November Rainbow Babies

Ah sorry Alandsa, I totally forgot. It's hard to keep up!

Seeing as how I'm hitting 13 weeks tomorrow, this morning I had some cramping unlike I've had before. It was like period cramps lasting for about an hour, and then intermittent throughout the day now. No bleeding or anything, but I was browsing through B&B and it's common to start getting those cramp feelings in the second trimester. That better be what it is! But it's really annoying, and I don't recall ever getting them in my first pregnancy. Anyone else getting them? It felt different than the pain I've experience by getting up too fast. Was definite cramping. They subside if I'm sitting or resting.

I have a baby shower to go to next weekend, so I've just wrapped up the gift in a gift bag. And I offered to make the baby bingo cards, so those are done too. Baby stuff is so exciting!

haha we talk alot on this thread! I read its common to get cramping here and there throughout your pregnancy because of lots of different reasons. Mostly its probably uterine stretching or just mild contractions. kind of like uterus exercising to get in shape for labor? I would say not to worry. Especially now that you're in the 13th week.

I have to discuss something that I guess is bothering me. My OH has a 6 yr old (almost 7) from a previous relationship. For the past two years Kenneth has been living with us because the mother isnt exactly the best mommy ya know? So we do pretty good at making sure he goes to school and does well, and give him a nice stable life. Now I do love him but I find it hard to love him like he was my own child, I sorta just do what I can but I'm not overly affectionate to him. Well two weekends ago he went with his mother for the weekend and come Monday she said shes on the way to bring him back, well he's going to be late for school. This irritates me and OH, because its so irresponsible. So somehow she starts to get snippy with us because we told her its not right to bring him so late and to which she replied "WELL NEXT YEAR I'M TAKING HIM SO YOU DONT HAVE TO BE BOTHERED WITH HIM. YOU GUYS CAN ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE WITH YOUR NEW BABY". and she never brought him that day. She kept him out of spite out of school for three days. His grandmother finally brought him back that wed. I guess she found out through kenneth that i was going to have a baby, and she got jealous. Anyway she really is going to take him next year. in fact shes getting him as soon as school is over. Now i do love him alot and im worried about his life over with her because its kind of dysfunctional. But at the same time i am kind of excited about having just the two of us while we welcome this new baby. Does this make me a bad person?? I feel awful but at the same time theres nothing we can do as he doesnt truly have sole custody of him. What do you gals think? Sorry its so long.

Dancing- I can relate, not first hand, but I have a feeling my brother's GF may feel the same as you. My brother has two other kids, from two different moms. And then he and GF just had the twins. Being that she has only been in their lives for just over a year, and she is not "married" to my brother, she doesn't really feel likes step-mom, or that she can discipline the kids (not that she has issues regarding their behavior), but I think it's hard for her to find her niche within the family. And I think since his DD is sort of tomboyish (not what his GF can relate to) it's hard for her to have a tight relationship with her.

**Story- It is a known fact between my brother, his GF, and I, that his daughter may not in fact be his biological child. He is on the birth certificate though, and never bothered getting a paternity test, and raised her along with having part time custody of her. Well it has become even more clear now, that since his DD is 10 years old, her looks resemble the "other man." Well his GF brought this up to him and he thought about getting an at home paternity test. He gets hit hard with child support, and his GF thinks it would be great if he could prove his DD wasn't his so he could discontinue paying. But it's deeper than that. If he could prove otherwise, his daughter would no doubt find out, and the emotional consequences would be irreversible. So it's just not a good idea as you can tell that he do anything about it. He would still want to be in her life anyways, but it would just create a big mess. Moral of the story, sometimes you just have to suck it up. The reality of meshing families i that you take the good with the bad. When I put myself in your shoes, I totally understand where you're coming from. Since I know your DH is concerned for the welfare of the child, will he be disputing the custody arrangements now that his ex wants to take him? I guess if he does, he will do what he can. Otherwise if the mom has the power then there's nothing else you can do. And if there's nothing that can really be done, then it's okay that you might feel a bit of relief, because essentially it will just be "your family" that you live with, which is more comfortable. That's all I can say. Life is a roller coaster!

She pretty much has the power in the situation, and there is nothing we can do, but i feel the same way as i dont feel like i have the right to discipline him or be his MOM figure. Its not as if i raised him from birth. I guess we shall just enjoy his time with us while he is still here. I know that this is hard for OH, he loves him more than anything in the world. My role will just to be there for him emotionally. I just feel like out of all of this, Kenneth will be the one to suffer.

Dahlia-
My friend and I are really close. I'm glad we don't have issues with the name.
Jumping in on your story! Your right, your brother should probably suck it up and keep paying. With the twins though, he should go back to court and his child support should decrease now since he has a total of 4 kids. That may help out some. He's a good man to do what he does, there's not a ton of good men out there :)

Dancing- Your right, Kenneth will be the one that is hurt the most. It stinks, parents think of their children as pawns that can be moved around a chess board. The truth of the matter is, sure you can move them around but the emotional baggage will only follow and get BIGGER as they do. Good luck with your situation.

AFM-NT scan and progesterone level check today. If all is well DH and I are supposed to go window shopping at Babies R Us.

My tummy feels different also, it sorta reminds me of mini contractions. I hope it's just the stretching. I don't remember what I felt with the first two pregnancies as far as stretching so I don't have anything to compare them to. Makes me a bit nervous.

Klein best of luck with your NT scan :thumbup:

Sooo my OH just came back from the bookies with a massive wad of cash that he won on a £50 horse bet, it was enough for me to order my pram, 2 car seats and a changing bag, get my car fixed and still have enough to go shopping with :wohoo:

Heres what I ordered:

https://www.silvercross.co.uk/_image/HCMCQQMCRXZPWTMZ.jpg
https://www.silvercross.co.uk/_image/EECHFTSBMGJVFZNV.jpg
https://www.silvercross.co.uk/_image/SZYILVUQIPZNNLKE.jpg
https://www.silvercross.co.uk/_image/VKHEIHXQPROIIMRJ.jpg

Sharon, that diaper bag is gorgeous! I can't see from the pic but who makes it? And I always adore those pram buggies. I would get one bc they are so cute, but then I realize that as baby gets older don't you need to get a new one that sits? So I just get an all in one. That was a nice score of your husbands though!

Klein- have fun at your scan and at Babies R Us. That store has everything! I bet you'll come back with at least one thing for baby ; )

Dancing, yes your role will be supporterfr your DH. This situation really sucks and I'm sorry you all have To deal with it and that Kenneth's mother is such a wreck. It would be nice if things ever calm down if DH could talk with his ex about working out some sort of visitation dates though

Sharon, that diaper bag is gorgeous! I can't see from the pic but who makes it? And I always adore those pram buggies. I would get one bc they are so cute, but then I realize that as baby gets older don't you need to get a new one that sits? So I just get an all in one. That was a nice score of your husbands though!

They are all made by Silvercross - and yeah, but the pram converts to a buggy - like thus:

https://s1.madeformums.com/uploads/images/original/35900.jpg

x

Dahlia you can also place the carseat onto the chassis so its like a full travel system :thumbup: Oooh I'm so excited. When it arrives I'm gonna put dolls in it, push them around and practise being a full time mum :rofl:

Dahlia you can also place the carseat onto the chassis so its like a full travel system :thumbup: Oooh I'm so excited. When it arrives I'm gonna put dolls in it, push them around and practise being a full time mum :rofl:

Analyzing the pic, I was wondering that as well. Now I want one! But darn they are expensive!

And oh just wait, you'll have to have DH practice changing the diaper on those dolls too! That's what I made my DH do before #1 came

I just wanted tpo update a little bit, 11. Weeks today HORAY! One more week until the second trimester.

We had a scan last week, at 10 weeks, everything looks perfect! We got to see the baby moving, and a heart beat of 167!

We have another regular appointment in one week and another scan in 4 weeks, I believe they called it an anatomy scan? Ill be 14 weeks at my next scan and I can't wait!

I'm still really scared but with all day naseau, stuffy nose and bloating, I feel confident that after seeing the heart beat and the baby move, and such strong symptoms that everything is ok.

I hope the use the doppler at my next appointment!

We obviously just want this baby to be healthy, no matter what gender, but.....team blue is praying hard!

So excited!

thanks for all the advice girls :) anyway my mother just posted on facebook yesterday that she's gonna be a grandma so now people keep writing on my wall congrats. i wanted to wait a bit longer to share....but oh well its nice to be congradulated :happydance: i cant wait to start showing a true bump. right now it just seems to be bloat or fat....not sure. i also borrowed a prenatal pilates DVD from my friend which i cant wait to start.....tomorrow haha

dancing, the cat's out of the bag! But yes I'm sure that being 12 weeks and being congratulated is nice.

I saw the twins yesterday! They were just so small. Small fingernails, small hand and feet, little tiny dark hair on their head. They were cute though. I could tell right away that Vivienne was smaller than Max. After standing for a while I started getting light headed as hot. I think it was stress, so I had to sit. It was emotional though. They will both be getting brain scans on Weds to see if there is any bleeding or anything like that. I am hopeful that all is well.
It was jut so odd knowing they should be in the womb. I wish they could still be there all nice and comfy

Hey ladies

Aww! Dahlia those poor little babies! I hope the parents are managing to cope emotionally. It must be so stressful.

Sharon- I LOVE that buggy! It's awesome! My OH doesn't want us to buy stuff until September!grrrr!

Dancing fab news about scan!

I exercised for the first time today and feel fab! I'm going to try and keep it up. Im going to take it easy and listen to my body. I'm hoping after a couple of weeks of building up to start jogging again.

Babyjo- I have an elliptical that I haven't used since like 6 wks. We had just bought it at that time but I decided not to exercise til 2nd tri. I want to start using it again. Maybe only 5-8 minutes to start off with. Does that sound okay? And heart rate not to exceed 140

Sharon- I LOVE that buggy! It's awesome! My OH doesn't want us to buy stuff until September!grrrr!

Thanks! - We weren't planning on buying anything this early either, but it made sense seeing as we came into the money like that to get it out the way - and makes it possible to spread the cost a bit too. It was a good deal as well, I have been keeping my eye out for bargains so I don't miss out on any good deals :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->