November Nuggets ~ 2016

Haha nah for now i am taking double the amount of iron until Monday when i will get my iron IV. My husband lovingly said i will be Iron Woman :D

So.... no November nugget for me! I had my baby girl on Oct 19th, at 37w6d! I went to my regular appointment on the 18th to find out that my BP was elevated. They said they wanted to induce me that day. I was only 1cm dilated. I immediately got my first dose of antibiotics because I was gbs positive. They then gave me a pill to ripen my cervix. I was stuck at 3cm for 14 hours before getting pitocin. I thought that I had progressed to 5, but the doc that checked me was very very off. So that was frustrating! 7 hours later I had progressed to 6cm, so they broke my water. I then decided to get into the birthing tub. I didn't have an epidural with my first 2 kids & didn't want to get one this time, but the pain was very intense. No joke, I told the doc that I wanted the epi & literally 5 mins later as I was stepping out of the tub, I felt the urge to push. So I never ended up getting it. Went over to the bed & I was 10cm & started pushing before everything was set up! 5 pushes & she was out. It was great! She weighed 6 lbs, 3oz & was 19"! She is such an amazingly chill baby & the perfect addition to our family! We are both doing great! Oh & PS- her & big brother now have birthdays 3 days apart!

sno I'm so surprised early baby glad all ended up going well for you and baby congrats!

Congrats snow!!

I need opinions ladies since there is no tmi here lol. Is this spotting?

https://i64.tinypic.com/fx57ur.jpg

So.... no November nugget for me! I had my baby girl on Oct 19th, at 37w6d! I went to my regular appointment on the 18th to find out that my BP was elevated. They said they wanted to induce me that day. I was only 1cm dilated. I immediately got my first dose of antibiotics because I was gbs positive. They then gave me a pill to ripen my cervix. I was stuck at 3cm for 14 hours before getting pitocin. I thought that I had progressed to 5, but the doc that checked me was very very off. So that was frustrating! 7 hours later I had progressed to 6cm, so they broke my water. I then decided to get into the birthing tub. I didn't have an epidural with my first 2 kids & didn't want to get one this time, but the pain was very intense. No joke, I told the doc that I wanted the epi & literally 5 mins later as I was stepping out of the tub, I felt the urge to push. So I never ended up getting it. Went over to the bed & I was 10cm & started pushing before everything was set up! 5 pushes & she was out. It was great! She weighed 6 lbs, 3oz & was 19"! She is such an amazingly chill baby & the perfect addition to our family! We are both doing great! Oh & PS- her & big brother now have birthdays 3 days apart!

Congrats Snow.

Hunni its very light but yes looks like spotting.

Congrats Snow. Sounds like an amazing birth :happydance:

Hunni, i think it is very faint spotting.

I knew I wasn't crazy...IRL it had a peach color to it. My mama is making me go back to the hospital

FX for you Hunni! :hugs:

Sn0w - yay! Congratulations on your baby girl! :cloud9: Glad your delivery went well & it sounds like you can look back on it as a good experience, despite the frustrations and pain you've experienced.

AFM - it won't be a November Nugget for me either. In my last post I mentioned my baby has macrosomia, or: is too big for gestation. Earlier I said it was estimated at 8lbs but I got my conversion wrong: baby was estimated to be 8lbs13oz or 4kg at 37 weeks. (37+3 today.)
Friday I had the 2hr test for gestational diabetes, which is known to be one of the causes for macrosomia, and surprise surprise, I tested positive. Better late than never I suppose and we're trying to focus on the baby.
Tomorrow afternoon I have that appointment with the hospital's OBGYN, and I'll be induced soon, possibly within days.

Oh goodness another early arrival on the way! Haha too bad they forgot to do that test for you sooner but atleast you know now best of luck with your upcoming induction and labor so exciting!

Just a minor update, yesterday I was having really bad contractions and baby heart rate went down to the 70s but went back up to normal once the contraction was over. This morning ultrasound showed her fluid has dropped back down to a 5. They said I could be heading towards an induction. Nothing was more scarier than seeing her rate drop like that.

hunni that's very low sorry for the scare sounds like they are keeping a close eye on you and baby so that's good! my little one seemed extra quiet moving enough but not as much as usual so we were up at labor and delivery for a quick non stress test they thought my blood pressure was high but retook it and it ended up being fine and babies heart rate was from the 120s to high 170s which they said showed a very healthy baby as she was moving alot so I'm reassured and just waiting for my appt for this Friday. 38 weeks tomorrow I can't beleive it getting so close!

hope all others are doing well! Katie did you have your baby yet?!

Sorry to hear hunni. Glad bubs is okay though. Do they know why fluids were so low?

That must've been really scary hunni! :hugs:
Wow so many early babies!
I went to get my iron IV and passed out twice according to my husband right after they stuck me with the needle.
I was never good with needles and blood so me almost fainting is to be expected but due to the fact that i hadn't eaten for a while cause they did all these other tests before i even got my IV it was too much.
Baby and i are fine though. All is good :D
I just hope that when they put in the IV access during labor i will be ok! I told my husband to open the window right away if he sees me starting to pass out again.
Scary for him, embarrassing for me but i guess it happens. Thankfully the doctor stayed calm until i was conscious again.

Glad everything checked out ok Hunni and Almost.

I've been vomiting since I got up and can't keep anything down. Not been in contact with anyone unwell had a few loose stools. Feel like a mess and exhausted :(

Hopeful did you call your obgyn? vomiting occurring later in pregnancy can mean to call your obgyn hopefully it's just. quick stomach bug though!

@Bay: they think I have a small hole somewhere that probably can't be seen

@Hopeful: hope it's nothing serious

@wtt: these Nov babies just didn't want to do right

Afm, They are doing a repeat ultrasound this morning. If her fluids are okay I can go home. If not they gone keep me, but they did want to deliver her Monday at 36 weeks... Just to give steroids enough time to work and so she can get a little more weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->