November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Nope, it's not me having the gender scan tomorrow...it's Melissa. :D Mine is on Thursday. Hurry up Thursday and get here already!!

Desi - I don't know if the brand of iron you take makes a difference or not, but when I was having issues with my iron, my doctors recommended different types of iron (and didn't seem to think brand made a difference). I started out with ferrous fumarate, then tried ferrous citrate, and then finally found ferrous gluconate and that's the one that worked for me. MY MIL also uses ferrous gluconate. My mom however swears by Ferro-Sequels brand of iron (which is ferrous fumarate). So as you can see, everyone is different and you may need to try a few before finding one that works. (I believe there are other types of iron as well, but this is just what I tried.) I also have iron in my prenatal and since my levels have gone back to normal for now, I'm no longer taking the additional supplements. I don't eat a lot of meat either...maybe once a week max, sometimes less. I haven't really been eating much fish either because I can never remember what fish is good and what is bad. :haha: But my prenatals come with a DHA supplement pill so I figure that should take care of the lack of fish in my diet.

So Melissa today!!
Bump Hope- Thursday
Allie- friday
Sparkles/ Desi?

Me- November!!

Im doing well.. rather embarassing momemnt yesterday - i was walking to the station to go to work when I suddenly felt really nauseaus and vomitted on the middle of the high street- 4 times! I was a bit worried as my husband came down with the noro virus on the weekend and was being sick all weekend long. (im not sure if youve got it in the US but the noro virus is a really contagious vomitting bug) its rife over here at the moment- I know 4 people that have had it in the past 2 weeks. I headed home (so embarrassed about being sick- i didnt know whether to clean it up but obviously had nothing with me!) But have flet fine since so think it was just hormones. Weird thogh as not been sick in 2 months.

Funny about your erotic dreams Sparkle!!

Cherry - Girl
So Melissa today!!
Bump Hope- Thursday
Allie- friday
Desi - July 11
Lucky - July 14
Sparkle - ???
Me- November!!

Sarah - I would be embarrassed too if it had happened to me. But hopefully people who saw you understood :)!

I felt like crap last night but I had signed up for a machine applique class and I forced myself to go to that. I am glad I did. I did a small project that came out like crap but I think I will practice and see if I can create something for the LO's room. I did not take the Iron this morning and brought it with me to work so I can take after lunch. Someone said to drink a glass of orange juice right after taking Iron so I am going to see if that is going to work better today. I hope so, cuz I am not ready to feel like how I felt yesterday!

BumpHope - The iron I am taking is Ferrous Sulphate. I am going to try it till the weekend and if it doesn't work switch to something else!

Sarah- How embarrassing. You did give me a good chuckle though. If it were me I would have been mortified at the time but something you can laugh about later. I am glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you don't catch the NoroVirus.

Hi guys, I'm on 8th July at 10am. At doctors at the moment as I have to see midwife and obgyn throughout this pg, I think caus I'm a little overweight!!

Cherry - Girl
So Melissa today!!
Bump Hope- Thursday
Allie- Friday
Sparkle - July 8
Desi - July 11
Lucky - July 14
Sarah - November!!

Wish there was a calendar that you could attach to the thread. :)! What time is your scan today Melissa?

I can't wait to hear about your scan today, Melissa!

Sarah, someone else I know on BnB who is about where we are threw up yesterday as well. It seems like sometimes MS can flare back up. I would have been embarassed too but hopefully your bump helped everyone to understand. Sorry your hubby is sick and I hope you didn't get the norovirus, it doesn't sound fun.

Desi I hope the iron works better at lunch for you.

Sparkle how did your appt go?

Has anyone been getting a backache now and then? Yesterday and today I've had a mild backache when I'm moving around. I wouldn't normally think anything of it but when I was enrolling in my health insurance's prenatal program yesterday they had a person give me a 'health screen' on the phone and one of the questions to look out for red flags was if I was getting lower back pain?! I thought that was normal.

Allie,
I think back ache is normal too. At my county nurse appt. 3 weeks ago, the nurse handed me a week 16-20 resources and she explained that back ache is fairly common. She also had a sheet in the guide for some exercises to help with it. So, yeah I do think it is fairly common. I get it once in a while and it very mild and goes away on its own. One of my friends who is 23 weeks along gets it more often and she said the exercises definitely help.

Had my MW appt this morning. It was pretty uneventful. Baby was very active when we listed on the doppler. Hope he/she is active at tomorrow's scan! Can't wait to see him/her...it feels like it's been forever since we've gotten to see the baby.

Allie - I also think back pain is perfectly normal. Everything I read lists it as a symptom around this time. And I've had it since day one! Mine was really bad up to week 14 or so. It has eased up significantly for now but I'm expecting it to get worse as the pregnancy progresses. I wonder why your health insurance would list it as a red flag?!?! Every time I go to the dr's, they give me a pamphlet about the pregnancy stage that I'm in and the last one I got listed a bunch of mild exercises that would help with pregnancy pain (sounds just like what Desi gets). I have been slacking on them, but as soon as we get back from vacation, I am going to get on an exercise routine and I think that will help with the pain.

Hey ladies :)

Any news on Melissa yet???

I am apparently measuring 24 weeks... Instead of 19?!
Going to find out next Friday what's going on, they said either it's a big baby or I'm ahead of my dates :wacko:

Oh my, Sparkle!! How could you possibly be measuring that far ahead??? Isn't it common for babies to grow at different rates by now? Did they give you a scan today or just say that based on your uterus measurement? Maybe baby is just advanced for his age. :winkwink:

Im due the 29th of November too, Congrats! If anyone would like a friend feel free to add me :)

Welcome Allyballybee! :wave:

@Bumphope, no scan today :( But the measurements were just from the uterus?? Maybe its just a load of water and a normal baby!

Hey ladies :)
I am apparently measuring 24 weeks... Instead of 19?!
Going to find out next Friday what's going on, they said either it's a big baby or I'm ahead of my dates :wacko:

WHAT??! That is like 4 weeks ahead! It is CRAZY!!! Keep us posted..

Welcome Ally!

Sparkle- At my 16 week appt the doctor told me my uterus was much bigger than it should be. I had a dating scan at 8 weeks so the doctor said that there could have been two in there or maybe its just my anatomy. She didn't say how far I was measuring ahead though. 6 weeks seems like a lot.

2 more hours until my US. I am getting very impatient.

Sparkle- 24 weeks!! Sheez! That wold be alot of fluid.. Are they going to scan you?

Sx

Good luck today, Melissa! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Sparkle - If they just said that based on your uterus measurement, then I wouldn't be too worried. It just seems so far off to be accurate. I bet baby is just fine in there, happy he/she has all that room to move around. :hugs:

Welcome, Allyballybee!

I have to vent. At the end of the school year, I was trying to figure out what I get for maternity leave. My supervisor told me I didn't have to worry about it until Sept or so. Well she just called me and needs to know how long I am taking off. Aghhh. I would have figured it out but she told me that she didnt need to know and now she needs to know in the next 24 hours. I told her 8-10 weeks and she needs to know exactly. I don't even know who for sure is going to be providing child care and how young they take children.

Ok vent over. Sorry about that.

On the plus side, in just over an hour I will be sitting at the clinic waiting to be called in :)

Oh Im so excited for you to find out Melissa.. I still have 15 days.. eeeeek!

It was just a uterus reading so trying not to freak out....That would be some huge baby! Not even going to think about it, but my bump is MASSIVE! Have to say i already have backache too Allie and really swollen feet...ho hum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->