November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Urrrghh....have hayfever :( It's driving me nuts!!

Had a bit of a scare, walked bang into something yesterday and bumped the bump! Ran straight to the doctor who heard the heartbeat immediately, thank god! Baba is fine just sleeping!

@Desi, how annoying having to wait, i'd go nuts!

@Bumphope, welcome back! No private scans for me, just gonna wait it out :coffee:

Lucky shop away! I would if i knew what on earth to buy!!

Sarah - Yes, same store! That is funny. I saw that you/Sparkle mentioned TKMaxx and I wondered if it was a typo! I like TJMaxx but I have to drive 60 miles for one :( sadly!

I have lived in both the UK and USA and yes, TJMaxx and TKMaxx are the same store. I've always thought the letter difference was kind of funny!

Sparkle, sorry you bumped your bump! I was told by my midwife when I asked about bumping into things and having our dog step on my bump that it is "like a bombshelter in there."

I agree, let's do some more bump pics! Here is my 20 week one from Friday. My "halfway" bump pic.

Attachments

• bump20weeks.jpg
    bump20weeks.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 12
Great bump, Allie! I like your pink jewelry stand too :)! DH took my bump pics this morning, will upload tonight!

Thanks girls! And thanks Desi....though I haven't actually unpacked my jewelery yet. :haha: Thinking of you for today!! Ahhhh, so exciting!!! Are you hoping for pink or blue, I can't remember? I'm going to guess you're joining me on team :blue:

I am secretly & selfishly hoping for Pink so I can sew some things for the LO but I will NOT be disappointed either way :)! It is just so hard to sew for little boys :p! DH was telling me that I might just sew stuff anyways even if it is a boy because he won't be able to tell me NO for at least a few years haha! I promised that I won't make a dress for him haha!

I just wouldn't know what to do with a boy. I grew up with 2 sisters and and no brothers :D! I have a STRONG feeling its going to be :blue: because that is what my instinct has been telling me all along - major boy dreams etc. My appt got pushed back 15 min, I really really hope they keep it! It is at 3:45 CST and I have a sewing class right after so I will have to do a quick one word post to update you all :)!

Good luck today, Desi!! They sure are trying to torture you by pushing back the appointment every chance they get! :wacko: I thought of you the other day when my cousin gave me a cute indian dress for baby, since you had mentioned earlier that you have a bunch of indian clothes for a girl. I don't think we have any weddings or events next year where she can wear it, but I don't care...I will dress her up in it when it fits her and take pics even if we aren't going anywhere. :haha:

Allie - cute bump! You look great!

While I was on vaca, three of my girlfriends recommended Amazon Mom to me so just thought I would pass on the info in case any one is interested. It's free to sign up and you get 15 - 30% off on diapers/wipes and free two day shipping. I haven't looked into it yet, but I love a good deal so I will definitely be signing up! :)

Aw Allie! You are so cute :)
Go Desi Go.. thinking pink :) But you know what? If its a boy you could make him some really cool blankets. Blankets are my favorite baby items.. I already have too many from Macy.. so if its a girl I probably cant go too crazy on buying anymore.. but if its a boy I can :) I wish I could sew!!
So I used to work with a girl at the local coffee shop here.. she is young, probably 22.. and Ive remained friends with her over the years.. I went to get a coffee this morning and she says guess what? Im pregnant! I was like OMG! Awesome Congrats, when are you due? She says OCTOBER! Im like UM WHAT!? Yeah, she just found out TWO WEEKS AGO.. wth!!!? Could you imagine not knowing until 20 weeks? ahhh!! lol

@ Desi...GOOD LUCK!!! thinking team :pink: for some reason , but who knows!!

@Lucky, can't believe your friend didn't find out til 20 weeks! That's nuts! I'd love that!

School sports day today was fun, just sat on the bank and ate my weight in sandwiches!

Good Luck today Desi.. My guess is team blue but only because parr Allie its all be girls. Im jealous you can sew. id love to be creative.

Cute bump Allie. I will get one uploaded this week also.

Lucky - a friend of mine found out at 5 months and shes so skinny. A UK 6 which i think is a 2 in US? I just cant believe her belly didnt grow. She ended up going to the doctors with IBS and was told she was pregnant.

I saw the consultant today. They're giving me another scan at 28 weeks to check on the clot but she said that shes not worried about it. And I can start swimming again! Yay! Been dying to do some exercise. Cant do yoga or pilates but least i can swim.

Do you girls get more scans after 20 weeks? Over here unless theres a problem you just get one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks.

Sxx

woah ladies..don't get too carried away with my sewing skills. I can sew a straight line and out of patterns but whenever I make my own patterns, it turns out rubbish. Also the baby is not going to know if something is good or not so I plan to just sew until it voices its opinions :D! I made a changing pad thingie already but realized after I finished that Nylon doesn't keep off the moisture heeh! Well, you live and learn. I am attending a couple of classes though to learn some stuff.

Lucky/Sarah - I cannot believe she didn't know for more than 5 months. That is friggin' crazy. I would go nuts. MY GOD! Cannot imagine that!

Sarah - I am so happy for your scan. In my dr. office this is the last scan the 20 w one unless they see some issues and they will scan you again. But if all is well, you just get to meet the baby in person unless we decide to do a out of pocket 3D scan.

2 more hours until I leave office! I am getting nervous like I am going to take a test or something....

Desi, what time zone are you in? I always think Im behind most people with being in Mountain Time.. so I expected results already.. HAHA. Im impatient! :)

Ok Im an hour behind you is all.. Yay, are you going to do anything to make baby move a lot? or no? just leave it? I think I drank something sweet before with my first daughter, but I cant remember for sure.. I wouldnt want the baby to move too much, but at the same time you dont want him or her sleeping and not willing to budge!?? Either way, my fingers are crossed that you get to find out a definite pink or blue :)

Ahh! Time goes by soooo slowly when waiting. Tick tock...tick tock....I wanna know what Desi's having!

OMG I can't believe those people didn't find out until 5 months. I would have loved that haha. Considering how much I have worried about this little one during the past 5 months!

Our last scan is 20 weeks unless something happens to warrant another one.

Sarah, happy your consultant appt went well. Enjoy swimming! I could go for a swim right about now.

Ok Im an hour behind you is all.. Yay, are you going to do anything to make baby move a lot? or no? just leave it? I think I drank something sweet before with my first daughter, but I cant remember for sure.. I wouldnt want the baby to move too much, but at the same time you dont want him or her sleeping and not willing to budge!?? Either way, my fingers are crossed that you get to find out a definite pink or blue :)

I ended up having an OJ and a pastry before the scan, so lots of sugar. Baby was moving around a lot and sometimes it was hard for her to get measurements...I think that's why it took an hour! I also had to do things like turn onto either side so she could get a good look at his organs like his bladder and kidneys.

Allie - Ahh swimming! We have been on excessive heat warnings for days now. It is a cool 97 degrees outside. It was over 105 yesterday and the weekend.

Lucky, As of now, I am planning on not doing anything. May be I will drink some OJ? But that is about it? I am hoping they will make the baby move either way!! They didn't ask me to do anything specific but I will NOT be a happy camper if the baby does not cooperate and show its goods.

I had to take a look at the cantaloupes in the store yesterday.. Im thinking they are a bit bigger than this baby in my belly, Ive never seen a 10 oz cantaloupe before..

I forgot to tell you girls, I almost died in the grocery store yesterday!! It was just my 2 1/2 year old and I and she talks and understands things really really well.. so I was looking at panty liners (thanks to that awesome pregnancy symptom) and I grab a box and go to put it in the cart and my daughter says "Thats for your privates mom!?" I completely ignored her hoping she wouldnt say anything else.. so she decided I must not have heard her and said in a very loud, excited voice "ARE THOSE FOR YOUR PANTIES SO YOU DONT GET GROSS STUFF ON YOUR PRIVATES!!"
omg. I almost fainted, as there was about 4 other people in the same isle..
Kids, say the darnedest things huh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->