November Rainbow Babies

yay congrats for pink! ugh i hate the belly us when they make you have a full bladder. so uncomfortable i know what she means. when i had one done i guess i drank more than my bladder could hold and i begged them to let me go alittle. otherwise i think i would have went on the floor lol

The scans are so uncomfortable! They press so hard too! I felt like telling her to stop because she'll hurt my baby!

Also confession..... being slightly neurotic I ordered my sonoline B from amazon and it arrived today! OH will get mad at me for getting it so i will probably not try it out for a couple more weeks so i don't stress myself out....Anyone else going down this road?

Fabulous news Pink! Love the pic! :)

I am voting to not have a doppler at home...I am worried that I will freak myself out by not being able to find the HB, etc. I know many who have one and love it though! I guess I will see how I feel once I get further along!

Hello everyone. I hope everything is well with everyone!
I have my first ultrasound in 1.5 hours, and am scared sick!
The memories of the last ultrasound at 14 weeks where they told me my baby had died is haunting me so bad! I have betterflys in my stomach! I can't put myself in a place of thinking everything is fine. Although I have bad morning sickness, and have had very high betas. I am still scared!! Can't wait til it's over.

Aw! Hun! Fx for you! It is so hard to get over a previous bad scan. The time between when they are looking at baby and when they tell you baby is ok feels like an eternity! Keep us posted. x

hi everyone, this is my story..posted it on another forum coz i didnt this one existed!!
I am due in nov (18th) and i am very excited to be pregnant again after we lost our little angel Dec 2011! it was really tough and we really wanted that baby. I have a 3 yr old and because things went so smoothly when I was pregnant with him i thought it would be the same that time round. I had no morning sickness and was taking tests 3 months into the pregnancy because there were no symptoms, nothing. When we decided to give my little boy a sibling, again we got pregnant first time trying, one cycle later i was pregnant and was so relived (everything was so straight forward,...so i thought!) saw the heart beat at 8 weeks and all was well..got a fdunny feeling of anxiaty towards the 12 week can but put it down to nerves and then ofcourse went for my scan and there was no heart beat!
so had a miscarriage at the hospital and went home and then that funny feeling of anxiaty again and went for see my doc for a general check up..he had one look down there and said he was suprised i was still standing coz i had a huge terrible infection! so he called an ambulance (went to doc on my own while DH took our son to mcdonalds!) so ended up having a blood transfusion and a d&c! i was in shock to say the least and so glad i went to the doc when i did!
anyway, and so after another 2 cycles, we tried again and here i am 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant.. i just cant believe i am at this incredible place again! my DH said to not worry coz that wont change anything but to enjoy the time now...easier said than done but i have managed to do it. i am so enjoying being pregnant it's been amazing, and i have even felt queasy! (which i love lol)!!
so i am due in nov and would love to take this journey with anyone else who maybe had a similar experience to me and is pregnant again..have my first scan next week and i am super excited
happy to chat...thanx for reading my story!
mummyof 4 i have my first scan in 4 hours and i am excited and feel good about it, will let you all know how i go..and i my due date might change when i get the baby measured also..will see :)
excited!

yay congrats for pink! ugh i hate the belly us when they make you have a full bladder. so uncomfortable i know what she means. when i had one done i guess i drank more than my bladder could hold and i begged them to let me go alittle. otherwise i think i would have went on the floor lol

The scans are so uncomfortable! They press so hard too! I felt like telling her to stop because she'll hurt my baby!

Also confession..... being slightly neurotic I ordered my sonoline B from amazon and it arrived today! OH will get mad at me for getting it so i will probably not try it out for a couple more weeks so i don't stress myself out....Anyone else going down this road?

hi i was thinking i might get one but my DH said i would drive myself crazy and that is true i think but i would still sort of like to have one!! :happydance:

Welcome pcbs! :) Congrats and I hope you have a h&h 9 months!
Ladies, I thought about getting a doppler too, but I will probably drive myself nuts with it too! Haha, I think I still want one though :p

Hi girls I"m back :D

The video is not very good but I uploaded it anyway, little brother was so excited that missed the best parts, also sorry about the crying in the background lol I'm laughing and crying at the same time. The doctor keeps insisting that I'm too stressful for this poor baby lol, she's very sweet too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x45OrPzgFaY&feature=youtu.be

Thank you all :) I'm so happy that everything was good news... it is a good day!!

babydust - I mentioned that to my doctor and she said symptoms have nothing to do qith a healthy baby, she also said someone should block google in my computer cause I keep looking for bad stuff lol. I'm sure everything is ok with your baby too!

pinksmarties- So soon yay!! so we get more scan pics tomorrow!!!

Cata, beautiful...love this video and so looking forward to my scan later today!!! wont see as much as i am 8 weeks, but i am looking forward to seeing baby all the same :happydance:

I think I'm going to get a doppler when I'm around 17 weeks as we are going on holiday and I will want to make sure bean is okay whilst we are away x

PCBS-So glad you found us. Good luck with your scan!!!

Pink-So glad everything went well! YAY :)

Mommy-I so hope everything goes great for you today. Fingers Crossed! XX

Babyjo- I ordered my doppler yesterday. I used one when I was pregnant with DD pretty often until I felt her moving around alot. Pulled it out on occasion when to check up on her lol. I liked it alot!

I've neen the usual nauseated today. I confessed to my SIL (BFF) that I really was having a hard time wrapping my head around this pregnancy. I feel like I have my guard up incase something happens. Emotionally I don't feel as though I have connected :( I'm sure I'll connect eventually, just sorta sad it hasn't happened yet.

mommy- how'd the scan go? well i hope!

pcbs- welcome to our little group! congrats! I feel like I may have seen you in the loss section a few times (my MC was also in Dec 11), but it's great to see you here now.

pink- so happy your scan went nicely. I will be doing the same thing tomorrow- not looking or even opening my eyes until I sense everything is alright. Do they offer transvaginal in UK? I am surprised they didn't do it that way since you're still in the earlier stages. Mine tomorrow will be transvaginal at 9+3 and I don't need a full bladder for that!

babyjo- yes I would be excited too if my scan was moved ahead! : )

Alandsa- yes I take a prenatal prescribed from the doc; has folic acid and DHA built in, along with the other needed vitamins. There are plenty of different kinds here in the US to choose from, but I get the generic and that seems to be fine. And it has a nice orange cream flavored coating that makes it easy to swallow : ) lol

Klein- I am still safeguarding as well. Can't let my guard down fully until second tri

Tomorrow we are having a little party for my daughter's 5th birthday. My ultrasound is about two hours before, so I pray that everything will be alright. Can't believe my little girl will be 5 :cry: She'll always be my baby though!

I still have sore boobs, and take about an hour nap every day, but no MS or heartburn or anything else... so I hope that's okay

Ladies, we are slowly getting there! A few more weeks til second tri!

My scan went very well!! Baby's heartbeat was 167! My dates changed from the 22 to the 15. So yay!! I'm just about 9 weeks! I am so happy, guards taken down a bit, but I just want to get to 12 weeks my last baby died at 11 weeks! So almost there!!

Congrats mommy! Really glad your scan went well!

Dahlia- good luck with today! I hope your daughter has a lovely party! Does the time feel like it has gone by quickly now she is 5? When do you think you will tell her? With ultrasounds in the uk they always start trans abdominal then switch to transvaginal if they can't see what they want. It was so clear trans-abdominal this time though.

Pcbs- congrats that you are pregnant again after that terrible time. I hope your scan went well! Let us know how it went.
X

dahlia, thanx, yes i have been on the MC forums for a while and i am so happy to be on this one now..not long to go till second trimester...mommy, great scan result! mine died at 11 weeks too so waiting...but i feel amazing now that i ahve seen baby even though i got to see baby last time too, but this time it's different and everything feels different!
babyjo, thanx...scan update...

i have had my scan and i had started a scrap book for my angel baby and decided to jut carry it on for the rainbow one..here is the scrap book page i have started with today's pics...i could hardly look, i was so nervous and he took ages to tell me that it was all good and then we didnt see a heart beat and he said it was all good and i was getting mad coz i thought he was lying and then there it was, like amazing little heart beat..there is a little person inside of me..i am in awe...
2012-04-12 17.32.42.jpg

Use the "go advanced" window and then use the little paperclip if you are on a PC :thumbup:

Pcbs glad your scan went well too! A scrape book/ diary is a great idea. I started one last time and haven't had the guts to start again but your positive frame has made me think I will start one again tonight!

wow mommy, that nice they put you ahead! that's so exciting!

pcbs- I too shall start a scrapbook. I had one for my daughter that started with her scan pics up through her first birthday. Better to start now

I had my scan early today! The office called and asked if I could come in early, as the tech was going to leave early b/c she wasn't feeling well. I was nervous, but glad hubby got to come with me. They took just me in first and as she was looking around I heard her say there was a peanut in there, so I could breathe again : ) Then DH came in and she showed us the screen. Baby looked like a gummy bear and it was wiggling around! She said usually people don't see it move too much, so I was very happy. heartbeat was in the 160s
When we saw the doc for a minute to go over the ultrasound, she said that right now the placenta is covering the cervix (placenta previa). She said it isn't rare during early pregnancy, and that hopefully it will move up as the months go by, if not then I'll need a c-section : ( I'm not worried about it now, but I am going to look around and see how other ladies placentas went closer to delivery time.... Has anyone else on here with prior births been through this?
Also we haven't been having sex, because I am still too scared. Doc said we could try 'lightly," but if I spot then we couldn't continue to have sex. So that makes me not even want to try, because what's the point?

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
Aww! Dahlia fab gummy bear pics! Very cute! I have no idea about placenta previa but hopefully it will correct itself as the pregnancy continues! Congratulations on a great scan. x

SOOOO amazing! Congrats on the positive scans Mommy and Dahlia! I can't wait until mine! :)

Do any of you suffer from allergies? What do you use to ease them? I am pretty sure Benadryl is ok but I thought I would ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->