November Nuggets ~ 2016

Dark river, I would definitely get a second opinion. Her cheeks look so red!! What r they treating her for? X

Thanks smiley, suppose I'll see on Sunday!! Lol I just want to know there is a baby growing in there after the blighted ovum :-(

Just had a pizza for tea! Oh is at work this evening so I might go to bed when the boys do and watch the soaps in bed. Nothing much planned tomorrow but at work Saturday night x

Got an appointment in the morning and I am insisting on the blood test. There not treating her. Keep saying she has a viral.

Darkriver your poor wee lamb xxx i agree with smileyfaces go and see a different gp and emphasize that your worried cause your pregnant x

Iv been trying to think up ways to tell our families we pregnant wont be telling them for at least 4 weeks wish i could hold off until 12 week scan but wont be able to do that :haha: how are you all telling your close family?

I spoke to my mum on the phone just after I got a BFP, then told my brothers and inlaws on mothers day.

Darkriver I can see now why you are thinking slapped cheek, get to a different dr right away you need to know. Hopefully you weren't pregnant when she was still contagious?? X

Jox so pleased you have your scan!!

Don't know how you guys have got private scans so cheap! They where all £100 round by me, the one I have got is £80 I think X

Dark so sorry I know all about that also called fifths disease I would let your obgyn know there's no treatment for your daughter once the red cheeks appear the contagious part it's gone you can get a blood test to see if you got it I work in a preschool and infants toddler room I got tested with first pregnancy and was fine good luck

Oh darkriver that looks bad, I hope it's not slapped cheek for the sake of you and her :hugs:

Elmo, took me some serious digging to find the one I had, otherwise I'd have been going to Liverpool :nope: :haha:

OH is back late again :cry: so we've got takeaway tonight, I've been craving a fat burger for a few days so that's what I'm having :rofl:

Ooh burger!!!!! I'm in bed, my headache has come back with vengeance!!

Scan local to me is £60 I think x

I don't even know if I get pictures included in mine I really hope so. We had jacket potato with tuna mayo and sweet corn, the site and thought made me nauseous as does everything at the moment but I made myself have a go and actually really enjoyed it and ate the lot! X

Just looked at our list on the first page, so many mummy's and babies :happydance:

All this talk of pizzas and burgers has made me order a takeaway lol! So naughty because I had a chippy earlier too :rofl:

Yes most scans here are £60 that I looked at but this one was £40 :shrug: probably won't have one anyway in all honesty but it is tempting!

DH is going away to Amsterdam on Sunday till Wednesday so we are tight with cash. Plus need to save for him going to Tenerife in June too for his brothers stag do!! Never ending.

I just looked on the first page didn't realize there was so many yet!! :happydance:

Hugs for headache Jox :hugs:

As for telling people...DH wants to tell his family. I'm in no rush! Might just get it over with next week to shut him up!

It's really weird other than my 3 best friends who I told when we found out and my mum, I just have no desire to tell anyone at all, another friend called in today and she asked what's new with me, it even crossed my mind that she might have seen posts on here as a friend who I no longer have contact with is a member on here but she isn't active anymore I don't think, I felt guilty not telling her but Just don't feel ready xx

Same Elmo! Normally I'm.bursting to tell people bit I'm just not bothered at all this time round. Told my best is and my boss lol. How exciting :haha:

This is totally me right now. :haha:

Q8gby.gif

1st scan booked for 2 weeks time. I'll be about 7.5 weeks. How many scans do you ladies get where you're from? We have 3...a dating scan at about 8 weeks, optional downs scan at 12 weeks (plus another blood test if you wish, also to check for downs) and a development scan at around 18. After that it's at your own expense unless your Dr refers you for health reasons.

Hi Pippy, do you know much about the downs blood test? I'm in Australia too, but i think this is a new thing as I don't think it was available ladt time i was pg.

I agree no desire to tell ppl I told my boss and cote aches for lifting reasons at work they asked when I would tell the other teachers but not feeling it right now haha. I am however dying to tell my ds and my parents and sister in law and dhs parents

I've said before, I'm not fussed about telling people, I could go all the way without muttering a word this time :shrug:

Hi Bay, nice to see another Aussie here :). The blood test is taken from the mother and is non-invasive. You have the blood test before the scan and you should get a referral for both after your dating scan. I know there is an invasive test that takes a sample from the placenta and also carries a small risk for miscarriage, my Dr said it's not necessary and the blood test is sufficient and has no risk...which is a relief as I'd like to have the test but was worried as I thought that the placenta test was the only one they did.

In the UK you get two scans as standard: one at 12 weeks (ish) to date your pregnancy and to do NT testing and then you have your anomoly scan at 20 weeks (ish).

You have more if there is a need for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->