November Nuggets ~ 2016

Congrats & welcome to bumble, maddy, bselck, aunt, ser & scarlett! :hugs:

Praying for you Disney & Holly!

My BMI is 33, which is like 5 point ahead of my pregnancy last year :blush: I knew I ate my MMC emotions away but didn't realise it was that bad :haha: smiley you might get away with it, in my notes it says;

"Antenatal Care
If your BMI is 30-34 you will be advised to have an appointment with a consultant obstetrician to discuss possible complications in labour"

I know it's unlikely but that wording is worrying :shrug:

Ahhh right. I don't have my notes yet! I have always had them from my booking appointment but this time they said they will only hand the notes over to me at 12 week scan for some reason. I have a midwife appt on Friday so I will ask about bmi x

I usually get the book/notes in the post but they seem to be moving everything over to online so I've got a paper wallet full of loose paper :haha: strange you aren't getting them until 12 weeks :shrug:

I haven't heard back from a midwife yet. I did a self referral online.

I had my booking appointment about a week and a half ago. Got my midwife appt at my GPs on Friday (no idea what the point of it is!)

When I was at hospital on Friday the nurse asked me if I'd recieved an email off the midwives?? I haven't, she said they're quite back logged so to ring them, but it's a nightmare trying to get through, they never answer.

Hi all what's for tea?

We have a farm shop fish pie in the fridge but I'm reeeeally fancying a fish tikka Balti and peas pilau rice from the take away! Maybe some chips too oh and onion bajis?!! Mmmmm

Eeek Carly hope they sort it soon x

Sounds good Elmo! I have made a chicken pie :) smells delish just waiting for it to cool a bit before I can tuck in

Welcome to all the ladies. Disney and holly hope you have a positive outcome

Disney if it makes you feel any better mine wasn't going to be until 7 weeks 1 day but I'm going a bit after that and I had a FET so seems early still I have a lot of hope for both you ladies! Disney do you have strong symptoms?

Your teas sound good, we're having an omlette, OH has a virus (really sore throat) so need something soft.

Disney if it makes you feel any better mine wasn't going to be until 7 weeks 1 day but I'm going a bit after that and I had a FET so seems early still I have a lot of hope for both you ladies! Disney do you have strong symptoms?

Hi almost. I had some strong cramps yesterday, but those have since gone away. My doctor said that's normal and to be expected, even if we saw something more than a sac on yesterday's ultrasound. I'm still tired, too. I never really had a lot of symptoms with my last pregnancy other than cramping every now and then and lots of fatigue, so I assume the lack of extreme symptoms is normal for me. My doctor is hopeful that she's wrong but has prepared us for bad news. We were told that best case scenario would be we see a baby measuring 7 weeks on Saturday. All other scenarios point to an abnormal pregnancy. My hcg definitely says I'm pregnant and is typical for someone as far along as I should be. She said that my body will continue to feel and act pregnant because I technically am either way. We'll learn more on Saturday.

At my doctors office, she typically does ultrasounds at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and 10 weeks for fertility patients. After 10 weeks, if everything looks good, the patient graduates to their regular OB for the remainder of the pregnancy. Aside from the initial hcg blood work to confirm pregnancy (2 days apart), they don't typically order additional blood tests unless they have a reason to. We've been paying for all of our fertility treatments (including the genetic testing) out of pocket since we blew through our $7,000 lifetime max on infertility services during our first IVF cycle back in 2013. We have one more normal embryo left. I'm still hoping for a positive outcome, but if we can't find success with this current pregnancy or that last embryo, we've come to the end of our line. The constant failures and road blocks are just too much to take emotionally, and while money isn't everything, the amount of money we have spent thus far is insane. The positive out of all of this is the daughter that is already here. I know that we are lucky that we got far enough to have her here with us, and for that, I will always be eternally grateful. :kiss:

Thanks to all of the ladies here for your support. I'll post an update once I learn more about what is going on. In the mean time, I'm doing my best to remain as positive as I can.

Disneyfan sending you a lot of love and really truly hoping for a positive outcome. I can't even touch on your experience and struggles having the children that we do. Having only a glimpse into that side of things when we where told OH was now highly likely infertile and saving for IVF, I can only begin to imagine what an emotional struggle this is for you xxx

Sending good vibes your way Disney fan :hugs:

First scan today in a couple of hours...kind of nervous now that the day is here.

I'm jealous of everyone's 6 week scans Goodluck tricky

Disney rooting for your little bean!

Wow Disney, thinking of you and hope all goes well on Saturday. Hope all goes well for you today too Twicky.

Everyone talking about healthy teas has made me feel guilty. I've eaten an obscene amount of Cadbury Creme Eggs today :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->