November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Thanks for the birthday wishes to my gorgeous daughter!! She got showered in presents and cake, so overall a very happy 5 year old! In other news, bump has been moving non stop all day. it's 10pm now and i'm finally getting some rest! Lucky your bump is ridiculously perfect! 2 days to go until my scan!!!

Hi girls,

Lucky - fab bump! Are you a similar size in this pregnancy as you were at 20 weeks last time?

We don't really do baby showers in UK. Such a bummer but I'd feel very cheeky having one when none of my friends have ever had them!

I'm feeling a bit nervous. Got my 20 week scan tomorrow. Do all the final baby tests and also will see if my horrid clots gone. Not sure uf same in US but if everything looks fine on 20 week scan it tends to be your last one. 20 weeks feels like a long time to go with no scan.

Xx

X

Ps- I still can't tell if I've felt baby move.. Can everyone else tell? I don't know if its wind, digestion or baby.

Sparkle - Glad your daughter had a good time. The best part about birthdays are the presents :)!

Allie - I have heard that people get a lot of clothes for the shower too. In past for my friends showers, I have always purchased something from the registry and something that wasn't on the registry like clothes. I also tend to buy a larger size because I know a lot of people give a ton of newborn stuff. I think I am going to buy some clothes here and there but not do full on shopping until after the shower.

Sarah - I can definitely tell that it is the baby. I doesn't feel like gas anymore but I feel for sure it is the baby. I think you will start to feel him/her for sure soon. Only after I joined BnB I learned that UK doesn't do baby showers. Such a bummer! They are so much fun :)! I think you guys should start a trend. Do you buy everything yourself or do you get gifts withOUT the shower? My shower is currently scheduled to be the weekend of 22/23 (need to pick a day). My sister and her family is flying down and my best friend and my sister are throwing the shower. In Indian culture they do a very "traditional" shower where everyone comes and blesses you and the baby! We will have that shower and then it will be followed with an American style shower. I am looking forward to it. My parents already sent me my shower saree and jewelry and I am going to have a hard time staring at the stuff and not wearing them :)!

Thanks so much for your kind compliments girls :) Sparkle so happy to hear the birthday went well! Sarah I can see the kicks and feel the kicks on the outside now, I took a video the other day - I will try and upload it to youtube then share the link. Im wondering if its because I carry so outward? I feel full on kicks now and others can feel them on me too. Im loving it. You will feel definite kicks very soon. My sister has had 4 girls, she said she couldnt feel either of them until at least 20 weeks. My doc said some people have little to no nerve endings in their uterus and they cant feel it until the baby is big enough to make a substantial kick

Oh Allie, I was wearing non pregnancy capris, I just leave them unbuttoned.. they arent my normal size, my sister gave me a bunch of larger clothes.. They are so much cuter than maternity, but lord knows I have tons of those to grow into! lol

Hi Girls,

Well I had my 20 week scan today. I was really nervous. Id called up earlier and been told I needed a partially full bladder, but then when I got there I was told to empty it!

Baby was gorgeous! Wriggling away which caused her a few problem to take measureents but she managed it and all was look good! We had to divert our eyes when she scanned below the babies waist so we didnt see the babies sex. So tempting to sneek a look... although i cant tell the head from the hand with baby scans so i wouldnt have had a clue had I seen!

My placenta was low lying at 17 weeks but has not raised up which is great. She went to look at the clot and to start with she said she oculdnt see it so I got very excited. She then said ' oh well maybe its this here' and measured something 3cm x 2cm. But she sais she cant tell whether it my horrid clot or part of the placenta. So now im stuck and confused. I dont tknow if these means I can go back to gentle exercise and swimming or if I still need to be really careful. I dont want to take any chances but I dont want to sit on my butt for 4 months if i dont have to...

Hugs
Sxx

Sarah.. Im so happy you got to take another look, thats awesome. If I were you I would just take it easy.. I know 4 months of relaxing is a long time for someone who is generally active.. but if you think, 4 months is not a very long time if it means you and baby are safe. Maybe just a daily walk will do?
One more week for me til we find out.. Im so excited..
Im so upset to hear Casey Anthony will be released next wednesday ... ugh. I cant believe she got away with it. Her little girl was beautiful.. someone should be held responsible for her death :( ... Ive consumed way too much of my time watching the trial and the outcome, now my heart is heavy..wish I could shake it.

Congrats on your scan Sarah!!! I wouldn't think too much about what the tech said...I'm assuming a radiologist is going to read the u/s as well? I asked about mine and was told it would be read twice by radiologists for a final report. I'm sure someone will let you know if it's the hematoma or not. Maybe you can call and ask just to peace of mind? 3 x 2 cms is very small, no? I was told I have a uterine fibroid near my placenta (just a random bit of tissue I think) thats 2 x 1 cm. I asked if it would grow and they said maybe, and I asked if it would affect the baby and they said overwhelmingly likely it won't (about the same chance as me getting struck by lightening he said). Apparently 75% of women have them....so who knows, maybe that's what she saw?? In any case it seems pretty small...

Well done looking away at the gender! I don't know where you get your willpower haha. Very impressive.

Lucky, I know, it's a really shocking case. She'll be out next week! :growlmad: She was trying to look all sexy in the courtroom this morning...she is crazy.

AFM I'm starting to wonder if my belly button is going to pop out? It's starting to hurt right behind my belly button....

Oh, and I really wouldn't worry about movement at this point at all. Lucky and Sparkle I think feel it more because this is their 2nd. I still only feel him sporadicly, a few wiggles in the evening mostly. Sometimes during the day if I'm lucky. :)

Allie,
It was a busy day and I logged on just now to ask if anyone's bellybutton is hurting like its gonna explode. I woke up today and as I was getting ready, I had to sit down for a few minutes because my belly button was hurting so much. It has been doing that off and on all day. I Googled and apparenlty its pretty common and some women reported it hurting through out from now on. What JOY!

Sarah - You have a strong willpower. I cannot wait to find out on Monday.

Sparkle - What time is your appointment tomorrow?

It's at 9.30..... One hour to go. Kind of nervous, really hoping everything goes well ...

Good Luck Sparkle! Im sure it will go well. Cant wait to hear what you're having

Allie- The scan wont be ready by anyone else. Over here the person who scans also writes up the report. Her report is then going to my consultant who I am seeing on Tuesday. But all the consulatant will have to go on is a sheet of paper saying - not usre if clot or not! So they will be non the wiser. And without soundinga cynic probably wont care! Im imaginging they'll tell me to stay taking it easy as they're watching their own professional backs...If that happens im going to push for another scan but not sure if i'll get one as they'll probably say no unless im bleeding!

Urrghhh!! We are team :yellow: !! :rofl: baby had it's legs crossed for the entire scan!! She said most likely a girl but can't say for sure!!! Otherwise perfect and healthy! :)

Oh Sparkle!!! How frustrating! And you were so exciting? Are you going to try get another scan? Guess you'd have to go private?

Fantastic news baby is healthy!

Sxx

No more scans for me :( just feel like I'm meant to wait it out now.. But yes very excited it's healthy!

Sparkle...awww.! Are you going to get another scan? I cannot imagine what I would do if my baby did that. I would probably pay for that 3D scan at 28 weeks but how could I wait EIGHT more weeks?! May be I should take some caffeine soda with me to drink in the middle?

Sparkle!!! UUUUGH!! So happy to hear healthy.. but team YELLOW!? Dang! My doc rechecked me 3 times with my last pregnancy because he couldnt be sure til the 3rd scan.. I wish other docs were as generous. Who's next to find out?

Congrats on a healthy baby Sparkle!!!!

Can't believe you're still team yellow!!! Ahhhhhh! I was so curious to find out so I can't even imagine how you felt. Glad you're taking it well. Did she say how sure she was it was a girl? Either way, what matters is he/she is healthy. :happydance:

Bring on Monday, Desi!!!

Sarah, that's really a shame. Maybe let your consultant know how concerned you are? They should listen to you and offer you another scan for your peace of mind. Like I said it does sound small, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->