November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

BumpHope, I sleep with the window open and a fan on as well!

Lucky, great costumes! I even had hubby come over and have a look. Awesome idea. We dressed our dog up but didn't have costumes ourselves this year. Next year will be really fun with a baby!! Could the sharp pain be baby kicking you? I find my LO kicks near my belly button and it hurts me.

Cute costume Lucky! You look good! May be we all should do our belly shots? May be the last one hehe!

I am jealous that you guys get to open your windows! It is officially cold and nasty here. They are predicting snow tonight and we have this nasty cold wind and rain today. Makes me want to curl up and watch t.v. but alas I am at work. I had my appt yesterday and the dr. checked my cervix. She said it wasn't dilated and she could feel the baby's head. When she examined me from the outside she couldn't locate for about 20 seconds where the head was and I was a bit concerned but when she checked me vaginally she said she is pretty sure the head is down and where it needs to be!

I have been feeling some high abdomen pain today all day and the last couple of days the baby hasn't moved as much as she did couple days ago. She was just kicking up a storm couple days ago and now nothing....only when I poke her, she seems to wake up. Not sure if I should be concerned about that or not?! Wonder which one of us will go next??!

Not to scare anyone but I have an induction story to share. One of my friends was due Oct 25 and yesterday they asked her to come to the hospital for induction. They went in and they gave her pitocin and apparently her contractions didn't start at all and they sent her home late afternoon to wait it out!! Ouch! How hard is that? To think you are gonna have a baby that day and to come home empty handed! I had never heard that Pitocin didn't work. I was talking to someone else and they said that sometimes they have to give you a cervical ripening agent prior to pitocin so that it can kick start labor! Now I feel like there is so much I do not know! Makes me feel a bit unprepared!!

I had another dr's appointment today. She had the official growth scan results and said baby's weight is great as is his head to belly ratio (which is important for GD babies as their bellies can get over grown if the sugar is not controlled enough). And she is really pleased with my sugar and amniotic fluid levels. So I asked her about whether or not we would schedule an induction on my due date now just in case he doesn't come on his own. Originally when I was diagnosed with GD she said she wouldn't let me go past my due date of the 25th. But now that I'm doing so well she said she would let me go a bit past my due date if my cervix is not ready for the induction. As Desi mentioned, it can turn into a several day induction if the cervix is not ready and needs to be ripened. And even then it can fail. She wants to see at least a 1-2 cm dilation and 50% effacement of the cervix...more likely that the induction will be successful. I'm pretty happy about her letting me go past my due date, which I know is ahead of my conception due date by 5-6 days anyways, because I really do not want a lengthy induction. We'll see how my cervix is doing starting week 38 but I'm grateful for the flexibility of not having to give birth by the 25th if things are not optimal. :happydance:
Of course in a perfect world though, baby will just come on his own towards the end. :winkwink:

BumpHope, That is really good news that you will be allowed to go past the due date. You did a good job (actually all of you who have GD) controlling the GD. You should be proud!

At my work, they started a baby pool for me on when she is going to come. They put four weeks worth of dates/times out and it all starts next week. EVERYONE in the office seems to really eager to WIN! They come and ask me how I am feeling etc :D!

Even though everyone around me seems to indicate that she will come soon because she has dropped a couple weeks ago, I think she is going to stay put until her due week. I think she will come sometime between 25-28. I did notice that the entire week/time slots has been filled out on the pool sheet. BUT if she wants to win all the pool money to herself, she should come after Dec 3 since that is when the chart ends haha!!
Desi - what is your guess on when baby will come?? :)

Sorry I've not been writing in here, I've been so self engrossed with my blood pressure troubles. They found protein in my 24 urine so I have been diagnosed with preeclampsia and they're just taking it appt by appt now...last seen Friday, go back Tuesday, hopefully to be induced! I'm very stressed.

BumpHope, that's great news about baby and going past the due date! Do you know if you are dialated or effaced at all? I know I was 1 cm two weeks ago but she didn't mention effacement.

Desi, that's really cute about the office pool! Do you want to go that long so you can win or are you hoping to deliver sooner?

How is everyone feeling?

Allie - I don't know if I'm dilated or effaced. I won't start getting checked until after this week's appointment...so around 38 weeks, unless there's an issue prior to that or unless I request to be checked for whatever reason. I'm kinda glad about that though because frankly I just don't want anyone poking around up there right now...sounds so uncomfortable! :haha: I know you said you bled a bit afterwards, but did it hurt as well??

Baby's movements have gotten so painful on the bottom of my bump. Sharp knife-like pains when he's really going at it...ugh. Makes me moan in pain and stop dead in my tracks. Dr. said this is normal for some and that it gets worse in subsequent pregnancies. :dohh: I've also been getting a crazy feeling here and there in my left leg for the past two days. Almost like my leg is going to detach from my hip and give out...if that makes any sense. :wacko:

Bumphope - I got checked at my last week's appt. I wasn't dilated at all. She didn't mention about effacement and I forgot to ask. I should ask this Tuesday. When they checked me at the hospital for dilation, it hurt SO BAD!!! I am not sure if I was really tense, or if my cervix was higher but it hurt like heck. The nurse did say afterward that I was very dry and my cervix was really high up. But when my dr. checked me on Tuesday I was uncomfortable but it definitely didn't hurt. I didn;t get a chance to ask her if that was because my cervix was may be lower or something..I am not sure. She was in such a rush at my last appt. she didn't even sit down!!

Allie, I saw the other thread you posted. I would say to just keep calling them and bugging them to see if they will induce sooner than they are saying. And it sounds like you are paying very close attention to your body so you should be ok there. Try to relax(I know its hard) and watch some good feel good movies......

Bumphope - No matter who wins, the baby gets half the money from the pool! The baby wins it all if she comes out at a time slot that no one has filled out :p!

Yep, that is what I thought! I have been in the same office for 6 years now and people have been extremely kind and generous with their gifts and thoughts. Makes me feel special, that is for sure.

The baby wins 1/2 no matter what?! What a great office pool! :)

How is everyone?! I think almost all of us are full term now! YAY!! I cannot believe how time has flew! It just feels like yesterday we found out we were expecting!!

Hi girls. Hope everyone feeling well.
Allie when you say induced on Tuesday do u mean tomorrow?

Are you girls still working? I finish on Wed and can't wait! I'm still having a stressful time with in laws. I feel like a guest in my own home. I get home from work, dinner cooked ( which sounds lovely but I have lost all control of my kitchen- what we eat, what's in the fridge. I walk in there & get asked what I'm looking for!). They're watching an sitcom on repeat and I just want to relax & put the tv on what I want to watch but I can't so have come up to my room! It's so tough. Try not to let it bother me but then I get angry that I've been put in thus position at having people stay at 38 weeks pregnant!! Sigh :(

They're going away for a few days tomorrow so that will help but back on weekend.

On the baby front I've not had an appt since 36 weeks but hopefully everything good. Baby must be pressing on my femoral nerve as I get really bad shooting nerve pain into my groin which means I can't walk much. So there's very little I can do to get out of house! Also I'm needing the loo constantly!

Can everyone else feel they've dropped? I think I still look high but bladder making me think baby must be some way down!!

Sx

Sarah - How long are the in-laws staying with you? I feel your pain...I feel the same way when the in-laws are staying with us...like they have taken over MY house. I also get asked what I'm looking for in the kitchen!! :haha: Luckily just my MIL is coming for the time being and FIL is not coming until closer to mid december. But I'm getting so anxious just anticipating the frustration. :wacko:
Hope you enjoy your respite from them!

I think I have dropped just because baby's movements are much lower down and I get pains in my nether regions now. However, my bump doesn't look much lower and I thought people can typically see their bump shift...?

At my doctor's appt yesterday I found out that the insane, disabilitating pain in my left leg is sciatica. Great! :dohh: Thank goodness it comes and goes otherwise I would be completely out of commission.

They're here for another 4 weeks! But have got trips planned for them. It's had me in tears as really want to be savoring & enjoying this time.

Sciatica - nasty. You doing gentle stretches of your hamstring? Ive done research into my groin nerve pain and think it's caused by round ligament pressing on nerve...

Xx

Hi everyone!!

I have my induction booked for Saturday night. :shock: I go in at 7 pm for the gel and then they will start the drip of pitocin Sunday morning. I can't believe it's happening! Myl blood pressure was still really high, but my labs and baby were okay today, so I'm grateful.

I had a membrane sweep today...I wonder if it will do anything? It REALLY hurt. I asked and I'm 1.5 cm, 50% effaced, and my cervix is in the middle. If you're going to get a sweep I recommend having someone's hand to squeeze. I put marks in hubby's hand with my nails!

I've also heard that it hurts the higher your cervix is.

I think you can be dropped without it showing much. I know baby is engaged but my bump still seems kind of high, or not much lower. We should post some 'final' bump pics! I took one today in case they kept me at the hospital and it was my last one.

Sarah, I'm so sorry about your in-laws! Sounds frustrating. I hope you enjoy the few days away. Can you maybe have hubby talk to them?

Desi, did you have an appt today as well? How did that go? It's funny your doc didn't even sit down...I am crazy and drag out my appts. Today mine was an hour! I'm scheduled for 15 minutes...ha. Oh well.

What exactly is a sweep?? I hear a lot of women talking here about them...I thought it was a UK thing. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->