||November Mummies!|| Another Year :)

Heya bbygurl! :happydance: Congratulations!

Trey slept through the night last night :-D!!!!!!!

Wow wee! Go Trey! We had a 4x up between 12 and 6 last night. Think i'll be quite :sleep: today.

Sorry for disappearing for so long..... motherhood is hard work!!! Ive not had a spare minute for weeks!

Alfie is doing sooooo well. He is now 8 weeks old and full of smiles and coo's! Its so adorable. I melt every time!
I ADORE being a mummy.

Beautiful picture of a handsome boy! His features are really clear. I'm enjoying being a mummy at this stage more than i did with our son, as i was still very ill after birth. It's lovely to be happy with both ofthem now :thumbup:

Do I sound like a crazy lady because in my 6 year olds school pick up line I seriously want to get out and slap some parents.....they will seriously try to cutin line it makes me wonder what their poor children are like if even they can't follow simple order and rules....

Grrrrr! Not at all crazy for wanting to, but probably best not to... although you may still get away with it with the whole hormones thing :haha:

Is anyone else's LO a lot easier settled by you rather than OH?

Depends on how long i've been trying... i like to think it's like a jar i ccan't open - i loosened it!

Sounds promising with the cramps if it's like last time - i never felt the implanation as some people do... we did temps with our son, so i knew as soon as it was possible otherwise.

I'm feeling a bit pooped today, after the little lady waking lots etc, but also because DH started his job and basically saw the kiddies for just over an hour yest and that makes me sad. I know it's early days and he needs to settle in well so is putting in some extra time there to start with, but i miss him. On the plus side, i do seem to be coping ok so far, not amazingly, but ok and i'm happy with that for now. I guess i'm a bit fed up and lonely at times, and simply need a rest. He also takes our computer some days so i don't have the internet, which i can live without, but it just makes me feel like i have a window to the outside even if we don't manage to get out. Ah well, another day begins, i wonder what it will bring!

EMT Bradley also seems more easily soothed by me. Makes me feel bad for dh. :(

I just turned 18 :)
Kezzy is doing really well, but gosh she is getting long!

Okay BFN and still no period and Trey is formula fed.........errrrr I hate being back in the TTC circuit! Trey is getting huge though I can't wait till the 16th (doc appt) to see how long and how much he weighs!

We have our doc appt tomorrow to check on Kez. We are NTNP due to financial situation, but I'm really hoping it will happen soon, we will be definitely TTC after our wedding in March. I only have 4kg to lose before I fit back into my wedding dress :dance:

I spoke too soon....I'm spotting.....surely the witch is on her way

Oh hun. AF will mean you can do your counting and temping etc if you wanted to. I recall the stresses of TTC - every monthly bleed would reduce me to tears. I really hope you get your BNP soon.

Had a big scare last night... DH dropped our baby and she landed on her little beautiful head. I truely have never been so scared and DH was a wreck. We ended up in hospital via ambulance and she was checked over and we were home within a few hours, with advice to watch her.

She appears ok right now, but i'm watching her like a hawk... it's taking a good while to write this! Her bruise is already smaller and she's behaving normally.

I'm trying not to feel too guilty/ bad mother like, but i am jumpy today. My
hubby has gone to work, and thankfully is feeling less terrible. It really puts things into perspective when you have a scare... we've spent the last few days stressing over money and budgets, hubbys new work, and really we have to keep our focus on what's truely important...

I'm so thankful for our little family - my boy brings me such joy, just watching him bumble about playing with his toys, listening to his version of the English language is hilarious, it makes me so happy. My husband is everything to me, he's my rock, he builds me up and yet keeps me grounded, he loves me regardless, he lets me boss him about and listens to my rants even when he doesn't always agree! He is amazing and i'm mightily blessed. This little lady in my arms now has been with us for such a short time and yet she's changed our lives completely... I can't wait to see her grow and develop her personailty.

Not everything is rosie, but keeping a healthy sense of perspective is so important, and makes a world of difference.

Nimbus that's so scary! You poor thing. I can imagine how guilty your dh must feel. I'm so glad your lo is ok but I will say some extra prayers. Thank you for sharing how we need to put things in perspective. I've been worrying about things that don't really matter.

Oh my gosh Nimbus I can only imagine!!!!!! I caught our LO sleeping FACE DOWN yesterday like completely looking down....no idea how he managed that one but it scared the poop out of me I can only imagine how scared YOU were!!!! Bless both your hearts! I'm so glad to hear everything is okay tho that's such a scary situation.

AF did show finally (with wicked cramps!) I'm hoping these cramps only last this cycle and my periods aren't this horrid from now on! I have endometriosis but after the birth of DS#1 the pain got DRASTICALLY better...just hoping we haven't regressed with the endo :-/ after a lot of thought last night I've decided to strictly be NTNP for now.....the temp charting, opks, and endless testing is just too emotional for me and none of it worked for our LO.....we actually concieved the month we decided to quit all that mess and gave up on TTC. Soooo I'm just going to chill out, relax, be thankful for the two I have been so luckily blessed with, and enjoy them!

I like that very much EMT! We ttc for over two years then got pregnant by accident the month of my scheduled lap for endo. In fact didn't know I was about two weeks pregnant when I had the Surgery. Was so scared. But anyway I don't ever want to go through that madness again. We will probably ntnp too but not yet because I want to make sure my uterus is completely healed from the csection.

Sounds like a plan... ntnp and seeing a positive results as a blessing is such a lovely, beautiful way to conceive. TTC can bring so much stress and sometimes detracts from the enjoyment of it all! We were fortunate with our little girl that we were successful the first month of my husband suggesting that he would be happy to consider baby no. 2. I think he had hoped for a good few months, but hey.

Lorelei has been fine since my last post. The HV came over yest, i had told her what happened first thing, as i knew she would be contacted by the hospital. I had worried that social services would be involved, despite the fact it was an accident, because i've been a bit wobbly recently and both me and OH had pnd after our little boy. We've both been completely honest with how we've been feeling since the birth of our girl with the professionals as we know if we need the help we need to tell them clearly how we feel - i was worrying that it would be blown out of proportion. I hope that that makes sense. They kept on asking us what had happened etc over and over again, and that was scary, but i know it was necessary. We're both teachers so we have to go through the training and have to report on what we see too, so we understand it all. It's just scary.

Still, she's well and yep we're not quite in the clear, i'm still on observation with her, and it's going to take me a while to pick myself up, but step by step, prayer by prayer...

Myturn how was the csection? I was terrified I was going to have to have one this time! I'm normally about 102lbs 5'3" and have an 8lbs6oz son (4th degree episiotomy) and LO was 8lbs8oz (2nd degree episiotomy induced at 39 weeks) so I'm worried that #3 will of course be bigger :-/

I'm a paramedic Nimbus and we have to go through all the "report what you see" training too but I'm sure when the shoe is on the other foot its pretty scary :-( I've never thought to put myself in their shoes I think its pretty natural to assume the worst going into something like that....I guess if I go back to work I really need to open my eyes a bit more!

I have gotten the worst news today :(

Okay so most of you don't know the full story so here is some backround:

Moura - My town
Biloela- Next town over(45min drive)
Rockhampton - nearest city
Brisbane - capital city of state.

When I was 38+2 weeks pregnant I was sent to Biloela for a growth ultrasound due to them being worried about DDs growth rate. The result of this was that she measured 36wks, and that she had enlarged kidneys and a full bladder.
Because of this I was sent to Rockhampton (2 1/2 hrs drive) to the hospital there. They contacted Brisbane and I was flown down the next day (8hrdrive, 2hr flight). Whilst there they told me I would end up delivering there and so at 39+3 I gave birth vaginallywith gas and air to my beautiful daughter who weighed 5lb 11 oz (2.590kg).
She was in special care the first few hours, and then went for an ultrasound, this showed a duplex ureter tube system on the left kidney and that both kidneys were enlarged.

Fast forward a few weeks and we were sent back to Rockhampton for follow ups. She had a urinary dye scanand we got the results today. Heres what makes me sad.

She has stage 3-4 urinary reflux into the kidneys; left untreated this can result in kidney failure. After birth her weight dropped significantly, though she is now above birth weight. She has been gaining 100g a week (plus growing a cm a week). However the pediatrician is not happy with this, and believe due to her kidney's she is not putting on enough weight.

So now I have to exclusively express so she can have fortifier in her milk. I am heartbroken. We are being sent back toBrisbane next week so she can see the renal team and consult a dietician, there isa high likelyhood she willbe put on formula (not the cheap kind either). I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, but it is so hard ya know? I feel like a failure even though I know it's not my milk. I just need some advice, I'm going through so many emotions and I cannot even begin to sort them out :(

DD is 8 weeks old today.

Oh my goodness leopard bless both of your hearts!!!! I don't even know what to say darlin I wish I could offer you some sort of adviCe but I don't have any to offer besides just loving on your sweet LO and listening to the doctors :-/ I can't imagine what you're going through but try not to beat yourself up over it. It's not your fault sweetheart.

She's started putting on a little bit more weight. We head to Brisbane on Monday and her appointment is Wednesday. She was great yesterday but today she has been so annoying, I cannot think of a nice word tbh.
I love her to death, but the stress is starting to get to me :cry:

Oh hun, you're bound to have days like this, especially when you have stressful things happening. I too wish that i had some advice to give, i'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Keep strong hun, and try not to beat yourself up, you're doing a fab job x

Trey had his 2 month appointment and shots today....he's feeling pretty icky and I've given him tylenol as recommended by the pediatrician but he is 13lbs 2oz and 25 1/2 inches :) the doctor said he looks great and is putting on some good weight haha....as if I hadn't noticed! But he was 8lbs 8oz and 21inches at birth. He will be two months on the 18th. How is everyone else.

wow emt good weight lol serenity was 6lb 14 and at 2mths weighed 10lb 5 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->