||November Mummies!|| Another Year :)

Aww bless hope she gets well soon :hugs:

EMT the little chubber in 3-6mths already :haha: Seren still in newborn mostly lol

I hope you don't mind me jumping in! I've been stalking the convo.

In laws are driving me nuts too!! Keep telling us to let them have the baby for new years eve so we can go out and I keep saying I WANT to be with him new years!! But they keep saying it. So makes it weird. There are so many things. They tried to tell me we are having a baptism party at their favorite restaurant and I said I need to talk to dh about that because that's not what we were planning and they said "it's already been decided. " wtf?! And then tried to tell me I had to bring him to dh's cousins house for Xmas after I told them 5 times we were staying home this year and it turned into a big thing. Dh is backing me up and keeps talking to them and putting them in their place but I'm getting so resentful.

Leopard I hope your lo feels better soon. I can imagine its so scary when their sick. We thought Bradley had a fever at 3 weeks and I completely freaked out.

Arghhh dont you just love the in laws once a baby arrives :dohh: just stick to your guns on what you want etc they'll get the message eventually :haha:

From bad to worse. Kezzy has REALLY green stools. Last time this happened i just made sure she was getting more hind milk, but she hardly stays on the boob for more than 15 minutes, no matter how hard I try and she is so fussy. Taking her to the doctor next week but I'm pretty worried. :cry:

Oh no I will be praying for her. Any chance of going to dr sooner?

Awww :-( poor girl! Keep us updated! Yeah my inlaws SERIOUSLY said "why don't you let the baby stay with us a week while you recover" when we were in the hospital! Crazy loones! And yes Trey is almost completely in 3-6 months now! He doesn't even look like a newbie to me anymore but he did come out weighing 8lbs 8oz haha :) he's taking 6oz at a time now though! He's definitely my little piggy!

:dohh:
I feel like an idiot. Doc said the stools normally go green when they are basically drinking and pooping at the same time. The reason she has been eating little at a time but lots of times is from heat and growth spurting. Fussiness for the same reason.Ugh I'm so stupid.

Not stupid hun, you're doing exactly the right thing, going to the doctors when you notice something different and making sure everything is ok. I would have been worried too.

We had our first toothless grin last night... bliss!

In other news, going to try some baby wearing - i figure with a toddler and newborn this may make things a bit easier. So fingers crossed that it works out well for us. Any of you guys got slings etc? Any recommendations?

Lorelei has been a little milk monster since yesterday - although she did get a good nights sleep, phew! I'm just hoping that it's the growth spurt, feel like a zombie today!

We're still in newborn/up to one month clothes, although after this growth spurt i'm thinking that may change.

Nimbus, I just started baby wearing the other day! It is so easy, and so much easier that carting the pram around everywhere. I use Nature something or rather lol I don't now the full name, but it is a generic sling and I also have a sling that you can strap them into. i prefer the non strapped in one though! :)
DD is also in new borns clothes still. However she has grown out of 00000s because she is too long! :haha:

I baby wear and I LOVE it!!!!! I have two carriers a sling (that just slips over one shoulder and one of those black ones with all the crazy buckles and straps (I don't use that one) I got my sling from etsy.com for only $19! The woman custom makes them in like 60 fabrics to choose from! It arrived super fast too! I ordered a size too big though and she's going to take it up for me for free :) I will look up her shop name and post it for you!

The lady that makes them is named Julie and her shop is called "snugglebugslings" on Etsy.com totally worth the money! I got mine in a unisex print so I could use it if we are blessed with #3 :)

I've got a brown one that just goes over your head and shoulder, the black one has clips etc, so I prefer the brown one. Got them both for $25 for a sheila off facebook who had them sitting around doing nothing.
Best.Purchase.Ever.

Oh and Kezzy is finally in cloth nappies! She loves them!

i'll take a look at those types of slings. I do have one or two concerns... if i hold her in a sling too much will she no learn to self settle? or would it take longer? i know it'll be easier for me for now, but would it make it harder long term? hope that makes sense. I also worry about knowing if baby is in it properly/safely. are you guys confident with that?

I haven't got a problem with her being in safely, it's just ind of natural. As for settling, I doubt you'll have problems. DD settles in the pram, in the sling, on my boob, in my arms, in the rocker and in the basinett lol!

I didn't have a sling with my 6 year old and he REFUSED to self settle but Trey settles sooooo easy!!!! :) I honestly think it just depends on the baby! As far as safety I feel completely safe with him in his sling :) I can constantly see him and if I bend down I always wrap my arm around him. As long as your sling fits properly you should be fine! :-D I honestly think it was one of my best investments! My top 5 must haves are: Boppy, stroller, tiny love take along mobile, sling, and my fisher price rock and play sleeper! :) I'm soooo ready for another one!

Thanks ladies for the info... i'm going to go for it. I'll let you know how we do.

Been on a growth spurt the last few days and she's been incredibly unsettled in the evening. I'm hoping that it's the cold and sore throat that we've all had that is making her sad and not the dreaded C. She's not settling for sleep very easily and she wants to be held all the time, so i'm hoping that the sling may help... going to look at ebay later.

You guys doing ok?

Eh, as good as can be darl! I feel so out of place in Baby Club and even Teenage Parenting. It was lie in 3rd tri I was miss information, and now I'm miss nothing :nope: kind of sad, but man can those girls in Baby Club tear into each other!

I shall have to get this thread ready for the next November mums, since they will all be finding out they are pregnant soon :haha:

Hey girls! Havent been on a lot lately, as like leopard not really sure where to go, I dont have much advice to give in baby club, although im a young mum, im not a teenager (20) so dont really belong there. And havent really looked elsewhere.

Both Abby and I are doing well, just sorting out my goals for 2012 (learn to drive, car, lose weight, all the usual) and trying to fit in seeing all the family who all live at least 4 bludy hours away lol

We are doing good...still haven't started AF and I'm getting aggravated! I either wanna be preggers again or have AF so I can get back to charting haha! Trey is such an easy baby though! My 6 year old is autistic and is always a challenge so it's nice to have an easy baby :) Baby club is confusing for me too....I feel at place here :) and I've really enjoyed this support system of having you ladies to chat to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->