November Fireworks 2017

Emma what a cool predictor! It's definitely right for me!
An Asian woman does my mom's hair. I went with my mom a couple weeks back and immediately the stylist said "oh you're having a boy!" She said she could tell by my bump shape. I think it's so interesting!

I think it may be a bit of a OWT.
I had low bump with boy 1, high with boy 2 and this time its sometimes high and sometimes in the middle 😂
I think it must go on the all round or all bump shape for how your hand would fit in maybe!

I got excited about the Chinese gender calendar being correct last time but it's wrong this time 😂

Chinese gender predictor wrong for me on both occasions.
Holly Willoughbys thing is correct for me.
Anyone else finding it hard keeping their others occupied now schools out?
I'm wrecked all the time!
Here's my 23 week Bumpie
Hope you all are well :hugs:

Attachments

• 2017-07-25-17-02-40.jpg
    2017-07-25-17-02-40.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
LittleLala- LOVE the name Otis!!! I think that's adorable, seriously. I have an Oscar (he'll be 3 in a few weeks), and a Hannah (who is nearly 4 1/2)

Names, names....hmmm. If it's a girl, we are DEFINITELY naming her Margaret Ann. If it's a boy...well...my DH has been dubbed the designated boy-namer this time. We have a few we love together, and so far, he's either not sharing his decision, or he simply does not know. I'm willing to guess the latter. Anyway, for boys, we're loving Henry (Hank) James (which I'm iffy about, as we already have two "H" names...I'm Holly, and my daughter is Hannah), he's mentioned liking Charles or Charlie (which I'm kind of "meh" on), or my personal favorite, Cecil James (we'd refer to him as CJ) after my maternal grandfather. He's also mentioned William a few times, which has partially grown on me.

How is everyone doing on shopping/baby items?

I feel like we have the essentials out of the way...we have:

Newborn gender neutral clothes (not too many of them, but enough to get us through the earliest days)
Burp rags
Boppy pillow (I had to buy new one...I donated my old one, not thinking I'd ever have another baby, along with other stuff)
Chicco Travel System (LOVE IT!!!!)
2 sets of new crib sheets (kept our crib and mattress from the first two kids - YAY!!!)
Lactaid nursing trainer (I have IGT/breast hypoplasia and low supply issues, so we're giving this a try)
A set of 3 MAM bottles
A JJ Cole Bundleme carseat cover
7 newborn cloth diaper covers (3 Thirsties, 3 Blueberries, and 1 Rumperooz)
2 dozen newborn cloth prefolds
6 cloth workhorse diapers
1 box of 128 disposable newborn diapers
2 packs of Avent soothie binkies (both of my other babies loved these as newborns)
3 quarts of ready-to-feed formula
3 velcro swaddle wraps
4 blankies
A set of newborn hats (they're the elf-style...they can be tied in a knot on top)
2 wet-dry bags
1 trash can liner for dirty cloth diapers
1 nursing bra
Spectra S2 breastpump

I have a few other shopping lists I've made on Amazon, with an activity mat, some bum cream, a mattress protector, some toys, and some natural baby toiletries, etc.

I'm feeling kind of nesty lately, and kind of want to get going on washing baby's laundry and prepping diapers. Anyone else feeling this way? I guess I'm just slightly excited. :rofl:

We changed our mind on our little boy's name when we found out the gender. He was going to be Cassian Andrew but now he is most definitely Orion Andrew.

As far as shopping goes I have some stuff, like the travel system, a crib for in our room, clothes, nappies and wipes. It's the first grandchild so my mum has gone a bit mad but honestly I've slowed down this past couple of weeks. His room isn't sorted, we just kind of dump things in there and it has started to stress me out so I don't really want to add to it until it's sorted.

My husband calls it ground zero lol

That's a great list!!

I'm feeling anxious about getting things ready, although really we have everything we need. I have all the stuff from the girls and my sister had a son last year and saved all the clothes for me. My dh just built me a cosleeper that attaches to the bed, it'll be so much better than what we did with our first 2. We used to use a pack n play with bassinet attachment but our bed is so high it's such a pain to get out of bed every few hours to get the baby and then back in/back out. I'm excited about it!
I've also bought a kangaroo shirt this time around, I loved having skin to skin time with both girls but felt exposed when visitors came over. So this time I purchased a shirt that is made to wear that I can stick baby in the pouch and we can be skin to skin and easily nurse!
I also bought a new buckle carrier, as I loved carrying the girls and will need to this time around because I'll be chasing 2 already lol.
I've also bought a new diaper bag that is a backpack type! I love it! And some new accessories to go with it, a new extra large changing pad, diaper/wipe holder. New pacis, new paci clips.
I've got a list started on Amazon also , one that has boy stuff and one for girl stuff. I'm going to purchase some things once the baby gets here! I'm excited and can't wait!
I also made some new burp cloths, some in boy patterns and some in girl, and some that were just adorable and will work for either!!
I'm going to embroider a few baby hats, some with each name on it. I'll also make some new shirts for the girls that say "big sister" and I'll make a couple onesies that say baby sister and baby brother on them. I'm just so excited and feel like I have to so something lol

You ladies are on top of it!

Wookie, do you like the Spectra pump? I really would like to get it! But I don't know anyone who has it in real life.

Pink, that kangaroo shirt sounds fantastic!

Onions lol at ground zero :rofl:

I have had an extremely hard time buying things and getting things ready. I am still so nervous and unable to see myself bringing him home :cry: It's been such a hard road to get to this point. It's so silly I just don't want to do a ton and get bad news... :cry:

I actually ordered the spectra s2 from my insurance, have yet to receive it, but I've read amazing things on it!! I still have my medals one also!

Well, I used a Medela Symphony the last time. I never have had good pumping output, due to low supply issues related to my breast tissue. I have not yet used my Spectra, but I've heard better things about them than just about any other hospital-grade pump out there...

Sorry I haven't been so chatty lately! Glad to see everyone is doing well.

As far as breast pumps, I have no suggestions as I have never pumped before. I ordered the medela pump from my insurance and have already received it. Crossing my fingers it's a good choice for me as I could've picked the spectra instead. Only time will tell.

I'm naming my daughter Olivia, but I don't have a middle name picked out yet. I like Rose as a middle name but am not 100% sure. I'm trying to get my DH to pick one, but he has yet to give me any suggestions!

Well wanted to update I passed my glucose test! But my hemoglobin is extremely low. Will probably get a blood transfusion this week.

Ah good news about the glucose test.. i'm currently in the middle of mine as I type.
Sorry to hear you need a blood trans but hopefully it will
Make you feel better 👍🏻👍🏻

I've reached V-day! Still struggle to believe I'm actually pregnant sometimes, took 5 years and countless tests but I'm finally at viability.

So so happy!

Congrats on all the V-day celebrations!!!

I hope we all pass our tests! I've got mine when I get back from vacation! August 7th.

I don't get mine until the 28th week mark...I have mine scheduled, but I realized it's on the same day my students start back at school (I'm a teacher), so that won't work...I'll have to reschedule. Praying we all have good stable blood sugar levels on our glucose levels, and none of us have GD!

Friday is my V-day, however! So glad so many of us are hitting that important milestone. Every day we keep these babies in the oven, the outcome looks a little brighter! <3

Congrats on the glucose test ttc126!! I'm not sure when mine will be, but I'll definitely ask my obgyn.

Also, congratulations to all that have made V-day!! I am anxiously awaiting mine in another week and a half!

Ahhh I hate thinking about the glucose test! I had to have an early one because I'm overweight and passed fine, and with my ones in my previous pregnancy the levels always came back at "levels of a non-pregnant person" so was no where near failing. Fingers crossed the same happens again!
I have to get mine at 26 weeks. Weird how we are all slightly different.

It's officially V-day for me today! :wohoo:

My glucose test is two days after I turn 28 weeks!
Can't wait to see how it goes. I'm almost looking forward to it.
I have a sweet tooth, so honestly feel like the drink isn't going to make me feel sick... but we'll see. I'm just really excited to see what the hype is all about. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->