November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

I'm back!!! I am Team Blue!!!! :blue: :happydance:

Baby was very active and loved showing his bits hehe. It was a great scan....about an hour long. She did both 2D and 4D and we got to see so much. Baby showed us his gender right away so no suspense. :) The prelim report back said everything was good and he was healthy.

I left there just feeling amazing, but now I am SPOTTING?!?!!? I'm so confused. :( I haven't spotted at all this entire pregnancy....I don't know what to think. I had no hematomas and placenta was nice and high, and baby was good. It's just really putting ut a damper on my day. I've called in to my practice and left a message and am just waiting to hear back. :(

Allie,
I have been waiting for you all day! Congratulations on the blue! Post pics when you can.

Sorry about the spotting. Is it heavy or just spotty? color? Hope they return your call back soon..will keep you in my thoughts..update when you hear something..love..

It's spotty and brown. :( Waiting by the phone but they haven't called. I wouldn't worry as much except spotting has not been normal for me.

I have a feeling they will say brown is ok. I have had brown spotting off and on through the first tri and they said ti was fine. I didn't have any in second though. Hopefully it won't turn worse, keep your feet up and relax....

Allie!!! Congrats! Team Blue! Our first boy!!! Don't worry about the spotting, put feet up and call your doctor xxx

Allie, congrats!!! Finally, a boy!! :)
Do you think all the pressure on your uterus caused the bleeding?? Last night I started feeling bruised on my lower abdomen. They were pressing awfully hard yesterday at times and I just wanted to scream 'ouch' but I felt bad that baby wasn't cooperating so they didn't need me not cooperating too! Today I'm even more sore.

The first leg of my flights is over but boy was it a ride! I felt gross and cramped and uncomfortable and then for the last half an hour there was sooo much turbulence. I am really not looking forward to the next leg. Ugh.

Awww good luck on the next leg BumpHope, hope it's much smoother!!! Turbulence always makes me nervous even though it's okay.

No one got back to me so I went in (I really utilze the walk-in clinic the midwives run...think I've been 3 times now). Midwife didn't even examine me, which I wanted, but I guess it's good she thinks it's nothing. She said brown spotting just happens, to lots of women, at any point in the pregnancy. She said it's not possible it was coming from my uterus because my cervix measured nice and long this morning and there was nothing on the ultrasound that would indicate any source of bleeding. And the brown means it was old. She thinks it was sloughed off of my cervix, probably from being irritated today. BumpHope, I agree it did hurt when they were pressing down so hard!!

So....for now I'm trying to forget about it and be happy but as those of you who have spotted/bled know, it really puts a damper on things. I developed this shooting pain down my leg a few minutes and it freaked me out.

As soon as we are in our new place I will put up some photos!! Hopefully this weekend. He was reeeally cute with the 3D, we have a few shots of him clenching both of his fists in front of his face. The 3D was hard to make out, though.

Allie- Congrats on your boy!! Thats wonderful and nice to know the population is staying balanced! Sorry about your spotting -I was told brown is fine as its old blood. Good chance the scan pressure dislodged it. It is horrible to see and puts a worry in your mind ( you can imagine how scary gushing fresh blood is!!) But Im confident that its old blood from before the scan so you've no need to worry.

Good luck with the move! We're moving again at the beginning of August-It will be the second time this preganncy and third time in 8 months!! ( All because of water damage to our house!) Moves are tough - mentally and physically so you make sure you take it easy- lots of breaks and cake treats!

Im of to meet a girlfriend for brekky this monring- although will be my second brekky as was so hungry and not meeting til 11am so just had some cereal!

S xx

Congratulations to Melissa & Bumphope on joining me on team pink - I also had the cord in the way on my scan and had to go to the toilet to try and get her moving. The cord was till in the way but he said that he was 99% sure its a girl, again I think to cover his back. My scan looked a lot like yours with the three lines and very different from the scans I had with the boys so I am sure yours is a girl. Unfortunately I did not get a picture from my scan but I have my 20 week scan on the 13th July and although they do not tell gender at the hospital, i hope to get a nice sonographer that might just clarify mine for me.

Allie - Also big congrats on Team Blue - Boys are great and a lots of fun. Sorry to hear about your spotting after but I'm sure as everyone else has said its just a reaction from the scan & will settle down if it hasn't already.

I have been shopping for my first baby bits - I bought some pink sleepsuits, a little t-shirt with 'Mummy's little Angel' on it and a lovely dress aged 3-6 months I couldn't resist it. Such fun being in the girls section for a change. I also got a great deal on MAM bottles from Tk-Maxx. 23 bottle set - (Self sterlilising which I have found a god send in the past). All for £16 (sorry not sure what that would convert to in Dollars) reduced from £45. Have not used MAM bottles before but have read good things about them, was always an Avent fan.) Funny how things seem so new even after 3 babies but I guess 5 years have past!!

Have a lovely breakfast Sarah (well by now you are probably eating dinner lol). I thought of you yesterday with the move! I felt so strange not being able to do anything. Now we have a bunch of boxes at our new place that I can't move to unpack! It's a beautiful holiday weekend here (Fourth of July) and I'm spending it inside which is a bummer. It will be worth it, though. I'm sure you are looking forward to finally having the moving done next month!

Cherry, glad you are enjoying shopping as well. :)

I agree with Cherry that the boy scans look so different! When I get a chance to upload his pictures, you will see that the boy parts look very different from your scans.

We were driving today and I looked over at DH and I said "I have a penis inside me." It took him a second and he looked at me like I was crazy but then he got it LOL.

Spotting has stopped since that one episode, thank goodness, but I'm still praying every time I pull down my pants. I am relaxing now more now though and it's sinking in I'm having a little boy. :)

Thanks everyone. Things have calmed down now - I had spotting at 10 weeks (put on a week of bed rest) and then a bright red gushing bleed at 15wks which meant calling an ambulance and staying in hospital for a couple of days. Awful. But once it became brown spotting (rather than a red bleed) they were much more relaxed and sent me home - it continued for 6 days but the scan showed that everything was fine so really don't worry Allie.

Next scan in a week when can ask the doc to take another look and confirm it's a boy and a girl....!

Robyn, So pleased to hear that you are doing better now. It sounds like you had a very similar experience to me. I had two horrible episodes of gushing blood and rushed to hospital. I was told I had a subchoronic hematoma. Apparently they occur in 1% of pregnancies. It's basically a blood clot near the placenta. Do you know if this is what you had? Pregnancy is scary enough without gushing blood...I couldnt believe it when i was told baby was ok!

Big hugs

xx

Congrats Bumphope and Allie! How exciting! I was anxious to get back home from camping to see what you were having. Allie- I can't wait to see pics.

I got a little carried away this weekend with shopping. A lot of the stores are clearancing out their summer clothes so I went and bought a bunch of 6 and 9 month summer outfits. I just couldn't resist.

Welcome back Robyn. I am glad things are better. And congrats on the twins!

Hope all you girls over the water had a good 4th July!

S xx

Our 4th of July started out lovely but ended up a bust because they cancelled the big fireworks celebration due to to a severe thunderstorm and tornado warning.

Oh, and our neighbors were lighting off fireworks right in front of our window and at one point it was so loud it hurt my ears!! Hopefully it didn't scare my son in there, what with the tornado sirens, severe thunderstorm and fireworks. Oh well. I hope everyone had a good weekend!!

I'm feeling pretty good. I've been getting more stretching pains/dull AF style ache in my uterus this weekend. I googled it and it appears our babies are going through a major growth spurt at the moment.

Here are some scan pics of my litte guy. :)

Attachments

• Image09.jpg
    Image09.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Image02.jpg
    Image02.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Image13.jpg
    Image13.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Image18.jpg
    Image18.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
Allie- amazing scans! We dont get 4d scans over here without paying to go private.

I've been getting really uncomfortable pains across my bump today- like it feel really heavy and really tight. Is that how youve felt?
X

Hi everyone!

Urrrgghh! I'm so tired and my bump is definitely growing! 3 days til my scan! Sooo excited, but have to get through my daughter's 5th birthday first! It's tomorrow!

Aw Allie he is a doll! So happy for you!! Sparkle.. you lucky dog, I still have 8 days!
Here is my 19 week bump. I sure hope it slows down, at this rate I will look like the octomom by November! lol

Attachments

• 19weeks.jpg
    19weeks.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 12
Allie - Great pics. We do not get 3D/4D unless we pay for them.

Sparkle - Happy birthday to your daughter. At least you have something distracting you till Friday! I am trying to distract myself but it isn't working so well! Get here soon Monday!!

Lucky - great bump. I am feeling like that lately that I am going to get v. huge. My bump seems to be growing like nobody's business and I am suspecting if they tell me that there are two in there hehe!

Thanks for the nice words about baby boy's scan pics. :) I guess I never asked if my insurance paid for the 4D scan. :shrug: She just started doing it....I'm assuming it has some sort of diagnostic value?

Happy Birthday to your daughter Sparkle!

Lucky that's a lovely bump! Are you in pregnancy jeans in that pic? If so, impressive!

I went on another maternity clothes shopping spree at Old Navy today. A lot of summer stuff on clearance....but then I felt guilty I wasn't buying clothes for the baby, so I nipped over to that section and it's all summer clothing. I am trying to look for winter baby clothing but it's not out anywhere yet. I'm also wondering if I should buy him a lot of clothes or expect a lot from the shower...I don't want to be presumptious but it seems most people get a lot of clothing at showers. So much to to think about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->