November Rainbow Babies

Congrats mommy! Really glad your scan went well!

Dahlia- good luck with today! I hope your daughter has a lovely party! Does the time feel like it has gone by quickly now she is 5? When do you think you will tell her? With ultrasounds in the uk they always start trans abdominal then switch to transvaginal if they can't see what they want. It was so clear trans-abdominal this time though.

Pcbs- congrats that you are pregnant again after that terrible time. I hope your scan went well! Let us know how it went.
X

Yeah I noticed a few people having abdominal scans early on. I'm in the UK but they always do vaginal scans this early on. Not looking forward to the abdominal ones due to having a full bladder lol

Beautiful scan dahlia :) as for the sex thing, me and OH have actually had sex quite a few times now, we just take it easy and are very gentle, I've not had any spotting or anything :) the first time I was really quite woRried but I had to remember and tell myself that sex DOESN'T cause mc.. But if I spotted I would freak out! So we're just careful but ive had no spotting :) x

Hi ladies! I would love to join you all and hope it's not too late to come on board! I started ttc in September of last year and fell pregnant right away only to discover that it was an ectopic pregnancy :( I had to wait a few months, and started again in January only to fall pregnant again and have a chemical pregnancy. Finally, in February I fell pregnant for the third time and now I am almost 10 weeks along! I'm hoping that this will be my rainbow baby, but am overcome with fear on a regular basis of something going wrong. I feel like i could use the added support and sense of community from a group of women who have also been through a loss.

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies!

tomorrow morning is an 8 week scan. I don't know why, but I am more nervous with this one than I was two weeks ago. Maybe it's because I didn't make it this far last time... IDK. Either way, I am a wreck. I am actually happy that it is first thing in the morning so I don't have to fret about it all day. Sigh.

Welcome Gwenlovey! I am sorry for your losses, but of course it's great that you can join us here. We all have our fears. After a loss it's very hard to just let go and believe that everything will go as planned, because we know it doesn't always work that way. But I hope these babies are all here to stay with us : )

Gman- I was so nervous today as well, just try to keep calm and that's the best you can do. Good luck tomorrow, and pop in with a pic if you can : ) I think once second tri gets here we'll all be a little better off

Hi Gweny- sorry for your previous losses but yeppie for reaching almost 10 weeks! Do they scan you regularly? It will be such a big sense of achievement when we hit 2nd tri but.....

When do you ladies count 2nd tri??? Some count it as 12 weeks, 13+6 or 14?

Gmans- good luck with your scan tomorrow! x

yay auntylolo! 10 is double digits : ) kinda like how when you're little kid and you hit them... it makes you feel so good!

wow mommy, that nice they put you ahead! that's so exciting!

pcbs- I too shall start a scrapbook. I had one for my daughter that started with her scan pics up through her first birthday. Better to start now

I had my scan early today! The office called and asked if I could come in early, as the tech was going to leave early b/c she wasn't feeling well. I was nervous, but glad hubby got to come with me. They took just me in first and as she was looking around I heard her say there was a peanut in there, so I could breathe again : ) Then DH came in and she showed us the screen. Baby looked like a gummy bear and it was wiggling around! She said usually people don't see it move too much, so I was very happy. heartbeat was in the 160s
When we saw the doc for a minute to go over the ultrasound, she said that right now the placenta is covering the cervix (placenta previa). She said it isn't rare during early pregnancy, and that hopefully it will move up as the months go by, if not then I'll need a c-section : ( I'm not worried about it now, but I am going to look around and see how other ladies placentas went closer to delivery time.... Has anyone else on here with prior births been through this?
Also we haven't been having sex, because I am still too scared. Doc said we could try 'lightly," but if I spot then we couldn't continue to have sex. So that makes me not even want to try, because what's the point?

Awwwww Dahlia!!!! What an absolutely gorgeous scan photo!!! I am absolutely over the moon for you <3 xxx

Hi ladies! Well I had my 10 week appointment today, and for the most part everything looked great! We found the heartbeat on the transvaginal ultrasound and my midwife used the doppler and we heard it around 165 bpm! The one thing that slightly concerned me is that I am measuring at 9.5 days when I should be 10.1. At all of my earlier scans I was consistently measuring correctly, so I didn't like to see this one three days behind. Midwife was not concerned and said it's normal....so I'm hoping it true!! She was also very optimistic and said everything looked great. My next scan is in 2 weeks when I'll be 12 weeks along! I can hardly believe it :)

Hi girls,

I'm sorry for disappearing again but when something weird happens that's what I do until I find the strengtht to deal with it.

On the 10th, the day of my scan I received an email with a facebook link, stupidly I clicked on it just to see my boyfriend and baby's father with his family :wacko: he is MARRIED, he told me he had a daughter and on the pics I saw a little boy that looks just like him. I'm a grown woman but even when I tried to stay calm I honestly had a couple of crappy days until today that I told my brother and sister, I guess I had to spit it out.

I didn't know because I met him on the cruise ship where we both worked, and when he went on vacation about two weeks ago he flew to his country so yeah :dohh: I feel a bit dumb but oh well, as my best friend said: be grateful to him for giving you what you always wanted even when he's a scumbag lol

On a happier note, I noticed that my scan pics say 10 w 5 d, but that day I was 10 w 1 d, would that change my due date? I have the NT scan on the 24th so I guess the doctor will let me know too but I was just wondering :blush:

pink - Your scan pic is lovely <3 I'm glad everything went great!!

pcbs - Welcome and I hope everything goes great this time :)

mommy - Yay on your scan! I hope time flies so can feel more secure :hugs:

Dahlia - I love your pics! so cute, I have read about this placenta previa hing and also that it normally corrects itself as the pregnancy advances.

Gweny _ Welcome! :D this is a very nice group, all the ladies here are very supportive *hugs all* I'm glad your appointment went well :)

I won't run away anymore :flower: hugs to all

Cata-:hugs::hugs: aw! That's aweful that you had to find out the way you did! How do you feel emotionally? Have you confronted him about it! What could he possibly say for himself! I hope you remain strong! Wow what a thing to find out after such an amazing day of your scan. :hugs:

Gwen, glad your appointment went well! I think the most accurate time to date a pregnancy is at 12 weeks and couPle of days so although it's hard try not to worry! They also can have growth spurts on and off!

HOLY MOLY Cata--what are you going to do?? I'm probably a horrible person for asking this but don't you think his family should know about what kind of double life he was leading and that you have his baby on the way?!?

Cata-:hugs::hugs: aw! That's aweful that you had to find out the way you did! How do you feel emotionally? Have you confronted him about it! What could he possibly say for himself! I hope you remain strong! Wow what a thing to find out after such an amazing day of your scan. :hugs:

Gwen, glad your appointment went well! I think the most accurate time to date a pregnancy is at 12 weeks and couPle of days so although it's hard try not to worry! They also can have growth spurts on and off!

Well I'm kind of ok :shrug:I mean of course I feel like crap but life goes on. I haven't had a chance to confront him as he has just emailed and not called since Sunday, I'm sure he will just deny it and turn it around making it look like my fault for not trusting him lol, guys sometimes do that,. i honestly don't know if I should talk about it as calm as i can or just tell him all the bad words I learned during my whole life like a dirty sailor :blush:

HOLY MOLY Cata--what are you going to do?? I'm probably a horrible person for asking this but don't you think his family should know about what kind of double life he was leading and that you have his baby on the way?!?

Lol you're not horrible, but I don't think I want to do that... not because of him I honestly couldn't care less about his soul right now but I feel sorry for his wife, he's a player I always had the feeling, and she probably has it too I mean they're married, I don't want to be the one ruining everything for her IDK maybe I'm being mean trying to be nice I just... bad karma scares me and I don't want to be responsible for someone else's sadness :(

Hi ladies,
Wondering if I could join you??
I'm Lauren, 19 and 11 weeks today with my rainbow. I am due Nov 3.

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in November last year. I went to the doctor's with bleeding and was told everything was alright (on the Friday) only for the ultrasound at my booking appointment on the Wednesday to show an empty uterus. Was absolutely devastating and couldn't understand. Started ttc again at the end of Jan. I had a dating scan at 7 weeks and everything is fine. Had the worst nausea and vomiting (on anti-nausea meds), sore boobs, indigestion and reflux, as well as sooo tired. But I'm kinda glad.as they're symptoms that baby geno is there. I am just dreading my booking scan on Apr 30th and getting the same news :/
Look forward to being able.to come here and share my worries when I get all panicky, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->