November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

OMG, Bumphope. Congratulations. I have been waiting for you get back and update :)! It is RAINING Pink on this thread! It does look like a girl to me but I am not an expert. I thought there was another website where you can post a picture and u/s techs vote on the girl/boy picture. May be someone can point out that website to you?

Are they going to do another scan or is this it? 1.5 hour scan seems so long. My dr. office said to plan for 20-30 minutes. At least you got to see you LO for a long time :)!

Congrats BumpHope!!!!! :happydance: Another little girl for the thread!!! :pink: If odds are anything to go by then I should be announcing Team Blue tomorrow. Yay for a great scan.

Yes, like Desi, I was told 15-45 minutes for the scan. Nice that you got two techs to take a look, though. :thumbup:

I would feel pretty certain in the gender....I think they have to say that not 100% caveat but I don't think they are often wrong. I like Desi's idea of doing the voting website.

So what kind of pop did you drink before the scan? We don't have anything sugary to drink in the house so I think I'm going to have to pop out and buy something for the morning.

Have a great time camping, Melissa.

We are moving house this weekend! Actually, moving van and movers (aka hubby and men from church) are doing the moving tomorrow. So it's quite a day for me. Scan at 9:15 am....I will update as soon as I'm home. :)

Good luck with the move, Allie! I drank 1/2 of a caffeine free coke (along with A LOT of water). Since baby was off the wall and giving the techs a really hard time, I kind of wish I hadn't!

The worst part is that I want to just be excited for the baby being a girl but feel all this doubt so can't quite get into excitement mode!

Ah well...we are leaving for our vacation on the east coast tomorrow and I still have a million things I need to do. :dohh:

Allie,
Wouldn't OJ work? Is it the sugar or caffeine or both that make the baby move?

Good luck on the move. You are one brave woman to be moving. Don't stress too much and order those men around :)!

If you're feeling doubtful hopefully when you get the official radiology results it will help you feel more sure. And if you post the pics to have techs read. Have a great vacation!!

Yes I suppose OJ would be the healthier option. :haha: Unless it's the caffeine that makes baby move? One reason I am leaning towards sugary drinks is that baby was pretty lazy at our 11 week scan and really only flipped around if I coughed.

Thanks girls, I'm ready to give orders and maybe bake some cookies for the guys tomorrow. And boss them around haha. ;)

Allie,
I really think it is the sugar that makes them move because when I inquired about the 3D scan our tech said they do it at Week 28 Glucose screening appt. because you would have had so much sugar to drink that it makes the baby move like crazy. I cannot imagine they will have caffeine in those drinks, you know? May be drink some OJ mixed with some caffeine free soda like Sprite? Sort of like a virgin momosa hahah!

Allie / Desi - My ultrasound instructions said to drink clear liquids which don't include milk, OJ, or tomato juice. So maybe it's not a good idea to do the OJ. Ok, now I'm really logging off (I keep looking at girl ultrasound pics online!).

Scratch the OJ then Allie. May be just Sprite :)!

Good luck packing and enjoy your vacation, Bumphope :)! Try not to think about the sex and buy some pink :)!

Bump!! CONGRATS!!! I think its a girl!! They say to look for a hamburger, or 3 lines.. and that looks like a little hamburger to me!! AHHH!! So exciting!!

Allie you find out tomorrow?

Wowsee... Another Girl! Congrats. Im sure they're right that its a girl but like its been said they need to cover themsleves and say its not 100% accurate. Did you have a e preference of girl or boy?

I went to the Glee concert last night!! Loved it! Husband came with me ( under duress) and he said it was cruel to be subjecting out little one such music!!

Hi everyone! How are you all doing? I'm way out of the loop having been away from bnb for the past couple of months.....it's been a difficult (and terrifying) pregnancy so far. Can't remember if we found our we're having twins before I went awol. At 16 wk scan dr told us we're having a boy and a girl - anyone know whether that's likely to be accurate??

Robyn, Welcome back! I think at 16 weeks they can tell depending on how good the tech and the machines are but are you going to get another scan? I would imagine you would because you its a twin pregnancy?

Sarah - My husband would say the same thing if I took him to a Glee concert haha! You did give me a chuckle though :)!

Allie - I am not sure what timezone you are in but it is 9:15 here CST so I am waiting hehe :)!

Sparkle - After Allie, I think it is you who is next in line for the scan?

Hi Robyn- Sorry to hear you've had some terrifying moment. Is everything ok now? Ive had a few scares also which have been hideous - was on bed rest for 8 weeks due to bleeding! But im hoping that things have calmed down now. Buying a doppler really helped calm my nerves.

So exciting you may be having twins. Id love twins! And one of each - How perfect!

Welcome back Robyn! Twins! Wow!

I've got swelling in my feet at the moment, so annoying!! Should really be drinking more water!

@ Desi, I'm on the 8th July so I'm not sure if someones before me?

Come on Allie!! Cant wait to hear!! :)
Robyn, congrats.. I wanted twins more than anything!! LOL But, this time I just have one, and this is my last pregnancy.. hope things get a little less stressful for you, and I hope you can enjoy your pregnancy at least a little :)
13 days away for me. lol. yes Im counting down!

Sparkle- Have u tried graduated compression socks or nylons?? They are supposed to help with leg swelling and help prevent blood clots. I bought a pair of the socks (though they are more like knee length nylons) for my plane ride since it's a long flight. (I don't have any swelling though...just got them as a precaution. )

Come on Allie...can't wait to hear!

Bumphope,
Don't forget to get up and walk in the plane :)! I got some weird looks last time I flew but I did it anyways :)!

I was thinking that I should get some, I also think that I was a bit silly today and wore my pre pregnancy leggings today, they were under my bump but still a bit tight. Probably didn't help the swelling :blush: !! Tbh they have gone down loads since I've had my feet up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->