November Nuggets ~ 2016

Hello ladies, hope everyone has been well. I'd like to quickly update that we are expecting a girl. Husband and I are so happy we have not stopped doing high-fives since the scan. Anyway, that's all from me. All the best to everyone.

Congratulations Bay!

Congrats on your girl bay!

So I got a call from my doc on Friday about the anatomy scan that I THOUGHT went well. Turns out there's are 3 "normal variants." I have an eccentric cord insertion where the cord is inserted into the placenta in the back rather than the side.

Baby girl has an echogenic intracardiac focus on her heart AND a benign cyst on her brain. I was hysterical when I heard the news. My doc said this is all normal & nothing to really worry about. Surprisingly enough, the stories I've read on google have all had great outcomes: the issues have resolved themselves & the babies turned out perfectly healthy.

To put me more at ease I am going to meet with a genetic counselor to get more info & will be having follow up ultrasounds. I am optimistic, but still scared! Prayers would be appreciated!

Sorry to hear that Snow, especially when you think all is fine :hugs: sending positive thoughts your way.

Jemma Harper was my girls name along with Peyton and Quinn and we are considering Harper as the middle name for our boy as its unisex!

Pippy you are so dinky to say you have twins in there! :)

Almost so glad the test was wrong!

Happy 20 weeks Christina!

Smiley I'm glad the move is over and you can get settled

Congrats on your girlie Bay!

Snow - wow that must have been some very frightening news for you to hear, I'm very glad that these things sound to have a happy outcome but understandable for you to feel concerns. I hope that everything will be just fine xxx

Dark, we have booked a 4D scan as well, think I will be about 27 weeks! We have never had one before I cannot wait!!! X

Thinking of you snowbunnie- horrible time waiting for scans but it sounds like googling has given you some comfort. I have found that googling actually helped calm me down for my scans.

Almost - good to know your getting the same pattern of kicks as me. It's mostly to the side but I'm starting to feel squirming in the middle from time to time so baby is obv getting stronger. Can anterior placentas cause increased risk of c section? Was exploring the need for c section anyway due to DD needing forceps as she became stuck and I have a small frame (a lot of weight on that small frame though).

Elmo that's exciting to have a scan to look forward to!

Hopeful they can if they are too close to cervix as it can cause dangerous bleeding to mother. I'm assuming frequent scans will occur to check to make sure the placenta hasn't lowered they say 2cm close or closer to cervix is the danger zone and my obgyn said the placenta can move. Funny bc I don't remember learning this with ds.

Tonight I saw my stomach move I've had some maybe some but this was definite so exciting and right in lower center of my stomach so possibly through the placenta. Almost teared up just feel so great full to get this experience for a second time and to have a healthy baby :)

Hopeful...anterior placenta doesn't require a csection. It is very common :)

Almost...i don think the placenta can move down, only upwards as far as I'm aware. And yaaay for seeing movements! So exciting :)

Happy 22 weeks smiley :D.

Woke up from the oddest dream. It was a funny one but still. :haha:

Hi all, hope ur all ok. Ive read but forgot most, sorry.

Snow, how scary to learn all of that, good that most things will rectify themselves tho!!

Happy 22 week smiley. I really can't believe where the weeks r going!!!

All fine here. Nothing much to report. Consultant tomorrow so will hopefully get my proper plan for the next 17 weeks xx

You have just reminded me Jox that I had a consultant appointment today...oops! Must rearrange.

Hi ladies!

Quick update from me as I had my 20 week scan today! We are still team :yellow: #sorrynotsorry and baby is doing fantastic!
Growing nicely, all its organs are developing correctly, lots of movement, etc. We're very relieved. I've always had a very cautious attitude about this pregnancy but this will finally help me to really, really enjoy it and believe it. Can't wait to start the nursery and shopping for baby now!

Question - they're saying baby is a bit bigger, about 3 days ahead, so that would put me at 20+2 instead of 19+6. Should I adjust my ticker or would you say leave it as is?

Finally, I've started feeling movement a little here and there at night, and since yesterday its gotten more pronounced! :cloud9:

Attachments

• SEO_0028_crop.jpg
    SEO_0028_crop.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
That's lovely news Katie!! If things work the same for u as it does here ur due date will stay exactly what u was given at ur 12 week scan whether baby measures big or small they don't adjust it xx

Great news Katie! No need to adjust your due date! I'm gonna guess boy for you :D

Thanks Jox and Smiley! Will keep my ticker as is :)
Haha it's funny, I dream all the time that it's a girl, but I have a feeling it's a boy. We'll see!

Aw lovely Katie. It's nice to see a team yellow, it's so rare nowadays.

Sorry ladies been on vacation for a week so not much posting or lurking on here. Had my 20 week scan yesterday and yes still definitely a girl :). She wouldn't tell me anything other than where stuff was like her face, spine, girly bits haha, etc. she wouldn't even tell me how big she was...and she was rough so my belly is sore today. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find out everything at my next appt.

Hi Snowbunnie, they picked up 2 cysts on my 3.5yo's brain when i was about 20 weeks pregnant with him. It took a while to disappear, but it did before he was born. And it did not affect him at all. I hope this helps reassure you a little. All the best :hugs:

I am good. Baby is so active. I actually felt her under my ribs last night. i never knew she was that big:haha::haha:. I have my final anemia scan tomorrow.

I'm just sat wondering why I'm not doing washing :haha:

DS is on his first school trip sleepover tonight, I'm quite nervous, I know he'll be fine it's just he's never not here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->