scan and its a GIRL!!! So happy, was expecting to be told boy and from past experience its very clear with a boy, but there clear as day at 17 weeks 3 little lines, the cord was through the legs just to confuse things but the doctor was 99% sure its a Girl. Bumphope - my scan was very clear, so you should have no problems at 18 + weeks.

Yippee can go shopping now for pink. She will be the most looked after little girl with 3 big brothers looking out for her.

Oh my goodness Cherry! What an amazing news! I cannot believe how happy you currently must be! Yes, she will have everyone wrapped around her little finger! Man, my scan seems SO FAR AWAY!!

Also, all first time moms, are you signing up for any birthing classes?

Hi Girls! Sorry I havent been on much... My sisters wedding was this past weekend. We had an amazing time. My belly fit in the dress, thank goodness :) .. its a bit out of control still. lol. I love seeing the bumps.. can you girls believe we are already carrying onions and sweet potatoes!!? Oh my! Hope everyone is doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->