November Nuggets ~ 2016

I would love a girl but would be just as happy with a 3rd boy.

I am going buying my pram later!

Child free day here too Scarlett. I have lots of jobs to do in the house!

Sorry not caught up with all posts, had a hectic weekend.

Happy 12/13 weeks to everyone celebrating!! I can't believe I'm almost 14 weeks!

Ninja Kitty - welcome & congrats! Happy to have you here :hugs:
All the ladies reaching milestones since my last post - congrats! :happydance:

AFM - tomorrow's our dating scan! I'm mostly excited for DH as he missed my last scan. I'm hoping Bub will move around lots for him!
I definitely have some dried colostrum going on here, and a bit of a rash too.

Re: gender: I don't think there's anything wrong with having a preference! As I've said once in another thread somewhere, sometimes you relate more to one gender. If you already have a girl, maybe you want a boy (one of each). There are tons of reasons. I personally wouldn't know what I'd do with a boy :lol: In 2014 I definitely preferred a girl because I know girls! I can handle girls!
But then I lost that pregnancy, and it took me nearly 2 years to get to where I am now, and now I just have my heart set on a healthy rainbow baby, any gender. That's also why I'm doing OK with being team :yellow: and nothing shall sway me! :haha: But that's my personal take on it. Even if after all this I'd still have a gender preference, I do think that would be completely fine!
I don't understand why people would get in online arguments etc about it, bitching at prospective parents for either having a preference or for having the "wrong" preference. It's all completely personal!

Jemma i really wouldnt take what the nurses said seriously....im an adult nurse and nowhere in our training were we shown how to read a baby scan xxx that wouldve just been there guesses :)

Wow Christina what a fantastic gift, i wouldve cried too:hugs:

I finished nightshift yesterday and am really struggling to recover. Poor ds getting snapped at alot. Almost 10.30 and we both still in jammys :nope: just need another 48hrs sleep i think:haha:
This week i go back to work on thursday for 7 shifts...4days followed by 3 nights....really dont know how im gonna manage it:cry:

Got my scan a week on friday....i cant wait. I know this is crazy but despite all the positive tests, exhaustion, severe morning sickness, acne and boobie growth I panic a little incase they do ghe scan and theres no baby............is that crazy? Im crazy right!!

Lots of love ironmansmummy, uve done so well getting here with no early scan. I'd of been an absolute mess by now!!

Christina, what a lovely gift!!!

Welcome ninja kitty!!

Re gender. After losing Kasper I so wanted to have a boy, sound awful but almost to have the son that I'd been robbed of. I was so glad that he was. Others who lose a baby struggle with the thought of the same sex straight after. Everyone certainly is very different. Then obviously my 3rd was a boy too. A lot of people were certain he was a girl by the nub shit so it was a shock to be told boy again and I cried, not out of disappointment but more shock and at having another boy after losing one, weird really lol this time, I totally expect it to be a boy, after 3 boys u do expect it but then it's a different dad this time so who knows. Yes I would absolutely LOVE a girl and if I admitted to having a preference then yes I think it's a girl but I would be more than happy with another little boy too. I'm finding myself referring to baby as him etc, I think it's to stop myself from getting carried away with the thought of it being a girl coz I think the more I do the more I'll get used to the idea then it might build a bit of disappointment and I don't want it to.

Scan tomorrow!!!! That's 3 of us with scans tomorrow!!! Mine isn't till 4.35 tho. I'm at work 9-3 tho so hopefully the day won't drag too much. Will listen in with th Doppler tonight just to reasurrance myself a little.

Anyway, hope ur all ok xx

Jox I think losing a baby really messes with your head. There is no rhyme nor reason to our feelings or thoughts especially when it come to gender etc. I was convinced Eoin was going to be a girl and when we found out he had passes we asked the reg who confirmed what the sex was and she said she thought he was a girl so for 3 days we grieved for our wee Isla before he was born and found out he was a boy. That was hard. So when we had Lewis less than a year later we were delighted with a wee boy. I like to imagine them as being double trouble together causing mayhem together:hugs:

Yes exactly. Leo was born 36+2 days after Kasper (Kasper was born at 36+2!!). It felt right for me him being a boy. We didn't know Kasper was a boy until he was born. Must of been very hard believing ud lost a daughter for him to be a boy. Very confusing :-( :hugs: xx

Do you not find that we just cope because what other choice do we have:shrug:
Im always speaking about Eoin. I really hope it doesnt make anyone uncomfortable on here............but it really helps me. Also a feiend of mine who was pregnant at the same time as i was with Lewis had reduced movement and she said the only reason she went to get checked is because she knows it doesnt just happen to other people because it happened to me........i always hope people pay attention. My biggest regret is not noticing earlier and getting checked out sooner :cry:

ironmansmummy, in no way do you make me feel uncomfortable talking about your lost little ones :hugs: I think in the most horrible of circumstances you can do some good to those who aren't sure by sharing your story like with your friend going to get checked. It's an absolute shame about your losses and I'm sorry you went through them but admire your strength to keep going even if it's because you just have to :hugs:

Totally ironmansmummy, I sometimes think I shouldn't mention kasper because people don't want to hear 'horror stories' but he's my son, my baby and I carried him thru a totally normal pregnancy for 36 weeks. If our 'stories' encourage just one mummy to get checked over its worth it. I have thr sane regret, the difference a week could of made eh xx

:hugs:

so after bickering for ages about names we have finally decided on our boy and girl first names :happydance:

Welcome and congrats Ninja Kitty!!!

Christina I'd be crying pregnant or not, what an amazingly generous gift!

Jox and ironmansmummy I'm glad you are comfortable enough to talk about your losses, it's certainly made me more aware. I've learned a lot from women on these forums, stuff I would never have thought about otherwise.

Today was ANZAC Day (like Memorial Day in the US, sorry UK ladies don't know what you call it there) here in Aus. I went to the dawn service, but had to go home before the parade because I was shattered...had a 2 hour nap before starting work at midday. Then it was madness. The army base I work at is hosting over a thousand Marines for 6 months, combine them with all the aussies and LOTS of alcohol and bloody hell. It always starts off as being a very stoic and respectable day, then they start drinking and playing old WW2 games and more drinking, then spewing everywhere and then fighting! :wacko:

Ironmans mummy, Jox, you could never make me uncomfortable talking about your boys! They are your children and always will be just like our living children, never feel like anyone here doesn't want to hear about them and about what you went through xxxx

I dont mind hearing about your babies. Even though baby alex was an early loss I still talk about him/her.

Thank you elmo & pippy :kiss:

Pippy, that sounds like chaos!!

Wow, Jemma!!! How exciting!! R u sharing or is it a secret?

Elmo, how u feeling about ur scan tomorrow? When was ur last scan? Mine was 9'weeks exactly so almost 4 weeks ago. Feels so much longer than that tho!! Xx

Do you not find that we just cope because what other choice do we have:shrug:
Im always speaking about Eoin. I really hope it doesnt make anyone uncomfortable on here............but it really helps me.

Aw, of course you & Jox can talk about your boys, especially bc it helps you! Isn't that what this entire forum is about? Support through good times and sad times. :) I hope you don't feel like you can't talk about them, here.

No, no secret... we have decided on Lily for a girl and Logan for a boy... no middles names yet :D

I LOVE Logan but then im bias :haha: ds3 is Logan!! Lily is pretty :kiss: xx

This week is going to drag. Tuesday dd is in nursery, I am going in with her on Wednesday as I am really missing her when she goes in, Tuesday DD dads coming to stay (he stays every couple of months.) and then the scan on Friday.

It will be handy as I can take it easy, but I am sad for Lucy as she barely has a relationship with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->