November Nuggets ~ 2016

Carly big hugs for you sorry for your loss from last year.

I agree about if a baby has downs syndrome keep the sweet little innocent baby he or she can live a wonderful life!

My baby girl had the hiccups last night when I was at the movies I remember what it feels like from ds. She was kicking this morning too I feel her often when sitting or laying flat on my back :)

I bought a pretty blue rag rug for her nursery to go by her crib and a pink lamp shade on a mason jar like lamp but it's larger and I'm going to fill the glass bottom with flowers. I wasn't originally going to do a Blue color in her room with the pink whites and purples but if it works I'll do it I'll keep my eye out for other colored rag rugs I like to collect peices and then I can always return later.

I've requested to join the group x

Wow 8 days till vday for u!!! It seemed ages away but u saying that just reminds me it's only about 12 days for me!!!

I'm back at court next week for what is hopefully the last time then first growth scan the week after!!!

So sad to hear about the Down syndrome diagnosis. It's such a personal decision, it really is. Very long story and I've mentioned about OHs genetics but his ex (mum to his autistic son) found out last week that we r expecting and has called us disgraceful, disrespectful, selfish along with other things for knowingly bringing another disabled child into the world!! Her words. She also said if she'd have known what C would of been like she would of terminated yet here we r doing to by choice!!!!! C is in no daily pain, has feeling, laughs etc I'd maybe understand her comments if her son was struggling daily with pain etc but he isn't!! He's autistic!!! Anyway, to say we r shocked and disgusted at her comments is a total understatement!!! She also clearly doesn't understand genetics and thinks this baby will 100% be affected. It's her son I really feel for if she really feels that way about him :-( there may be people out there that agree with her but this baby is OUR daughter. Autism or no autism and she will be loved unconditionally regardless!!! Yes we made the choice to have a baby knowing the risks but we know we can provide a baby/child with a happy life and upbringing. Sorry rambled on then!!!

Xz

Jox that is awful of her to say, you must be so mad!!!!!!!

Jox that is disgusting. Honestly, so bad. As you know my Oscar has autism...we have worried about whether it is selfish to have another but nothing is 100% amd if it happens again with this baby then we are very well equipped to deal with it!!!

So bad she said those things!!

Sent my request to join the facebook page (Michelle Knowlton)

Have also put in request for FB - my real name is Lucie...

Jox that's really shocking I'm not surprised you're disgusted! And what's it got
To do with her anyway?! That's really sad she's said what she has about her son too. She doesn't sound like a very nice person. Hope all goes well with your ex and court. Will this be the end of it do you think?

Carly :hugs: I'm sure it's been a hard day. Hope the shopping for baby stuff helped a little?

Smiley pleased you're all in. Good luck with the rest
Of the unpacking!

Our pushchair arrived today! So wish I could try it out tomorrow with Orla but I've got to go back to work boooo! V Day may be close but mat
Leave is forever away!!

Jox - that is shameful. How dare she? Ugh. She sounds quite awful as a person and grandparent, talking about having her grandchildren terminated. (My brother has autism, and while as a child he obviously had a lot of problems, as an adult he's pretty high-functioning. And even if he wasn't, a diagnosis is not the end of the bloody world!)

Re: down's syndrome - that's a different story as it likely comes with many developmental, psychological and physical challenges for the child which could range from mild to severe and affect quality of life. It is an extremely personal and difficult decision whether or not to terminate and I'm not going to judge one way or the other, and I've had family with Down's that I loved dearly.

Welcome DeuceMom (haha love the name, clever). This thread is a great place to be, as is the entire forum. A lot of supportive women here! For little things like neuroses :haha: but also for the big stuff!

Nice to meet you, too, congratulations with your twin boy & girl! You are our second twin mom! How wonderful, and I'm glad all is well. Let's hope they stay snuggled in until Nov! Good for you for being spoiled with scans! :lol:

I also conceived via IUI (not as many scans though haha but then again I'm having a singleton) :)

Re: Facebook: maybe I'll join later, but for now I'm more comfortable here. I do hope this thread stays active, too!

Welcome deucemom. My first was IUI and this one is Icsi as we had limited sperm left so wanted to make sure it was a sure thing in terms of fertilisation. Congratulations on the 2!

Re Down's syndrome - my husband and I had long long chats regarding this following our raised NT and when you're faced with the possibility of some horrific chromosomal issues then Down's was the least worrying outcome for us although challenging. We both felt that this wasn't something we would consider not continuing a pregnancy for although it was a daunting process. The key was to become informed and I have to say even though we both work in healthcare, we are now far less naive about it as a diagnosis - and therefore less scared. We got a low risk nifty so it's not something we have to think about now but it's an experience which will help me when I'm seeing patients and has altered my relationships with close friends with children with added needs. A friends child has a undiagnosed syndrome and therefore faces uncertainty on a daily basis. We're certainly a lot closer now.

On that note we had our fetal medicine appointment today and we've been given good news that our cardiac scans look good at20 weeks and we only need 1 more scan at 24 weeks! Such a relief and we have told the world we are expecting today!!! Can finally feel relaxed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
Welcome along DeuceMom and congratulations on your twins!!

Katiesweet - that was step sons mum not grandmother!!! His own mum said she would of terminated him!! Shocking!!

Deucemum, hi and welcome!! Congratulations on ur boy/girl twins and glad to read everything is going well for u!! I too am having fortnightly scans that start 2 weeks tomorrow. Up till this point I've had 5 (1 private and paid for) then am looking at another 7ish. My first baby died when I was 36 weeks then my 2nd stopped growing at 32 delivered at 34 so I have growth scans every 2 weeks to make sure baby is growing on track.

This page won't get abandoned lol we r all still here X

So my exciting news today!! Popped to th baby shop coz we had half hr to spare. I ordered my pram last Monday and they said it could take 2-6 weeks to come in but I asked on the off chance and it arrived yesterday!!!! They got it out for us and made some of it up!! I love it and so excited!! Also bought baby a little pair of shoes and some socks, soo cute!!!!

Duece welcome to the team! Where you an AI mum as a single parent or as a team? I am a ai single mum.

Just spent the morning at the zoo. I am bushed. Totally shattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->