November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

I am on team PINK!!!

She kept me in suspense for the first half an hour. She said she wanted to get the measurements and would then check the gender. Oh and I drank half of a coke before my appt and baby would not sit still. She kept squatting and bouncing off my bladder. Her legs wouldn't quit moving. I don't think she liked the lady pushing on my belly. She would also put her hand in front of her face everytime we tried getting a 4D pic of her face. She was really trying to suck her thumb. I will see if I can upload some of the scan pics later.
Now I want to find a cute purple crib bedding set. I had a boy set picked out but not a girls. If you find any cute purple girl ones let me know. Thanks in advance!

I will be checking tomorrow and Friday to see Bumphope and Allie's results!!!

Yay, congrats Melissa! :happydance: How does OH feel about it...he was hoping for a boy, right? I hope our tech doesn't keep us in suspense!! I'm now so nervous for tomorrow, but I don't know why. I am back to thinking we are having a boy. We'll know soon enough if mother's intuition is right or not...

I thought boy just cause I wanted girl. OH never gets too excited about anything but I could tell he was when he was telling his mom. I told him that baby could still be his hunting buddy but if she's as active as she was today, he won't want to take her in the woods. She also kept opening and closing her mouth and he thinks she is going to be very vocal. Just like her mom, can't sit still or be quiet. :)

I am so excited for you Bumphope. I was so nervous before going in and then you see baby and the nerves go away. Keep us posted :)

Yay Melissa!!! Congrats on Team Pink!!! :pink: I'm so happy for you!!! :hugs:

Did you drink Coke on purpose? I've read advice to drink something sugary so the baby moves enough to ensure a view of their girl or boy parts. Was having a full bladder uncomfortable?

I'm getting nervous for Friday as well. Did the tech tell you the results of the scan or just the sex? We have a midwife appointment right after and they said the tech won't tell us anything.

Sparkle, I wouldn't worry about the measurement....maybe you were bloated or it's your anatomy or any number of things.

Welcome AlllyBallyBee (like the nursery rhyme?) :wave:

YAY!! Congrats Melissa. I am glad you got what you want! You definitely can go shopping now!

Bumphope - good luck tomorrow. What time is your appt?

I meant to mention I'm getting a prenatal massage tomorrow to help me relax.....a bit nervous now that I've booked it (ironically)but I have always loved massages. Does anyone else plan on getting any prental massages?

Congrats on team pink Melissa!!! Girls are great! Will keep an eye out online for purple bedding!

Congrats Melissa- so happy for you! I've just token up -7am here and went straight online to see what you're having!!

Thanks everyone!

Allie- Yes I drank Coke on purpose. I only drank half of it and the tech was getting frustrated because she would not stop moving. I don't care, she got all of her measurements and I got to see what I wanted. I emptied my bladder right before my appt and then after 45 minutes (about 30 minutes into appt) the tech had me empty my bladder and then continued. I asked her what she was able to tell me. She said that she can tell me the gender and the date I was measuring. She also explained what she was taking pics of(the spine, the cord, etc.) My appt with my doctor isn't for two weeks but I got a call this morning from the office saying the doctor reviewed my ultrasound. Everything looked normal. I still have a benign cyst measuring 2 cm on my right ovary but I guess thats pretty common. I don't know if your midwife will tell you anything right after. I know that the tech does the scan, sends it to radiology. Radiology reads it and sends the results to the doctor/midwife.

Oh I'm sure a massage will feel wonderful and help you relax. I don't plan on getting one as I don't really like being touched. I am fine for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden I tense up and can't stand it. I have issues :)

Attachments

• Ultrasound.pdf
    486 KB · Views: 12
Sorry my computer wouldn't let me scan any pics in as pictures so I had to do them as a pdf document.

OMG..look at those pics. She looks adorable..I didn't realize they can grab their foot and stuff at this point hmm!!

Allie - I am not a huge fan of massages but I have heard of friends who had back pains and it helped with the massage...

Now I cannot wait for Bumphope and Allie to find out. What a great way to start the long weekend (for US)!

I actually chickened out about the massage today. :dohh: I cancelled and am going to go get a mani-pedi instead.

Thanks for the information, Melissa. I think I will drink something sugary as well. Those photos are amazing!!!!! So adorable. :happydance:

Awww Melissa, how cute are those pictures!! Amazing, bring on next Friday! i'm so excited now :)

AW Melissa!! Im so excited for you!! I love having a daughter!! :) :)
Those pics are sooooo cute!! I have to wait 2 more weeks. All I want to do is shop and I cant because Im not a fan of gender neutral stuff..lol
BumpHope! Ahh!! Im so excited for you ... now get on here and post! :)

It is a girl...um, I think!?!? :wacko:

Okay, so to start off - I'm back after a 1 hour and 15 minute scan! Baby just would not cooperate and kept moving around so it took 1/2 hour longer than it should have. First off, I was totally in pain from having drank all that water & soda ahead of time. The tech took my placenta and cervix measurements only and then let me empty my bladder so that was a huge plus. The tech was super nice and explained everything. Although the scan has to be read by a radiologist for official results, the tech told me that my placenta had moved up so no more placenta previa for me (which the NT scan tech said I had).

On to the more pressing matter...gender! The tech looked pretty early on at the gender and said it was a girl since she could see the three lines that indicate girl (I thought I saw them before the tech even pointed them out). But, she said she would take another look at the end of the scan to double check. Baby gave her a hell of a time and wouldn't stop moving but then also wouldn't flip over ever. Eventually, after we went beyond our allotted time, she called another tech in to help her get the measurements she needed. They both had me moving all over, on my right side, on my left side, stomach up, and repeat! The second tech seemed more experienced (and I only say that because she was telling the first tech how she could get by on things if the baby didn't move, etc.). The second tech also took a look at gender and said that the cord was in the way but she fiddled around some more and then said she thought it was a girl and then a few minutes later said it again. She added that they can never guarantee 100% accuracy though. Hmmmm. So basically DH and I left there both being a little weary of the gender. I guess it's reassuring that two people both thought it was a girl, but the fact that the cord was in the way (oh and the second tech also said that the labia were swollen a little but that's perfectly normal....but then I thought maybe there were really boy parts there instead of swollen labia!), and that she said they can not guarantee 100% (which I know is always the case) just put doubt in our heads!! I really wish they had both said it with more gusto!! In any case, I attached a pic of baby and a gender pic (that the first tech took; the second tech didn't get a look at the 3 lines or at least not that I could tell)...let me know what you think about the gender pic...!

Attachments

• Baby 6-30-11.jpg
    Baby 6-30-11.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
  • gender 6-30-11.jpg
    gender 6-30-11.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
Well I am off to go camping for the weekend. I can't wait to hear everyone's news!!! Have a good weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->