November Nuggets ~ 2016

Hi all. :wave: Not to party crash or anything but it’s taken me several weeks to even decide to join a board at all. I’m just hoping to find some understanding and compassion for what my family considers overly neurotic behavior. So, a bit about myself.

I am currently pregnant with fraternal twins at 20w+4. :happydance: My official due date is Nov 11th, but I’m likely to be having them sometime in October. I’d still like to join this group for luck; I’m really hoping to keep them cooking as long as possible and is healthy for them. So far, so good. They are currently my “soda pop” babies weighing approximately 11 ounces each. As my doctor says, at 20 weeks they want them to be about the weight of a can of soda pop (hence my current nickname for them). So far they have been my blobs (week 8), and my gummi bears (week 9); the progression between those two weeks was astounding.

As one might have guessed, I conceived via fertility clinic (through IUI) and was given early scans for that reason. Among this group (I caught up on all of you over the last few days) I feel kinda spoiled with scans. :shy: I average about 1 every two weeks for one reason or another. Also, with twins, I’m given portable ultrasounds at each visit because it’s too difficult to find the separate heartbeats via Doppler (I don’t get pics with those though :x ).

Just recently had my 20-week anomaly scan and all is looking perfect. I am happy to announce I’ll be having a :blue: and a :pink: .
Nice to meet you all.

P.S. I hope everyone does not abandon this thread for the fb page, I’m not sure I’m ready to join under my real name (I’ve strictly not posted about being preggers on my fb page).

Welcome & congrats!

Take a pram! My daughter did pretty well but still. I will becoming a single mum again by choice in a few years. Once my girls are bigger.

Jox - I misread, but this is even worse! Gah! How awful!

Deuce - I ovulated with 3 eggs and ended up with a single. Was a bit scared it would end up in triplets tbh :lol: though I would have welcomed how ever many.

I finally shopped for first baby clothes! Will post a pic soon, first I'm washing everything :mrgreen:

Oh wow I didn't know a couple of you were SMBC, I am friends with a couple and it's so exciting!

I still don't know what my friend is doing yet re: her DS girl, but I can only support whatever she decides.

I have officially been diagnosed as still having PPD from my first. I have stopped working as of today, after I started picking facebook fights with strangers and then had a sobbing breakdown (so not my style!) I have requested to join the FB group with you lovelies, I promise I won't be a raging idiot!

My scan is on July 7th and finally I'll know what I'm having. I'm feeling strangely unconnected to this one, I think knowing sex will bring me closer.

@Dark - Question just occurred to me and if it's not too forward, are you planning to use the same donor as DD2 for future #3?

No. I actually think i will go through a clinic next time. My donor was lovely but i think i need someone else. I also didnt find the right man. Lots of Mr Psycho's but no right man. I dont want to too hurt my girls by getting involved and then it doesnt work out.

Hugs missfrick.

Welcome deuce I conceived with ivf ICSI with my son and with this miracle girlie a FET! Congrats and welcome to the group.

I also will not be joining on Facebook I almost did but I'm more comfortable just on here too! :)

Baby bump is one of the first pages I jump on in the morning haha. So dont worry.

Im still here too. Welcome Deuce and congratulations x2!!!

I do find it easier to go on FB over here, but my main reason for joining FB was the privacy, I like how it's a closed group and I can share my children's names etc with you all.

OH shocked me yesterday while baby shopping, I picked up a dress for DD and realised it was too young for her so put it back and he said maybe the next one will be a girl!!!!!! I was like err what??!??!

He said he's be happy having another, he is a bit of a joker but when I told my mum he still said the same.

I'm still here every day too lol

The best is there for anyone who wants it but doesn't mean we won't be here too. For me I only go on bnb when I'm at home yet fb is all day every day lol

Sorry to sound dumb but what does (blimey forgot the letters now!!!!) smbc? Mean?!

Just chucked some dye on my hair, hoping it makes me feel a little more human getting rid of the grey again lol xx

Blimey Carly lol not even got this one out yet!!! OH has said about us having a boy next but I keep telling him as nice and firmly as possible that this 100% my last baby!!! Xx

Hi all. :wave: Not to party crash or anything but it’s taken me several weeks to even decide to join a board at all. I’m just hoping to find some understanding and compassion for what my family considers overly neurotic behavior. So, a bit about myself.

I am currently pregnant with fraternal twins at 20w+4. :happydance: My official due date is Nov 11th, but I’m likely to be having them sometime in October. I’d still like to join this group for luck; I’m really hoping to keep them cooking as long as possible and is healthy for them. So far, so good. They are currently my “soda pop” babies weighing approximately 11 ounces each. As my doctor says, at 20 weeks they want them to be about the weight of a can of soda pop (hence my current nickname for them). So far they have been my blobs (week 8), and my gummi bears (week 9); the progression between those two weeks was astounding.

As one might have guessed, I conceived via fertility clinic (through IUI) and was given early scans for that reason. Among this group (I caught up on all of you over the last few days) I feel kinda spoiled with scans. :shy: I average about 1 every two weeks for one reason or another. Also, with twins, I’m given portable ultrasounds at each visit because it’s too difficult to find the separate heartbeats via Doppler (I don’t get pics with those though :x ).

Just recently had my 20-week anomaly scan and all is looking perfect. I am happy to announce I’ll be having a :blue: and a :pink: .
Nice to meet you all.

P.S. I hope everyone does not abandon this thread for the fb page, I’m not sure I’m ready to join under my real name (I’ve strictly not posted about being preggers on my fb page).

Welcome deucemom. My first was IUI and this one is Icsi as we had limited sperm left so wanted to make sure it was a sure thing in terms of fertilisation. Congratulations on the 2!

Re Down's syndrome - my husband and I had long long chats regarding this following our raised NT and when you're faced with the possibility of some horrific chromosomal issues then Down's was the least worrying outcome for us although challenging. We both felt that this wasn't something we would consider not continuing a pregnancy for although it was a daunting process. The key was to become informed and I have to say even though we both work in healthcare, we are now far less naive about it as a diagnosis - and therefore less scared. We got a low risk nifty so it's not something we have to think about now but it's an experience which will help me when I'm seeing patients and has altered my relationships with close friends with children with added needs. A friends child has a undiagnosed syndrome and therefore faces uncertainty on a daily basis. We're certainly a lot closer now.

On that note we had our fetal medicine appointment today and we've been given good news that our cardiac scans look good at20 weeks and we only need 1 more scan at 24 weeks! Such a relief and we have told the world we are expecting today!!! Can finally feel relaxed!

Blimey Carly lol not even got this one out yet!!! OH has said about us having a boy next but I keep telling him as nice and firmly as possible that this 100% my last baby!!! Xx

I was shocked, I thought this was it, I'll never say never, so see what happens. My mum said usually when you've tried for a long time (I came off the pill in 2012) then they usually come one after the other. :wacko:

Jox - I had to look it up yesterday because I also had no clue what it meant :lol: but it's Single Mom By Choice!

I'm in nesting mode :rofl: Cleaning house, washing baby clothes and other bits. Can't seem to sit still at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->