November Rainbow Babies

Hello ladies:flower:

Soooo...well turns out I might still have a healthy baby on november 22nd:happydance: I still had no bleeding this morning, so I went to the hospital for a blood test and a transvaginal U/S. I was expecting an empty uterus, but...my sticky little bean is there!! with a heartbeat:happydance: I just couldn't believe it!!! My hcg is still very low (744) and was 538 6 days ago, but it went up. CRL is 3.3 mm, with a GA of 5 weeks 6 days. Considering I'm exactly 6 weeks from LMP today I think it is a really good sign if the embryo is normal in size. I don't know about the heart rate though. I have an another U/S next thursday, and I really hope and pray my little bean will grow :)

Docs were surprised, but said it's happened before and that as long as the baby is growing and has a heartbeat, HCG means nothing. They also mentioned the vanishing twin syndrome. But twins don't run in my family, so I wonder.

Hi Melfly, something similar happened in my last pregnancy. I was getting my HCG monitored and it was rising as it should between 4- 5 weeks. Then between 5 and 6 weeks it wasnt rising as it should so I cried my eyes out. They decided to scan me anyway and sure enough a baby with a heartbeat measuring bang on at 6+2. It continued to grow sport on until 8+6 when the heartbeat stopped only because of my blood clotting thats been discovered. I was told that when tehy see a heartbeat HCG means nothing.
Ive just found out that Im pregnant again and Im not bothering with HCG this time around cos of teh stress it caused me last time. All sounds good for you x

Hi Ladies, Im a bit anxious to join you all but I see that you are all early on too.
I've just found out that Im pregnant again after 2 M/C so I too am praying that its 3rd time lucky.
I should be 5 weeks today going by my last period but I ovulated late so I know that Im only 16dpo today so more like 4+2.
Miscarriage tests revealed that I have a blood clotting problem so this time I need to get an early scan at 6 weeks and all being well start heparin injections and also progesterone. So far Im still taking a low dose aspirin a day. x

Blakesmom - I had a scan at 5+2 and the sonographer said she could see only a gestational sac measuring less than 5 weeks. 10 days later I saw a tiny little fetus with a HB and 10 days after that the fetus was much bigger and we even got to hear the HB!

I think at 5 weeks its absolutely normal to only see a gestational sac!!

Dahlia I think I have gained about half a stone, oops, I think most of it is blat as I am only going to the toilet about twice a week!

Babydust - My nausea is always improving but I think its also a case that we learn how to deal with it, rather than it is disappearing!!

I seem to have put on 7lb's but that did include a long weekend visit from my Mum, therefore meals out etc. Now the queasy/nausea is kicking in I seem to be off food nad am only managing ginger ale, so although I don't want to hurt bubs, losing a few lb won't hurt me either!

JKT - why are they waiting to start progesterone from your scan date? No idea about it really, just curious.

Beautiful- CONGRATS on your BFP-

Ladies lets try to keep positive. HAving said that I don't think I will be able to be totally chilled until I hold this baby in my arms!

Blakesmom: Things change sooooooooo quickly in First tri. You are still soooo early. When will your next scan be? I bet then you will see everything;)

Tuckie I was saying the same thing about getting excited about the nausea two week ago as I never had it before! But be careful what you wish for as a i did! lol! Now that I'm vomiting at least once a day that excitement has vanished, vanished, vanished!

Dahlia I'm right with you on the weight gain; Despite my daily vomiting ritual I have still gained 3lbs and my belly is no longer flat! I can't wait to have a proper bump that I can pat and rub!!!

Dancing- our bodies are changing rapidly....By week 7 our uterus goes from the size of a plum to an orange! The back ache, and tummy cramps that I think most of us get are just to make room for that growth, although every little twinge makes me a little worried but I just think it's trying to make room.

Happy weekend

Thanks for trying to help us remain positive. They haven't booked a follow up scan but I assume they will be calling on Monday to give me my hCG # and also to schedule a next one--I'm thinking I wont go sooner than next Friday even though I'm off Wed and Thursday this week as well...6 weeks 2 days seems to be a good point for more things to be visible...

Blakesmom - I had a scan at 5+2 and the sonographer said she could see only a gestational sac measuring less than 5 weeks. 10 days later I saw a tiny little fetus with a HB and 10 days after that the fetus was much bigger and we even got to hear the HB!

I think at 5 weeks its absolutely normal to only see a gestational sac!!

Dahlia I think I have gained about half a stone, oops, I think most of it is blat as I am only going to the toilet about twice a week!

Babydust - My nausea is always improving but I think its also a case that we learn how to deal with it, rather than it is disappearing!!

Thank you so much for your sharing your experience--The Tech did a great job to prepare me before hand, but I was really hoping I might get lucky and have SOME little glimmer of hope to hold on too--I wish I understood ultrasounds more to know what I'm looking at--the Tech was really great about explaining but everything is so weird looking!! My first ultrasound with Blake was @ 11weeks 6days so it was so easy to know what was going on since he was alive and well in there--since my MMC and them not explaining ANYTHING now I'm terrified of the ultrasound experience--didn't even tell DH I was going since it was such a rushed appointment the nurse made me go too.

justkeeptyrin- Congrats! Well the docs seem to know what your deficiency is now, so hopefully that'll do the trick!

Blakesmom- I would feel the same way, but it's true that being so early you're not guaranteed to see much at this time and even though you want to see more, it's just not time for that development yet. I'm sure it's all normal, and your next ultrasound should send some relief ; )

Babyjo- I keep daydreaming about a nice lil bump. My friend who's was around 15 wks when I saw her last is showing like she's around 20 wks or more. It's her third. I want to look pregnant too!

babydust, 12 wks will be so awesome! When is your next doc appointment, the same day as your U/S? Mine doc appt is right at 12 weeks, and since I'm getting a scan around 9.5 weeks I don't know if I'll get a 12 wk scan or not....

I seem to have put on 7lb's but that did include a long weekend visit from my Mum, therefore meals out etc. Now the queasy/nausea is kicking in I seem to be off food nad am only managing ginger ale, so although I don't want to hurt bubs, losing a few lb won't hurt me either!

JKT - why are they waiting to start progesterone from your scan date? No idea about it really, just curious.

Hi, basically they dont even think taht progesterone works and the miscarriage consultant is very reluctant to even put me on it. I had to more or less plead for it to give me the best chance. They never did come back with abnormal progesterone levels but then again they never took it at the right time of the month. Blood clotting has came back twice as elevated. I just need to know that Im giving myself the best chance possible!
Are you on anything Pink smarties? did you have any tests that revealed anything? Our miscarriages were at similar weeks x

Dahlia- my first midwife appoint ment is on Thursday, I will be 8+3 by LMP but by my early scan I will be 6+6. Not going to tell her ive had an early scan or see won't see me. Still a little worried about the scan putting me back by a week and 4 days! :/ so after this appointment mw will book me a scan which I'm guessing will be round about the first week in may.. Seems so bloody far away :( x

JKT -me and OH had karotyping (both 'apparently normal'!!) both my sets of blood clotting factors came back normal although my second one was fraction off the top end of normal. No lupus etc found. I self admin aspirin on bfp and was given 5mg folic acid my EPU after last set of bloods, again no indications just 'won't hurt' approach. 7dpo progesterone came back at 34.5 which I think was good, hope so, as its this same cycle I got my bfp!

babyd20 - Its good that you saw the hb, that's a good sign. When you had your early scan did they not offer you another one or were that satisfied with the scan? Maybe the mw will scan you sooner if you tell her you are concerned without telling her your your previous scan.

Baby- don't tell them about the scan until maybe after your scan/ next appointment is sorted out. I told my GP that my consultant scanned me at 5+6 and saw HB and now my "12" week scan is 2nd week of May! I can't believe I have to wait sooooo long! I will be about 13+5! I Wish I kept my mouth shut! Ive got to wait 6 LONG weeks! I'm so tempted to pay for a private one but think I could save the money and buy a first outfit for baby after 12 week scan instead. Shish! To 12 weeks and beyond....

Anyone bought any baby stuff yet?

Pinksmarties- she won't send me for a scan earlier just because I am concerned unfortunately :( I spoke to her over the phone and she won't even see me before 8 weeks! :( suppose its worth a try though.. Maybe if I beg.. And plead.. And cry a little lol! She might take pity on the poor pregnant lady ;) haha! Yea seeing the HB is a good sign.. But it just worried me that they put me back by a week and a half. Then again bean might just be growing a bit slower.. Maybe by the time I have my 12 weeker s/he will have caught up and might measure spot on? Cause thats quite common I think :)

Babyjo- No I don't plan on telling her! Cause then she will arrange my 12 week scan by my LMP dates.. If I tell her then I too will have to wait about 6 weeks for my scan! Like I say I might beg and plead for an early one and see where it gets me lol :p

Xx

i cant wait for my first scan on tuesday. i am excited and so scared. i dont even want to look at the screen unless the doc says everything looks good. whatever comes, but I am more prepared this time for the worst, hoping for the best :)

Is anyone else getting killer heartburn??? Wow, I have woken up in the middle of the night with it soo bad I can't even get back to sleep even after eating 3 Tums! Just wondering if anyone else is getting it this bad :/

Is anyone else getting killer heartburn??? Wow, I have woken up in the middle of the night with it soo bad I can't even get back to sleep even after eating 3 Tums! Just wondering if anyone else is getting it this bad :/

Yes! Everything seems to give me heartburn. It's so weird. I keep thinking that I'm in really trouble when I'm in the 3rd trimester if it's already this bad!

Yes! Everything seems to give me heartburn. It's so weird. I keep thinking that I'm in really trouble when I'm in the 3rd trimester if it's already this bad!

Me too! I am prone to heartburn anyway but not usually this bad everynight! At least I am getting my calcium intake from the rennies!

Hello GmansMom! Welcome and congratulations!

As for heartburn, I'll get it once in a while throughout the day. And I've had a few times where I'll get up fast after laying down, and some liquid will come up from my throat. Soms sort of reflux. Usually happens after I've drank a lot of orange juice and lay down after

I have been craving OJ so much lately!

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks for me! I'm almost approaching my milestone for when the loss happened. I'm will be busy this week so I hope it passes quickly and safely.

How are those of you feeling that have already passed that milestone? Do you feel pretty good since you passed it?

Hello GmansMom! Welcome and congratulations!

As for heartburn, I'll get it once in a while throughout the day. And I've had a few times where I'll get up fast after laying down, and some liquid will come up from my throat. Soms sort of reflux. Usually happens after I've drank a lot of orange juice and lay down after

I have been craving OJ so much lately!

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks for me! I'm almost approaching my milestone for when the loss happened. I'm will be busy this week so I hope it passes quickly and safely.

How are those of you feeling that have already passed that milestone? Do you feel pretty good since you passed it?

I have been all about the OJ too--that's funny!! My milestone will be 10weeks 6days---oh so far away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->