November Nuggets ~ 2016

Oh blimey dark, u have to be well looked after then!!

Missfrick, I meant to say don't worry about not keeping up, we talk way too much lol xx

Congratulations Hunni!

And well done on the shopping Jox. I will have to pick your brains about vbac at some point. I'd like to feel like giving birth is something I've done rather than what was done to me and I'm hoping a vbac will help heal DD birth, if that makes sense?!

It must have been so awful to lose DS1, Jox. :hugs:

Smiley, the taking blood bit is horrible isn't it?! They forgot to do a third test so I had to do it twice. I think I'd like to try for a vbac but if intervention starts to creep in I'll go c section so not to go through all that again!

hunni great scan congrats!

are we talking about our previous labour experiences?

DS came almost a week late I was induced with two different methods to get things going then water was broke by the dr. and i was in the hospital for 2 days before ds finally arrived so 48 hours of labor with back to back contractions he was suctioned out after 2 hours of pushing!! as his oxygen was dropping he did not cry when he came out and I couldnt see him until the medical people checked him and got him to breathe and cry. finally i got to see my little cone head and all was well! lots of drama can happen but everything can be okay!!! i also remember asking after the why isnt he crying question does he have webbed feet HAHA it runs on both sides of the family and really isnt the end of the world but his feet are fine lol.

So i decided to tell my "dad"...the man who has 4-5 children that he never took care of that he has another grandchild on the way. This was his response...i know i been in a relationship for 2 years and am a great mother so his response is irrelavnt. This is like the pot calling the kettle black when the pot pretty much burned out. We are happy and shocked, but happy and thankful to God. This just another person who never see this child a day in their life along with some other people.

His words in text were:

"Okay so you really think that is something to be proud of. I guess you did not learn a thing from the first time laying up with diferent men making babies. 2 kids 2 different daddies because you can't keep your legs close but if you like it I love it. goodnight and again thanks for the birthday wishes."

Scarlet I have wondered about a planned section this time but I'm scared, I think the worst thing is I have no idea why that happened to Reid, I still burst into tears when I tell anyone about it. It was a quick labour so it wasn't that he was too tired, maybe it's because it was quick? He was resusitated after he was born and had a lot of problems choking for the first few days, he had X-rays and tubes put down his little throat but they didn't find anything, I really hope I can get some answers and some peace of mind once I talk it through with somebody at the hospital, have been referred for it.
They dropped the table about to cut me and pull him out but thank god (maybe it was her words that did it, I just started pushing and he was our in a few pushes) they took him away as he wasn't coming too. It was just horrible!

Dark I had a similar situation with my first, I was induced and he just would not come bless him, I remember a doctor coming to deliver him and him being really pissed at the midwives and saying when was the last time this catheter was emptied?? He then squeezed our gallons of urine! Was probably my exceptionally full bladder that was stopping me delivering! 8 years later I still get urine infections all the time.

Huni wonderful about your scan! :)

Happy 11 weeks Jox!!! :) :) :)

Oh my god huni cut that man out of your life! I have no contact with my father anymore, blood is NOT thicker than water and biologically father a child does not a father make in my book! Xxxx

huni congratulations on the scan but shame on your father... he doesn't deserve to know your kids if that's what he has to say !

I honestly can't keep up with you natter boxes any more :haha: I need to get back on form !!

I'm sorry to hear a lot of you had difficult births at some point, that must make impending labour quite frightening but I'm sure you'll all be well whatever your decisions this time.

My experience is pretty basic when it comes to labour, whilst a slow 32 hours, it was a pretty plain vaginal delivery on G&A, no tears or damage. Think it took so long as my plan was to stay calm and wait for bubs and it probably worked too well :rofl:

Hunni that is shocking, I hope you didn't even bother to reply! :hugs:

Elmo, have you had your booking appointment yet? They should have given you the chance to go through Reid's birth then. If not then I'd defo ask for what they call in my County a "talk about".

Jemma that sounds good to me! That's one of the things I'm considering.... as I've already got a scar across my tummy do I want to risk having to have stitches down there too?! :haha:

I had a second degree tear when having jack and I had an episiotomy having Oscar. Can 100% say that tearing naturally is a breeze honestly compared to an episiotomy! I would obviously prefer not to tear lol but I know that if I do its honestly not that bad! I've been stitched up twice down there now so what's a third time lol

Hunni What wicked man. Cut him out of your life.

Elmo: I remember the doctor coming in and saying "We need to get that women on a drip and get a catheter in her as were doing a disservice."

Ds3 was induction at 38+2. He came the next day. 24 hr pessary was put in at 10am, 12pm thr next day waters were broke and he was born at 4pm. It was quite quick from waters being broke but amazing!! The whole pushing experience etc straight after I said never again but it only took a few weeks for the memory of the pain ti fade lol

Oh hunni, I'm glad ur not upset by that man!! Clearly no parent to live up to!!!

11 weeks today!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Hunni congrats on your lovely scan! I'd definitely be cutting ties with your dad though...how awful, no one deserves to be treated that way and least of all you - you are his daughter!

Although they do pick a variety of deliveries I remember watching one born every minute and there was a young girl who got really distressed and made her labour sooo much more complicated. After that I made it my plan to go in there deal with whatever was going to happen with as little stress as possible. I think provided you don't hit complications along the way (as obviously it's a stresser) a vaginal delivery is a breeze... the pain wasn't that bad once I'd started taking huge breaths of G&A. Literally as soon as my son hit my chest pain was gone and forgotten about :D

Definitely Jemma. When I watch obem and see them screaming I just think put all that effort into pushing, don't waste it screaming!!!! Lol other than the odd oww oww or swear word I like to think I remained quite calm lol xx

Ooh god I'm a screamer in labour haha. I'm fine and cope well up to about 6cm and then that's it I'm gone and I start screaming haha.

First labour: 7 hr

Second labour: 2 and a half hr

I had my best friend as a birth partner so spent a lot of time telling her to shut up laughing at me but we laughed a lot of the time especially when she nicked my gas and air :rofl:

Only sounds I made was grunty "grrrrrrrrr"'s when pushing that little bugger out

Hunni that's horrid!

I had 4th degree tearing it was not good and that was with an episiotomy ugh. I def have a fet of birth recovery I didn't feel a thing during I did get the epidural which is prob why I didn't feel anything I was 8 or 9 when I got the episode can't remember I almost missed getting it!

Hunni Beautiful scan, I can't believe he said that to you!

With DS he had to have that chip placed on his head (forgot what it's called) where they screw it in? His heart kept lowering when I had a contraction but came up once it was over. But I managed vaginal.

DD was a breeze, she was very good while in labour lol, but when she was born my midwife called all the midwives on the ward in to come and look at her cord, she had somehow knotted it, imagine 2 large loops, then wrap the cord around the bottom and through one loop then pull really tight, one midwife gave me a look and said you have one lucky little girl there. I didn't realise how bad it was until she said that!

I had my booking appointment today, scan booked for 5th May!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->