November Rainbow Babies

I'm 12 weeks today :headspin:

One Doctor said I need to get to 14 weeks, but I'm silently celebrating :haha:

I've never been on a fight but I was ready

:rofl:!!!

What a strange dream Cata. Last week the day before my scan I dreamt that the Dr said she saw a HB but unfortunately it was going to stop next Wed. WTF?! :haha:

Klein - I wish it was baby but it was higher up so I am thinking a trapped nerve or muscle spasm.

xoxo

well i am pretty sure my nausea fit yesterday was from food poisoning because today i feel almost back to normal lol. well that is what i am hoping becuase that was miserable. and i work in a restaurant and being in the kitchen last night smelling all the food was the worst experience for my stomach ever. but today it seems gone so yay! now i can celebrate my good scan :happydance:

babyjo-That's great that he tested negative! Goodluck w midwife appt, any idea what they will do? As for the throwing up, I have heard of women being perscribed meds for that, I am going to request some on Monday's dr's visit. Just in case I need them. I know several others on the meds there are quite a few out there. Are you taking anything like that or thought about it?

I am feeling more confident the closer I get. Maybe just maybe, everything will be ok!

Dancing-Ew... that sounds horrible! So glad your feeling better today! YAY for great scan!

Had my scan last week, then my DS#1 turned 4 and family traveled from all over... then a crazy week.. so... Yay! Bean looked great. Here's to a great next appt too so I can breathe.
https://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7176/bean2o.jpg

Gmansmom, lovely scan pic, they look so small in that big sac at that stage, don't they!

Lol Klein I love your stories! There are so many parenting books out there but I think I'm just going to trust my instincts when little one arrives!

Blakesmom and dancing congratulations with you appointments and scans today!

This week I had to have genetic counselling because they found from my bloods that I carry the gene for thalasaemia. OH tested negative so no more stress. I can't even contemplate if he was positive because it's a terrible disease! Few!

Finally I have my first midwife booking in appointment on Monday!

Cata your dream was crazy! I hardly ever remember mine. I happy for you that you feel more relaxed about your situation. You will do great!

Only a slight let up on my ms. I've been vomiting daily for five weeks and I'm kinda getting used to it. My staple diet is bread and fizzy drinks. When I can't keep much down lemonade gives me energy because it's packed with sugar. I never used to drink the stuff but given I've lost half a stone I will eat and drink what I can. Baby is apparently taking everything it needs from me..... It's my hair and nails that will break.

Anyone feeling more confident as time is ticking and we near the 12 mark?

So glad your OH was neg for the testing : ) what a relief.
I am feeling sort of more confident, but then my mom will always say "This is it and everything will be fine." But it upsets me because I don't know that everything is alright. I feel just fine! Even though I loved my last scan, cannot wait until Wednesday to hear that heartbeat on the doppler.

well i am pretty sure my nausea fit yesterday was from food poisoning because today i feel almost back to normal lol. well that is what i am hoping becuase that was miserable. and i work in a restaurant and being in the kitchen last night smelling all the food was the worst experience for my stomach ever. but today it seems gone so yay! now i can celebrate my good scan :happydance:

I had one day, last month, where I felt like absolute crap. Now that I think about it maybe it was food poisoning. I had a slight fever, not over 100. And nausea all day. Ate about 10 crackers that day and that was it. Next day I was totally fine. Glad your feeling better though.

Gman- Your scan is so cute. It's very clear

Shar-congrats on 12 weeks!!!! I'd be celebrating too!

Gmansmom-Great scan pic!

I gave myself my progesterone shot for the first time today. I totally shocked myself. DH was sleeping and I thought I'd give it a try. It's such a hard angle to put a shot in your hip though AND it takes 2 minutes of holding and squeezing the syringe. My hands started shaking lol. I did it though. Good to know I can stab myself if I have to lol.

Happy 12 weeks Sharon! Must be so relieving, I can't wait to get there myself! I have a scan on Friday and I'm so nervous!!

Gmansmom, what a beautiful scan!

I also had food poisoning or some kind of 24 hour bug last weekend, it was terrible. I've heard that something is going around. I could not get out of bed for a whole day, felt terribly nauseous, and barely ate anything all day. I also had a slight fever, threw up, and had terrible diarrhea. Then I woke up the next morning and I was all better.

Eeek my doppler arrived and I found a heartbeat within 5 mins :wohoo:

So I was surprised they didn't do my scan internally, but not complaining!!

Attachments

• DSC_2781.jpg
    DSC_2781.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7
That's awesome you gave yourself the shot Klein! So you have to do one every day? And will they ever have you stop it or will you continue all the way through.

Gwen- thank goodness you're feeling better. We both had a taste of what MS felt like ; ( I couldn't imagine feeling like that all day like some of the ladies. I do feel for them.

Sharon- expert heartbeat finder right there : )

Blakesmom- I see a baby! Nice pic!

I have a question, how many of you have told FB you're expecting? It will be a big deal for me, because right before I wanted to announce last time, I found out I had a MMC. I"ve been dreaming of being excited about this pregnancy, and I think when I can put it on FB it will feel all that more real.

My appt is on Weds and I'll be 11+2 (supposed to be my 12 wk appt). I am debating whether to tell when I reach 12 weeks, or whether to just wait until 16 weeks and have heard the heartbeat again.

I have a question, how many of you have told FB you're expecting? It will be a big deal for me, because right before I wanted to announce last time, I found out I had a MMC. I"ve been dreaming of being excited about this pregnancy, and I think when I can put it on FB it will feel all that more real.

My appt is on Weds and I'll be 11+2 (supposed to be my 12 wk appt). I am debating whether to tell when I reach 12 weeks, or whether to just wait until 16 weeks and have heard the heartbeat again.

Keeping things hush hush at the moment personally, but each week it does get harder, we are telling family probably next weekend I will be over 9 weeks, and 1/7 co-workers know and my boss knows. My joke is I will tell everyone when I'm in the delivery room, but might announce after I hit the 2nd tri...

well i was waiting until i was out of 1st tri to tell my coworkers but the place is quite gossipy and i always used to get a beer after my shift at work and now i turn it down so i know they suspect something. especially since i have been so queasy there because i work around food. my family just found out after my 10 week scan i couldnt wait anymore :) after two miscarriages i didnt want to get them excited and sad again so im so happy that i can tell them this time

I didn't put any of my past pregnancies on FB (which I'm glad I didn't now) and I'm waiting until after the 1st tri if I do put it on this time. I'd like to be at least 13 weeks before I make any announcements to our extended families and friends.

Shar-YAY!!! That's great :)

Dahlia-I get to stop at week 12. I'm not sure, supposidly it is safe to STOP the shots at 12 weeks when the placenta produces the progesterone itself. I am going to ask about weaning myself off though. The thought of just stopping it cold turkey, it just makes me so nervous.
As for FB. When we experienced infertility last year I had to stop getting on regularly. Everyone had their weekly updates that was being posted on there and not being able to get pregnant after my last mc hit me hard. During that time I got hacked and haven't been on since. If I was on though I'd be excited to annouce it and prob announce it at 12 weeks. For me personally, I wouldn't opt for the weekly apps/updates to be posted though.

I've been looking for a maternity bathing suit all day online. I'm worried if I don't get one soon then they will be hard to find. What do you girls think? I have to have a halter top for support! Not sure about the one with the small straps though.

Attachments

• 0733s11.jpg
    0733s11.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0751s12.jpg
    0751s12.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 13977039_243x243_pad.jpg
    13977039_243x243_pad.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MA-JENNIsm.jpg
    MA-JENNIsm.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 29
  • PG1510BRNsm.jpg
    PG1510BRNsm.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 29
I have told my immediate family and dh's immediate family and my closest friends know as well. I couldn't have kept it from them anyways as I always enjoy a glass or two of wine and me turning it down would have been a dead give away. I'm still nervous about announcing it more publicly though..I think that after my scan on Friday at 12 weeks I"ll start telling people that I know. Then maybe after 16-18 weeks if all is alright I might start acknowledging it on facebook.

Klein, I love the the 2 bathing suits on the right in the row of 4 pictures! Those are so cute and are getting me excited to do some summer maternity shopping!

Klein, yeah I would be unsure about stopping the shots cold turkey. Can they still monitor the progesterone your body will be making to make sure everything is okay?
Bathing suits... I was just looking up being in the sun while pregnant, and I guess it's okay for a bit, but make sure to stay hydrated and put some sun block on. Personally, I like the bathing suits that have a skirted bottom. I bought a Jantzen black skirted bottom few months ago from a site online, anticipating that I would be pregnant this summer. It's not an actual maternity suit, but I think it will still fit me the right way. I bought black so I could mix and match with the tops I already have. I have a few bikini tops as well as a new tankini top that I got on clearance at Target. So I have some options. I like the pink one and the zebra one you picked out.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'll just go with the flow and whenever it feels right, I'll do it then. I may even wait until 16 weeks though, but by then I'm sure I'll have some sort of a bump. Here I am thinking ahead again, but I can't wait til we can post some nice bump pics : ) :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->