November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Sarah did you delete your post? I read it and then went back to reply and it was gone. I would be feeling the exact same way as you, pregnancy hormones or not! Our husbands should be treating us like queens for the next month after everything we've done for what is their children as well. ;) Did you get it sorted with him?

Sarah did you delete your post? I read it and then went back to reply and it was gone. I would be feeling the exact same way as you, pregnancy hormones or not! Our husbands should be treating us like queens for the next month after everything we've done for what is their children as well. ;) Did you get it sorted with him?

My thoughts exactly! I can totally understand why you'd be upset. :hugs:

Hi allie. I went to change something on it abd when I pressed save it disappeared! I spoke to him again tonight and think it's resolved. He explained how he does want me out with them but conscious I'll not want to sit in a pub all night which is what he wants to do! Which is fair enough. Truth is I would love to spend the night drinking in the pub! But obviously thats not an option at the moment! I've kind if been having a freak out the past week as I feel so scared about becoming a Mum and then so guilty for thinking that as I want this baby more than anything.

But I feel like I've already lost my independence! Feel so uncomfortable that I can't do anything sociable. Go out for meals but feel so full half way through, go to the pub and feel like I look so out of place and uncomfortable! Just feel like I've list myself a bit. And then feel so worried I won't cope being a mum. And when Hubby can go out and carry on as normal I feel a bit resentful. I know when baby comes he'll be great as is do excited about it. He's kind if making the most of nights out now but I feel a bit fed up as I can't do that!!

I totally get what you're saying! I think all first time moms go through those emotions. At least according to my pregnancy book! :haha: I just can't imagine a bigger life change...there really probably isn't one! We're all young and independent and have been used to lives just as couples...it's going to be a big change. I have worries about being a good mom as well since I can be really clumsy, and well, blonde (thinking things like what if drop him on the stairs or accidently leave a pill on the floor and he eats it, etc). I also share the fears of losing my relationship with hubby/losing a bit of myself as well. I already do feel a bit of that...I'm definitely not the same person I was a year ago. After all, as pregnant women we are already moms and have been for 8 months! Our husbands have a different experience...it probably really hasn't hit home for them yet...but it will.

Thanks Allie. I feel so bad but thinking things like I just want a night out. I know I'm so so lucky to be 35 weeks pregnant and am so excited! I think it's exacerbated as I've been pregnant for a year now. I got pregnant this time last year but then had the m/c in feb and fell pregnant thankfully straight away! It just seems so long ago when I had a girly night! I probably wouldn't be bothered if I could have one it's just that I can't that it bothers me! Plus the in laws arrive on Monday so I feel like me and Hubby time has ended already as they're going to be here. Like u said it's so life changing and I'm jot good with change at the best of times! Even good change!

Hi guys:wave:

Got admitted to hospital. Been in for 2 days out tomorrow :( I've had to be on insulin for last couple of days and had two steroid injections.... They're inducing me on Monday! Ill keep u informed! :) xx

Sparkle!!! What happened?!! Why are you being induced? Something to do with GD I take it? I'm glad you're getting out tomorrow. :hugs:

Yeah my baby now weighs off the 97 th percentile!! They estimate it at 8 1/2 lbs!y blood sugar has been so high because of the steroid injections..... Just got it back to normal but I'm on the tablets til I give birth this coming week! They're inducing me because it's way too big for me already! And my sugar levels are not helping ! Sooo glad we went and bought the cot and changing unit and all those clothes and essentials a couple of weeks ago! And what's crazy is I just had my baby shower last weekend?!! We were going to have it this weekend! Boy, I'm real nervous! this time next week I'll be holding a baby?!!:happydance:

Wow Sparkle!! Nuts that you will have your baby in hand next week! Good luck with the induction. :hugs: Let us know how it goes when you have a spare second. :winkwink:

By the way, this is precisely why I'm freaking out lately about not having everything done for LO! I feel like he could come at any time now and I'm such a planner that it's driving me crazy not being ready. :wacko:

I can relate to the need to be getting ready...we must be nesting! It's almost midnight and I've just come out of the nursery, packing his diaper bag, picking out his clothing for the hospital, getting some laundry ready for him, etc.

Oh Sparkle, I'm so glad you got seen and you are being taken care of so well, before LO gets too big. Do you think you'll end up with a C-Section or do they think he'll still fit? 8 1/2 lbs is weight most women can have vaginally I imagine....and they could be off in their measurements! Is LO doing well other than being big? Is your amniotic fluid okay and is YOUR health okay with the late diagnosis? I'm so excited for you to be holding your LO in a week. :hugs: It sounds like you are as ready as you can be...it was really fortunate you had your shower earlier than planned.

Well, I'm being kept in until Monday when they will induce me as I've now started having contractions! Mild but frequent!?! They're hoping to deliver vaginally but obviously if there are any complications then they'll c section me :wacko: I'm ok in myself, my blood sugar has started to get steadier and generally I feel fine! Just a bit scared!

Oh Sparkle! I cant believe it! I read your message as 4am this morning as I couldnt sleep and was so shocked that I had to wake my husband to tell him!!

So is this because you have a big baby becasue of the steroid injections or could your dates be slighlty off? Why were you needing steroid injections again?

Oh im thinking of you! Cant believe you'll have your baby in the next week!
Big big hugs

Sxxx

Oh Sparkle hang in there! It can't be fun to spend so much time in a hospital room. :hugs: Even though the end result will be worth it.

Thanks ladies! @Sarah, the steroids are because baby is big but lungs need a bit of help when he/she comes out because they'll essentially be premature. I'll be exactly 36 weeks when I'm induced! It's a big baby because of the gestational diabetes. Can't wait til I can eat properly again and stop having to take my blood sugar every day! Never thought it'd work out this way!!

Sparkle, omg, how exciting that you're going to be induced on Monday! My goddaughter was born after induction at 36 weeks and was absolutely fine (no special care or anything needed) so hope your LO will be too!

Sarah - I had a bit of an identity crisis quite early on in the pregnancy, the whole thing of taking a break from work, becoming a mum, having a family rather than just being a couple, not being to jet off for a weekend away when we feel like it, and just generally losing control (i can't do so many things) really hit me hard. I obviously really wanted to be pregnant but I wasn't prepared for how much i'd miss my old, rather great, life. Sometimes these feelings do resurface, but my dr did help me see that I was tending to catastrophise (not saying you do, but i definitely do sometimes and then need to make a conscious effort not to), and there was a really good article in one of the preg magazines about how common it is to go through phases like that.

Yes, thinking of you Sparkle....tomorrow is the big day!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"