November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Hmmm you're making me want to go camping!

BumpHope, I can't wait to hear about your scan and maybe feel a little more prepared for mine. Do you think this week is going to drag by?

Cramps from being on your feet all day sound par for the course. Happened to me when I was on vacation and travelling all day.

Here's my 18 weeks bump! And my puppy. :haha:

Attachments

• bump18weeks.jpg
    bump18weeks.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 8
@Allie- Super cute bump!! Loving the puppy too!

@Bumphope, i would be like a kid at xmas if my scan was so close! mines not until next friday!

@desi, i normally hate camping but that did sound like you had a great time! Of course camping in cold wet England is far less fun! Although it was 33 degrees today!!

Allie - Super cute bump (and puppy)!

Yup, this week already feels like it's dragging by. I just cannot contain my excitement! DH and I are STILL repeatedly asking each other what gender we think it'll be. There are only two options, and yet it never gets old! :haha: I am just crossing my fingers that we get a friendly and good ultrasound tech that explains everything as she goes.

Desi - Your camping trip sounds like so much fun. Oddly enough, my SIL just went camping this past weekend too, not too far from us. I'm very tempted to go now after hearing both of your comments. Being out on the water just sounds so relaxing. :)

Sparkle - It does feel like xmas! We were thinking about going out to celebrate afterwards since we will already be downtown, but we can't even really go out to dinner or anything since my scan is at 1:30pm. Our anniversary is the day before so we are going to celebrate a day early. :)

Allie, cute bump! You have motivated me enough to post mine. My bump below is from last Thu when I was 17 weeks :)!

Ladies, you should go camping! It was about 90 degrees outside and the water just was so relaxing and cool! I figure we won't take the baby camping until it is at least a year old so I am going to get my fill in now!

I also feel like a little kid waiting for Santa! I am counting every hour. It reminds me of TWW! Two weeks from now, we will be out celebrating the news and SHOPPING for either PINK or BLUE. My appt is at the end of day and I told DH we were gonna go shopping and go out for a nice dinner. I was reading on some forums today where the couple ask the u/s tech to write the gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope and they open it together at home/dinner when they are alone! That sounds like a neat idea BUT I do not think I can wait that long. I will probably rip that envelope open as soon as we are out the u/s room hehe!

Attachments

• Week17-2.jpg
    Week17-2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3
Allie- Cute!

I am glad to hear your camping went well Desi. I am going camping this coming Friday-Monday. I will be staying in a cabin though not a tent. I am still kind of nervous about it because the bed and all the sitting furniture are not comfortable and my back always hurts when I leave there.

My scan was supposed to be Wed at 10 am but my husband had to work. I had to reschedule it to 2:30 and the wait is going to kill me. Less than 2 days. I need to find stuff to keep me occupied until then so it goes by faster. I asked my husband if he wanted a girl or boy and he told me he didn't care...as long as it was a boy. ha. I tease him that its going to be a girl and he teases back that its going to be a boy. We would both be happy either way though.
I hope baby cooperates so that I can order nursery bedding and start painting. :)

Thanks girls!!

Desi, you have a lovely bump! Yay!!! Looking good. :)

I like the go out and celebrate idea. :) Our is at 9:15 am on Friday so we can always go out or brunch afterwards. And buy something blue or pink. I'm like you BumpHope; I hope we get a friendly talkative u/s tech. When I had my early scan at 6 weeks the lady was pretty silent (but she did point out the heart beat for me).

It's funny how it's the 20 week scan but most of us are getting it well before 20 weeks. ;)

Do you know if you need a full bladder or not? I was told no by someone and yes by someone. I guess I'll go with it full just in case.

Desi - Cute bump!

Allie - They told me to drink 32oz of water/clear liquids one hour before the ultrasound and said that if my bladder is not full enough, they may have to reschedule. That much liquid, and holding my urine for so long, sounds unbelievably painful but I'll do whatever it takes not to have it rescheduled! At the same time, I think I have also heard some people say they were told they don't need a full bladder. So who knows!? :shrug:

Allie - I found this info online about whether or not a full bladder is needed for a 20wk scan...

"This can vary a bit from site to site but, in general, early ultrasounds -- prior to 20 to 24 weeks or so -- do require a full bladder when the transabdominal approach (transducer is placed on your abdomen) is used.
The reason for this is that the fluid in the bladder creates a "window" for the beam to pass through. (This provides a good medium for sound conduction.) It also serves as a "landmark" for the technician to get their bearings, so to speak. In addition, a full bladder can change the position of the uterus, taking the flexion out of it and pushing it up so it is easier to scan. A full bladder also moves loops of bowel up and out of the way to make the pelvic organs easier to view.
In later pregnancy, or with a transvaginal approach, (the probe is introduced into the vagina), a full bladder is not necessary. The enlarging uterus is quite nicely positioned above the pubic bone and the fluid within the sac provides the medium for passage of the beam."

Allie, Bumphope,
For my 12 W scan I went with a full bladder and that was the first thing the tech commented on. She did a few minutes of the u/s then asked me to empty the bladder so the baby can move around so she could then take measurements. So I guess in my tech's case a full bladder was an issue. As soon as it was empty, the LO was moving around like crazy. I specifically asked about the 20W scan and a full bladder, and she said not to have it. So I guess each place is different? I do know that our office does have some high-tech machines (they also do 3D scans) so I think may be they scan better? I don't know though. I will call them again next week to confirm that but I think I am going empty :D!

Yeah it really depends on the US machine thing they use. The older ones require a full bladder. I went in for my 8 week scan with an empty bladder thinking I would have a transvaginal scan. The US tech ended up doing an abdominal scan and was able to get all the measurements from that. I would think they would have mentioned it if you needed a full bladder. You could always call and ask.

I have some dull abdominal pain today. Anyone else have that? Gah! I hate that every single thing makes me worried. I also started taking Iron today so I am now wondering if it is because of that!!

Is it your uterus or stomach hurting (I know it's sometimes hard to tell)? I get stomach pains sometimes but I think it's because I'm pretty constipated. I also woke up with something like a stich in my side today. :shrug: And I have started getting what I think is round ligament pain for real because I sometimes have a sharp pain in different parts of my uterus, especially when I move around.

Thanks for the water information, everyone. I have a friend who got scanned there recently so I think I will just ask her as it really seems to depend. I know we get 3D scans as well so those may be different?

Allie,
Its my lower abdomen. Since the uterus is all over the place now, I am guessing it is the uterus? I drank a big jug of water hoping that its going to ease the pain!
Last time I had my appt, the dr. said the bottom of my uterus was right near the pubic bone and the top was near my belly button. So that is a lot of room!!

Desi - If your abdominal discomfort persists, I would definitely suspect the iron. After my MMC, I became severely anemic and tried all different types of iron before finding one that didn't upset my stomach. Hope the water did the trick though!

Ladies, today is a sad day...I have noticed stretch marks. Ugh. :cry: I have been moisturizing daily hoping to avoid them. I'm going to ask my dermatologist friend if anything really works on them, since I always heard it's genetic and there's no cream that will keep them away.

So the dull pain persisted and I called the nurse. She said that it is most probably Iron that is causing it. I took it with breakfast and my breakfast usually is two types of fruit. Today I ate a banana and a peach. She said that that is not enough because it is very light and she asked me to take it with something substantial like lunch/dinner. I still have the discomfort and hoping the lunch I ate will make it go away. I will have to take it at lunch from tomorrow and see how it goes.

BumpHope - Are you still taking Iron? If so what are you taking? My Dr. asked me to try the Slow fe and that is what I took this morning.

I can't believe your having your gender scan tomorrow Allie! I'm so excited to find out... Gut feel what do you think you're having? Have you got names chosen yet?

I still can't feel baby! Thought i would by now :(

X

My prenatal has iron and I take it before bed so I'm not aware if causes any discomfort as I'm sleeping...it's worked for me.

Oh no! I think I saw a stretch mark too. I guess I'm just kind of expecting it though.

Sarah, how are you? Don't worry about not feeling baby, you may not for another month (I know that seems so long)! The things that seems to make the baby move for me are laying down in bed at night flat on my back or eating something super cold or sugary. Even then, though, I only feel movement every few days.

My gender scan is not until Friday. Oh I wish it were tomorrow! :haha:

Allie, My prenatal has Iron also. I was asked to take more because I don't meat except for once or twice a month or so. I was also told to take the Iron at a different time than the prenatal and I take the prenatal in the evening and its been working great and I didn't want to disrupt that. I think may be I can take prenatal in the morning and Iron at night! That might work better?! The dull ache has still not gone away..!

Sarah - I think BumpHope's scan is tomorrow!

It's worth a shot for sure. :thumbup:

The dull ache could be so many things....even growing or stretching. I've never heard of a dull ache being bad, though! I think at our stage it's only bad if pains come in regular waves, contraction style.

Speaking of which, has anyone else been getting bad dreams? I had a horrible dream I went into labor at 20 weeks and was getting contractions and stuff :( Last week I dreamed both my parents died, etc. It's just not fun.

Hey guys :wave: I've been having seriously bad dreams too. And...really erotic dreams :blush: Feel quite sorry for my OH tbh! I'm never in the mood except in my sleep! Saying that he now says he finds it wierd that i look so pg, so he's not really in the mood either :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->