November Rainbow Babies

Well ladies, I had my first scan on Wednesday and the baby was great. Had a heartbeat and measured 8weeks 2days. Yesterday I started spotting and today had a scan with no heartbeat. It is amazing how quickly things can change. I opted for at home medical management and the doctor gave me pills that will help my body miscarry. I'm not going to take them until after work tomorrow because I have wednesday and thursday off. My body is definitely starting on its own though, cramping is starting to kick in full gear tonight. Two angles makes it really difficult to want to try again. I really pray that all your rainbow babies make it to the end of this journey.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, it must be so difficult after seeing that reassuring little heartbeat :hugs:

xx

Hi girlies, lots of activity around here :)

Hayley - Welcome!!I hope time flies until the 8th :) having nice people around
definitely makes thing easier *points at other girls in the thread* everyone
here is awesome :)

babyjo - Im glad you feel better :) I had no symptoms until a couple of days
ago, heartbuern is killing me lol

auntylolo - That's awesome that you had a good scan and videotaped it!
hope everythiong goes well with your blood tests :hugs:

Dahlia - that;s good that you symptoms are decreasing :) it is hard to believe
everything is ok if you don't really feel pregnant but soon we will get our
bumps and then we will feel pregnant all the time lol.
I really hope everything goes well for your brother's GF and babies :flower:

Klein - yay for a great scan! :) we are so close to 2nd tri!! It scares me too
to leave the progesterone :s It has been such a great help and I feel as if I
stop something could happen, but I guess it won't, and I pray it won't.

I had my NT scan today at 12+1w and surprise! baby is measuring 13+1 so I'm due October 29th :shrug: I hope I don't have to leave lol my baby is now an October baby :wacko:

Doc said everythig was ok, baby didn't cooperate much and insisted on kicking me lol the doctor (OMG so handsome!!) looked at me, smiled and said: honey that baby is going to give you a hard time after birth lol :baby: I said yay!

Well they gave me a video so this time you won't have to hear me crying in the back :blush: I think baby looks squished in there :s could it be because Im a big girl? or my constipation?

I added some music to the vid <3 the first song is in spanish sorry about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995VI96aNOU&feature=g-upl&context=G2d21e01AUAAAAAAAAAA

Hope-So sorry for your loss.:nope: I was reading back thru your posts and ran across where you said if something goes wrong you'd be upset due to not having a period in between. Don't blame yourself. I'm sure if it was meant to be, that a cycle in between wouldn't of mattered. I hope that you find peace and can move forward and get your sticky bean when your up to it. Don't give up yet, too many have had 2 mc and then went on to have a forever baby. Sending you prayers.

I'm doing ok through all of this. I know it was a situation I had no control over so I'm trying not to blame myself or events such as the cycle. DH is taking this one very hard though. It breaks my heart to see his heart breaking which I think is helping me be stronger so I can be a support for him. My doctor referred me to an Endocrinologist so we may pursue that option. I'm only 24 so I'm not ready to give up yet.

Cata-So great you had a great appt and little one is measuring big!

Hope-I referred myself to the endocrinologist after my second mc. For me I feel it was the right decision. I was lucky enough to get in w/o a doctor referrel, I feel my ob would of wanted another loss to refer me (since I have 2 live births). I'm not sure exactly what caused my other mc's but I feel in my gut it had to do with progesterone. For me, they check bloodwork levels and you have weekly ultrasounds. The level of monitoring you is totally different. It's a more hands on, if something happens then we need to find out answers to help prevent it from happening again.
Oh yea, your young...they'll get you all straightened out :)

Cata! that video was AWESOME! Thank you for sharing, and of course you can stay! Question, were you measuring big at your last scan? I would love to be a week further along than I thought!

Lolo- congrats on your nice scan, and how nice that you'll be able to show it to DH.

Hope, Klein had some good advice. Progesterone seems to be an easy fix once they figure it out. Sometimes others can help us be stronger, so it's good that you feel that way.

hmm.. i just realized that my next appt is in four weeks and the doc told me to come back in two weeks. guess i should call. lol i dont want to wait four weeks if i dont have to:winkwink:

Cata-So great you had a great appt and little one is measuring big!

Hope-I referred myself to the endocrinologist after my second mc. For me I feel it was the right decision. I was lucky enough to get in w/o a doctor referrel, I feel my ob would of wanted another loss to refer me (since I have 2 live births). I'm not sure exactly what caused my other mc's but I feel in my gut it had to do with progesterone. For me, they check bloodwork levels and you have weekly ultrasounds. The level of monitoring you is totally different. It's a more hands on, if something happens then we need to find out answers to help prevent it from happening again.
Oh yea, your young...they'll get you all straightened out :)

Thanks so much, I will definitely make an appointment especially after everything you just said. That is definitely the right decision for me. I doctor told me as well that you should have 3 losses before a referral but he told me that was just cruel. I was very impressed with this doctor.

Cata- I watch your video and it was incredible. I saw in your signature that you have had 4 mc and now your 5th seems to be your sticky bean. I admire your strength to get through all of that and keep trying. I hope to have strength like you and not give up until I get a baby in my arms.

Had my appointment today. Heard a heartbeat at 160! She literally had the doppler at the bottom of my pubic bone. She said that it was the lowest position she's ever heard one at, because they usually don't hear one until closer to 12 weeks. So I was crying and I was very happy.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks! But I think I'll get though easier knowing that all went well today. The doctor asked if I wanted to get the blood panel done that will accurately detect if the baby has down syndrome. I'm not sure... is anyone else getting the blood panel done? Apparently it's a very new thing, and can be done at up to 16 weeks I think

Thank you klein and dahlia :) I'm extremely happy :D

Dahlia - At my last scan 10+1 w the doctor didn't mention anything but the scan pic says 10+5 w so i was 4 days ahead, then yesterday's scan was exactly 2 weeks later and baby was measuring one week ahead total. It was a different doctor and he said: honey you have your dates wrong :s I said I have no idea because I just had a mc in January so no period on the middle, baby was measuring 6 w on March 10th so umm I guess he or she is growing quickly lol.

Hope - I had 3 mcs very close to each other a long time ago, like 10 years and well I got pregnant in January this year thinking everything would be ok just to live the same nightmare again. I got pregnant the very next cycle and I was terrified :wacko: but in my case progesterone has made all the difference.
Never loose hope hun, I was sure that was it for me and life proved me wrong... I still get scared sometimes but each day that passes makes things better.
God will bless you with your baby hun, have faith :hugs:

Had my appointment today. Heard a heartbeat at 160! She literally had the doppler at the bottom of my pubic bone. She said that it was the lowest position she's ever heard one at, because they usually don't hear one until closer to 12 weeks. So I was crying and I was very happy.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks! But I think I'll get though easier knowing that all went well today. The doctor asked if I wanted to get the blood panel done that will accurately detect if the baby has down syndrome. I'm not sure... is anyone else getting the blood panel done? Apparently it's a very new thing, and can be done at up to 16 weeks I think

Yayy! That's so great that you got to hear your baby's heart beat :hugs: isn't that the greatest sound in the world?

I never heard of the blood panel thing it must be very new :thumbup:, here we just do the NT scan between 10 and 13 weeks and that's it if everything is normal with the scan.

Hi girlies :)

I hope everything is going great for everyone :hugs:

I just realized the vid I posted cannot be seen on cell phones because of the music copyright thing. So I brought the no music version just in case you weren't able to see it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrdd8u2FM4&feature=g-upl

Have a wonderful day ladies, 1 am here and still not sleepy... getting hungry tho :)

Hope-Good luck! I'm so glad that the doc gave you the referral, that's one loss he could of spared you from! Awesome doc!

Dahlia-Yay for happy tears! So glad your appt went well and HB was heard! I usually find baby's hb right above my hairline and usually pointed downwards with the probe. Was yours lower than that? That's so amazing it can be picked up like that. She must have an awesome doppler too! I haven't been asked about that blood test. I'd have to have it explained to me to be able to make a decision on it.

I saw this on another forum and I loved the idea, I thought I might steal it lol. It was a thread with lots of posts on: (a chance for second, or third time or more moms to share some words of wisdom and experience with first time moms)
WHAT YOU WISH SOMEONE TOLD YOU WITH YOUR FIRST BABY.

Would anyone be interested in that?

Klein, yeah doppler was like at the bottom of my hairline. lol.
And as for the blood test, I just don't think we have a high chance of having a down baby. Although I did tell the doctor that DH is 36, and I'm 24. But he said that doesn't matter.

What I wish someone told me? I am not really sure what advice I would have for a new mom. I guess I would tell them that baby stuff does not need to be brand spankin' new to be good enough for your baby. There are ways to save, and that's one of them. Also, not to impose, but breastfeeding was one of my favorite activities with baby. They feel the warmth of your skin on theirs, they actually look into your eyes when feeding, they're getting the best nutrients possible, and mom is losing her baby weight. It's always nice to try it, and trying means giving it your all! If you need help ask, and if that doesn't work, then you can say you did you best. hmm what else... I don't know... I'll have to think about it

Dahlia-Is it just for downs?

Love the buy used point. I totally missed that w/ my first and then became more cost minded w my second.

What I wish someone had told me with my first baby-

Sometimes babies just cry...for no reason, It doesn't mean your a bad parent! They can be dry, fed, burped, gas dropped, just woke up from a nap and still cry. It's ok to take a minute, lay a crying baby down and gather yourself.

You'll only use 50% of your baby gear.

Sleep when your baby sleeps. It's your first baby, there's no reason why you can't do this! It will make you a much happier mommy. That's not the time to be trying to do housework!

Anyone else want to add anything about delivery, birth, gear, advice you'd like to give a first time mom???

Popping in to share yesterday's scan pics measuring 12w4

https://www.imageurlhost.com/images/vq67w0nbk2mgsvivng.jpg
https://www.imageurlhost.com/images/p0clt23ec32oh149c2p4.jpg

I have been looking at some 2nd hand things for this baby but OH and I really don't mind splashing out for the best of the best as we are planning on at least another 3 after this one (well at least, I am planning on at least another 3 :rofl:) and therefore we will keep the expensive things eg pram, car seats, moses basket etc

Its so hard to buy second hand because when its your first I think the excitement gets the better of you and you really just want the best for them! Even though its really the best for me because they really aren't going to know the difference!!

Thats how I feel anyways :flower:

Ah Sharon yes I agree if it's your first then I know that's a different experience with buying things. I do feel that some people who can't afford all new things may feel odd buying "used" but it's nothing to be shamed about.

Klein I think it's just for downs

Good advice about the crying.

Cata- Great video! Thanks for sharing :)
Sharon and Dahlia- Congrats on great scans! :)
I had a scan today too. Everything was fine. Heartbeat 163 and baby waved at us!!! :cloud9:

wow i feel like my babys heartrate is fast then. it was 186bpm at my 10 week scan. i wonder if the old wives tale is true....faster heartbeat means a girl :)

I think I'm due around the 22nd november...will find out for definite on monday at my scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->