November Rainbow Babies

Babydust there are some early pregnancy units that you can self refer to. There is a list I think on nhs website and they will scan you same day. Hopefully you have one near to you. x

https://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/FindUs1.asp

Actually this is the website I used last time. HTH

Babydust, sorry to hear you have had some bleeding. Waiting until Saturday sounds horrendous to me, I think you should have a look on the EPU website and see if you can book yourself in for a scan earlier in the week :flower:

Hope you are okay xx

BabyDust I hope everything's ok,my fingers are crossed for you xxx your hospital should have an EPU and you should be able to be scanned the same day. If you're bleeding I wouldn't settle for Saturday xx

Babydust-Thinking of you. I agree with the other ladies, I would try to get a scan today. I hope the scan goes well and eases your mind!

Hi,
I would like to join to please it would be great to have some buddies in the same boat.
We have been TTC for almost 2 years after a healthy baby boy who is now 3.

I have had 3 miscarriages in succession, aug 2010 at 9 weeks, October 2010 at 6 weeks and may 2011 at 6 weeks, then nothing! After being prescribed metformin and clomid we were glad but anxious to get a positive result early March. I'm approximately 9 weeks. Luckily my doctor and consultant have been great and a scan at 6 weeks 6 days showed a heartbeat and a scan last week approx 8 weeks 4 days still showed a heartbeat and growth. I now wait for 12 weeks and I'm pulling my hair out with worry!

They've recommended I continue with the metformin and start baby aspirin so I'm popping pills.

I'd love to get excited but I just can't yet even though I have tried. Roll on 12 weeks!!!

My scan on saturday IS the EPU! It doesn't matter anyway. I don't think there's any hope. Lost all my symptoms and now this. If there is still a healthy baby in there it will be a miracle. I just wish I knew why this is happening to me, I'm 20 years old and should be able to have a health pregnancy. Right now I can't help but think there must be something wrong with me

My scan on saturday IS the EPU! It doesn't matter anyway. I don't think there's any hope. Lost all my symptoms and now this. If there is still a healthy baby in there it will be a miracle. I just wish I knew why this is happening to me, I'm 20 years old and should be able to have a health pregnancy. Right now I can't help but think there must be something wrong with me

Babydust I am so sorry that you are going through this! I can't believe an epu is making you wait that long!!! I think that wait is totally unexceptable for any woman! What part of the country are you in if you don't mind me asking?We are here for you during your wait if you need to vent or talk about anything!x

Babydust I am so sorry that you are going through this! I can't believe an epu is making you wait that long!!! I think that wait is totally unexceptable for any woman! What part of the country are you in if you don't mind me asking?We are here for you during your wait if you need to vent or talk about anything!x

I can't believe they are making me wait this long either tbh hun. The doctor told me "I know you are probably worried and you want a scan today but it's just the way the system works" REALLY?! I always thought EPU's were there for EMERGENCIES, I refuse to believe that there are that many women miscarrying in my area that they can't fit me in til Saturday! I'm so angry right now that I have to wait that long. As usual I am prepared for the worst but OH is being positive.. Just like he was last time only have his heart broken. I suppose the plus side is that I'm not bleeding alot and its not bright red, I'm not in any pain either, surely I would have some pain at 9 weeks? But if the worst does happen it will be so much harder for us this time, especially after seeing a heartbeat :(

Babydust - I had bleeding with this BFP and when I first rang up the EPAU booked me into a routine appointment. Then the bleeding increased more the next day and after they knew this they said for me to come in on that day! So I would say to ring up the next day, tell them the bleeding is heavier and you are going to A&E. they might do what they did to me which is say "no, come to us instead and we will scan you now"

You have to tell them the bleeding has got worse to get the same day scanning! Good luck and remember although we have had spotting that ended up being a MC. It doesn't mean it will be the same again :hugs:

Hope - yes it's really hard not to worry next time round. Not having your period in between makes no difference at all. It is quite common to hear of people getting their BFP straight after MC with no issues :)

I have had a scan at 6 weeks due to spotting and all was well. Had another at 8 weeks and again all fine, so it can be okay straight afterwards :hugs:

I'm excited to see what fruit I will be tomorrow :)

Hi Vicky! So sorry for your losses but so glad you got your BFP! I hope this is your rainbow baby!!! You deserve one :)

I am on a long term trying to conceive graduate board and someone posted this awesome link for using a doppler! Thought I would share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQfZ754geM&feature=player_embedded

My sonoline B doppler CAME IN TODAY!!!! I watched the video and was able to find it in less than 2 minutes. It was great. I had a good cry. I also videoed it (just for the audio) to send it in a text to DH and my mom. YAY :)

Here's yesterday's scan pic at 10w1d. Baby Klein is on its head, sorry I didn't rotate the pic.

Attachments

• Aprils Iphone 001.jpg
    Aprils Iphone 001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8
babydust- so sorry about all this. But like Alansdsa said, there are reasons other than MC why it could be happening. I know you want to be up front with reality, and you know the heartache of loss, so you don't want to kid yourself, but maybe it could be alright in the end. I hope you can somehow get in today for a scan.

Hello Vicky and congratulations! How are you feeling, any symptoms? So far for me boobs are still going strong, but that's it! And I feel like I'm getting fat since my belly is getting a bit full. There better be a baby in there! ; )

It's now bright red and clots, rang EPU, earliest they can get me in for is tomorrow at 3.20. But the midwife says it sounds like a misscariage. I just want to know why this is happening to me, I an only 20 I should be able to do this but my body wont let me. I can't help but think something is wrong with me. If I can't have children then what is the point in anything anymore if I cant have the only thing I have ever wanted. Sorry I have to leave you all, hope you all have a happy and healthy 9 months

Babydust-I'm so sorry this is happening. I know it's hard to still have hope. If it truely is a mc, it could be a simple thing needed to be corrected, such as progesterone or asprin. You can have that corrected and if your up to it be pregnant next cycle! We know you can conceive w/o issues! Please keep us posted and I am praying for you. :hugs:

BabyDust my fingers are still crossed for you,sending you lots of love xxxxx

babydust i am thinking of you. I know how you feel i too had two miscarriages and felt like whats the point if i cant even do what i was designed to do? but we now live in a day and age where medicine can help you to have your baby. I am praying for you love.

I'm so sorry Babydust, you must feel so scared :( are you able to stay off work tomorrow and rest before your scan? Thinking of you :hugs:

Really sorry for you babydust. you are in my prayers. x

The NHS won't do any tests until you've had 3 miscarriages :( Oh, and get this, even though work know what is happening, they want me to provide a sick note. They want a sick note for a mc? Like I don't feel shitty enough they are being arsey over me not going to work!!! And I know this is definately an mc, I can read my body like a book. And I'm in alot of pain now x

Babydust, I'm so sorry that you are going through this scary and difficult time. Thinking of you and hang in there! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->