November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

UGH I just wrote out the longest reply and it got deleted!!!

In summary....

My blood sugars have been lower too! I have beein averaging 70 for fasting and the 90s post meals, regardless of what I eat. Even when I cheat I'm in the 110s....I asked my doc and she didn't give an explanation but said it was a good thing. I'm glad your bod is doing the same thing!

Yes, the doc I saw Friday doesn't induce GD patients before 39 weeks so she must err on the side of caution as well. I would probably be willing to do an amnio...honestly, I'm more afraid of the complications for Alistair and I from pre-e, if I got it, than I am of him being one or two weeks premature. If I do get pre-e I think they will induce sooner rather than later. Hopefully it stays away!

I have hubby here to help this weekend but he goes back to work tomorrow. :( I'm aloud to lounge on the couch, and can get up to go to the bathroom, get food, or bathe. Yesterday I cheated a bit and had hubby drive me to CVS to check my BP and buy an at home BP gauge and I felt like crap! So I'm going to be stricter today...

I actually am just home from labor and delivery. The BP gauge we bought was giving me crazy high readings, like around 140/107 all the time! I called up L&D and they had me come in, and their BP readings were over 15 pts lower than my machine was when we compared them together. :dohh: Needless to say, I'm returning it! Well, having hubby return it. Also had an NST and it took Alistair awhile to get active (which of course worried me) but in the end he passed.

The nurse told me the average mom comes in to L&D 3 times before she goes into labor.

Hello ladies,
Been away for too long again! So much has happened. And I cannot believe we are already at that false labor stage!! Allie - How is bed rest going? Hope you are doing something to occupy yourself.

I had my office babyshower and the Indian one couple of weeks ago. Got a bunch of stuff. I need to now organize/wash everything!!! Both showers went really great. We did have a scare right before the weekend Indian shower though. I was at the Grocery store after work (the same day as my office shower) and I started feeling this INTENSE lower back pain and I also got the feeling that I was leaking something. Thank Goodness DH was with me. I just had to hold on to the cart and him and made it into the restroom and when I wiped I felt water like thing. I thought may be I was leaking amniotic fluid. I was just SO SCARED. I called the on call dr. at the practice and he said to go into the hospital for a labor check. I went in, they hooked me up and told me I was contracting which scared us even more! We were SO NOT READY to have the baby at 34 weeks. They then kept me for longer and eventually my contractions and the lower back pain went away. They then sent me home. Since then I have been getting some painful/some not painful contractions. I really don't know if that is causing any dilation but I really would like for this baby to not come out until at least 39 weeks. Then last Thursday I felt the baby drop and I think she is in my lower pelvis now. I feel that she is ready to come out any minute. The lower pelvic pain is killing me though. Sitting/standing/walking/sleeping have been extremely uncomfortable. I feel like her head is 'stabbing' me if that makes any sense. I am willing to go through the pain..I just don't her out anytime soon!! I have a dr. appt tomorrow and I have a BUNCH of questions for the dr. So much has happened since she last saw me, it feels like!!

My hospital bag is kind of sort of packed..except for nursing bras/camis/nighties I feel like I will need everything else so I haven't put them in. What is everyone wearing for going home outfits? I have heard something not constrictive but its going to be cold here so I will need to wear pants..I was thinking my maternity jeans....yoga pants/sweats seem too causual....

I got baby laundry detergent today so I am going to do baby laundry tonight and I can pack her bag...what is everyone taking for the baby to the hospital?

[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/myal.jpg/][IMG]https://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8360/myal.jpg[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Here she is ladies! We've changed the spelling of her name so now she is :

Mya Jasmine .....and she is everything i could have ever wanted!

When you have some time, I would be interested in hearing how the induction went since I may need one too if baby doesn't come on his own. :)

The induction was fantastic. The uncomfortable part was having my waters break. They told me that the drip causes really constant and quite severe contractions and can take hours so that was why i chose to have the epidural which i personally would recommend. I felt calm and it was actually 8-10 hours before i was ready to push and i was having 4 contractions every 8 minutes by that time. They monitored my blood pressure every 10 minutes and they put a catheter in because i couldn't tell when i needed to pee because of the epidural. You can feel when the head is coming down and you know when you need to push so the midwife should guide you as normal from then...

It's our month, ladies!!

Sarah - feeling any better?
Allie - are you keeping occupied on bedrest?
Desi - I get intense stabbing pains as well very low on my bump. Some days baby's movements put me in agony all day. But I'd rather let him cook in there until closer to my due date too.

I don't know why I even bother trying to sleep at night any more. It is almost 3:30am here and I've had less than an hour of sleep so far. Ugh. I'm sure tomorrow will be another day of feeling like a zombie.

Sparkle- she is gorgeous! So adorable! Awwwww! Youust be so proud and happy.

I'm having a really crap time at mo. My inlaws have been with us a week and I'm struggling so much. They are constantly there and im not able to relax at all. I broke down crying on the midwife on Friday and have pretty much been in tears since!

Was topped off at the weekend when my father in law put the border up in the nursery for us. We told him so many times where it's to go and how we want it. But without telling us he decided it should go lower down and just did what he wanted. I was so upset & in tears. I now don't know what to do... Either leave it try & forget it or pull it down, re paint, buy a new one and put it where I want it. I just don't know. I'm just so upset and angry. He's not even apologized....

Aww! Thanks Sarah :friends: I'm so sorry ur in law put your border up wrong. How bloody frustrating. And especially to not apologise, that would send me nuts. I would take it down and make a point of putting it where u want it. After all it may be silly to th but getting things just the way you want them is really important at this time on ur pg. You're going to be feeling fragile and a tad hormonal anyway so for them to add to that is such a pain. Anyway here's a a huge hug from me :hugs: keep ur head up! :)

Aw Sarah, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with the in-laws. My MIL is coming at the end of next week and to be honest, the closer it gets, the more worried I get that she is going to drive me nuts. She is super helpful but at the same time very opinionated, and I'm just so sick of everyone's unsolicited advice! I'm sure to snap at her eventually. And plus like you said, it can be hard to relax when they are around "watching you" every moment! I would really be upset as well about the border. What does your hubby think about the border situation? You were in tears and FIL didn't even apologize?! :growlmad: If it is going to bother you every time you look at it, I would say just redo it. And hopefully DH can explain to them that they need to listen to what you guys want in your own home!!
:hugs:

Thanks girls. It's really so awful. We've paid for them to go to the theatre tonight just so we can have a night on our own. Unless I'm in my bedroom I don't get a second on my own.

I really don't know what to do about the border- it is a huge job moving it as will have to repaint, buy another etc & my husband will end up doing it & he's enough on. But seeing it where it is makes me so angry at my father in law! It's only 2 inches lower than I won't but it's upset me so much!! I'll post a pic when I get home!

That's right, it's our month! We're going to have our babies this month! Ahhh!

Oh Sparkle she is gorgeous!!!! I'm so happy the induction went smoothly for you! :hugs: Are you and Mya home from the hospital yet?

Desi, sounds like quite a scare but I'm glad you and LO are doing well and she's staying put. :) Is it possible you're off on your dates at all?

Baby staying put is something I've been doing soooo much reading and asking about, as I'm looking at probable induction for blood pressure and gestational diabetes. Anyways, I agree 39 weeks is best for sure, but from what I've read and what my doc said to me today, if you go into labor on your own after 37 weeks it means baby is ready to come out. The statistics about 37 and 38 weeks being too early is only in cases when you are 'forcing' baby out by induction. (And of course, in cases like Sparkles and mine where we have medical things influencing induction, the risks outweight the benefits) But I hope it's reassuring to you that once you hit 37 weeks, if your baby decides to come on her own, she's ready.

Bumphope, sorry you're having trouble sleeping! I notice I get more BH in the middle of the night, and baby sits in uncomfy positions while I sleep, and I have to pee a bunch, etc and all in all it's not the best night's sleep. I feel ya. Have you tried a warm bath before bed? It seems to help me! And having the room a little cooler than normal (poor hubby is cold haha).

Sarah, I'm sorry about the in-law woes! Sounds frustrating, and definitely not a good combo with pregnancy hormones! Hang in there. We're always here if you need to vent! :hugs:

Oh, I meant to update about my appt. It went well but my BP is still high at 130/92. I'm being monitored carefully the next weeks, and am maybe looking at induction next week at 38 weeks if anything gets worse. So far, so good though on all of my labs!

My biophysical went well but I learned that Alistair is now back to back! His movements hurt much more when he's back to back like he is right now, as well. I just hope he turns around before I go into labor or am induced, though.

I had a few days of spotting after my exam/group b strep test last week and today I mentioned it to the doc and she said it sounds like my bloody show starting.

It's crazy how close we're getting!

Hope everyone is well.

Hi Girls!! OH MY WORD SPARKLE!! MYA IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! Those cheeks!!? TO DIE FOR! LOVE HER! :)

Im so excited that its NOVEMBER!! AHHH! This is it ladies! :)
11/anything/11 .. is um an awesome bday!!
I know some of you dont put the date like that, but you get what Im saying. :)
I would love love love 11/11/11 .. how cool would that be?
Ive been so tired the past few days.. I mean, not even coffee gets me going.. all I can think about is sleeping!! what the heck?
Right now I have a sharp pain in my left side.. its been there for about an hour, I dont know what its from?

Allie - I do keep the room cold at night...open window and fan blowing on me. :D Like you said though, getting up to go to the bathroom 4+ times a night is not exactly conducive to getting a good night's sleep. I think the main problem though is that once I get up, my mind starts racing and I'm just thinking about everything. I STILL have not packed my hospital bags. Eeeks! There is just so much that I will need to pack last minute. Also, my baby tends to move his body from the left to right side a lot (head down either way) and so I'm sure yours could still get out of the back to back position before birth or even during early labor. Glad to hear your labs are coming back good! And can't believe you might already be having your bloody show!!

Oh yes, and for Halloween.. my OH and I were Juno and Paulie Bleeker from the movie Juno.. it was fun,

Attachments

• juno2.jpg
    juno2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7
  • juno.jpg
    juno.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics