November Nuggets ~ 2016

Hello may I join? Just got my bfp yesterday....I think my due date will be 17th November...I'm in shock! :D

Welcome Quinn X

I paid for an early scan in my first pregnancy and must admit I feel it was a bit of a waste of money but that was before I needed reassurance.

So had my mw booking in appt, all done. Scan booked for Sunday morning, dating scan booked for 26th April too.

Hit 6 weeks and symptoms hit too. I am so tired its unreal and actually nearly just threw up :sick:

Hope ur all ok xx

Yey! Pleased you got your scan Jox, sorry your symptoms have kicked in!

I'm dreading the 6 week point, at the moment apart from random cramping and tender boobs I'm feeling fine, but I know that from next week nausea and vomiting is going to hit me 😟 Trying to remain positive, this pregnancy might be different.

Glad all went well at your appt Jox and I really hope your scan goes well Carly.

Carly, I had spotting up until like 15 weeks with my daughter. Could be totally normal!

Welcome & congrats to xQuinnx, hollyrose & Mocha_Baby XD! :hugs:

Today is my daughters 1st birthday & I also turn 6 weeks. I cried so much yesterday, I think I'm all out of tears!

welcome quinn and congratulations :hugs:

Jox glad the appointment went well hun, glad for the scan x

smiley, it's worth it for peace of mind, I booked at 8 weeks thinking the NHS scan would give me another at 12 weeks, not 10 :shrug: But since my last pregnancy was a MMC I really feel I need to check asap whether bubs is getting cosy or not :)

Aww happy birthday to ur little girl xx

Carly, I had spotting up until like 15 weeks with my daughter. Could be totally normal!

Today is my daughters 1st birthday & I also turn 6 weeks. I cried so much yesterday, I think I'm all out of tears!
Aww hun :hugs: :flower: happy birthday to your LO xx

Happy bday to your LO snowbunnie!

Jox Sunday morning!! Bet you can't wait!

That's reassuring thank you :hugs:

A big happy 1st birthday to your daughter :cake:

I am really worried Lucy might have slapped cheek syndrome. I have already been to the doctors with it twice but today it looks really bad. Slapped cheek can be very bad for the baby:cry:

I'm so scared smiley but need to know what's happening in there. I'm away Sunday night with my mum to a spa too so hopefully Sunday and Monday r gonna be really good days. Luckily the scan is nice and early coz I'd of hated to say I couldn't go at the appt they gave me!!! Xx

Oh no! What is it?? I've never heard of it.

What is slapped cheek syndrome?

Slapped cheek syndrome, also known as fifth disease, is caused by a virus called parvovirus B19. The main symptom is a blotchy red rash on your face. Other symptoms can include a headache, mild fever and sore throat.
However, in about 20-30% of infections, there are no symptoms.
Slapped cheek syndrome usually affects children. It’s thought that once you’ve been infected, you’re immune for the rest of your life. Studies have shown that 60% of adults in the UK have antibodies to parvovirus B19.
It’s difficult to avoid contact with people who have slapped cheek syndrome, because they may have no symptoms. Once the rash appears, the person is no longer contagious.
Complications during pregnancy

If you get slapped cheek syndrome during your first 20 weeks of pregnancy, there’s an increased risk of miscarriage.
If you become infected during weeks 9 to 20 of your pregnancy, there’s also a small risk that the baby will develop foetal hydrops. This is a serious condition, where a build-up of fluid develops in the baby’s body, causing complications such as heart failure and anaemia. Some babies can recover from foetal hydrops; however, the condition can be fatal.
There’s no evidence that having slapped cheek syndrome during pregnancy causes birth defects or development problems later in childhood.
Its quiet serious.

This is her. The doctor asked if I was pregnant but brushed it off.

Attachments

• 12804012_692830957521054_1755983000_n.jpg
    12804012_692830957521054_1755983000_n.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11
Darkriver it is very serious. A lady on here who was in our Feb 2013 group had serious issues with this. See a different GP if yours hasn't been helpful. Xx

Jox I think it will be good news for you and like Elmo said the other day I bet its twins or you may be further than you think because all your tests have been fab!

Oh my gosh, how scary, and that was really bad of your doctor!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->