November Rainbow Babies

There's not been alot of activity on here lately. I wonder if everyone is out enjoying their summers?!?!
We have for sure been enjoying our pool! DH's b'day is tomorrow and we'll be pooling and grilling out. I bought him 5 Florida State shirts, a grill and a Florida State sleeper for the baby for his b'day & fathers day. I think he will LOVE the sleeper! Fingers crossed he does!
I've been window shopping and comparing notes/reviews on baby products. I have made a list of my wants and baby needs lol. I decided on which travel system I want and I'm narrowing down swings, highchairs, bouncer etc.
The big thing I can't decide on is the monitor. There are 50 million out there and I can't even decide what things I want it to have on it. Man, the decisions!!!
Anyone else buying or making their shopping list?

No shopping for me yet--holding out until we know if its a boy or a girl!

I have started to do some research on buggies, cots etc but no buys yet for me either. Hopefully after anomaly scan next week OH will allow us to start buying some things.

I did a lot of shopping a few weeks back but we are focussing on stuff for the new house just now, will probably get back to buying baby stuff after another month or so.

In other news I am feeling kicks every day now woo x

The last few days have really flown by for me. My brother and 2 kids from Missouri came up to be at the burial. It was an appropriate distraction for my other brother, and I think it may have lightened the load while he was here. Like we were kids again.

Gender scan is Tuesday at 2 pm! Now I am just having a feeling that maybe it's just meant to be a boy. lol.

babyjo- glad you're doing well, and hopefully work won't be kicking your butt when you get back! It will be so perfect to have one year off to watch baby grow! : )

Klein- knock on wood, but I've only had maybe 2 Bladder Infections my whole life, but man they do suck!
You'll be sahm too, it's quite the luxury I'd say. Hey, do you do infant photography? I cannot wait to get some cute shots of this one.
No Wings shirts for DH? ;) hehehe
As for shopping list- I've had mine made since last pregnancy, but the key for me is finding out the sex! So I can get to decorating and such. I have some little projects in mind.

Sharon- how soon are you moving? Is it a big hike, or local to you? I am also feeling some small kicks, and I'm confident when I say it this time : ) woohoo! Started regularly about 4 days ago. Didn't quite take til the 22 weeks that the doc predicted, so I'm very happy about that. In the evening when I'm sitting, I'll get a few kicks and I'll lift up my shirt to see if my tum moves, but I can't see or feel it from the outside yet.

Thanks for your words for Max everyone.

Dahlia-Newborn photography is my love!!!! I am always shopping for new photography props and saying in my head, can I put a baby in that, can I hang a baby in that, can I lay a baby on that?!?! Here are just a few that I've uploaded. Something is wrong witht the server and it won't let me upload any more right now.
The baby's nursery is going to be done in an under the sea theme. I found a shell punch bowl that I'm going to lay the baby in and take a pic for the nursery! So excited :happydance:
baby2.jpgbaby5.jpg

Hello ladies :)

I wanted to stay away while my mood came back to normal, I'm alright now.

Dahlia I am so sorry to hear about baby Max :( hugs to you and your family.

Klein those pics are amazing!! <3 so so soooo cute :) I wish I had that kind of skills :thumbup:

Well I was sad and extremely worried because I had absolutely no money for my vitamins and progesterone and I had lik 3 days left of progesterone in my drawer. The guy I told you about a while ago randomly called ans said he sent a bit of money for me, that was 300$ and well here that's more than just a bit, so I bought progesterone and vitamines for 2 more months just in case.

I guess i just got really frustrated, when I got pregnant I left behind a 5000$ a month job, I was used to having everything I wanted and always having money in my pocket and well, I was feeling useless pretty much knowing that progesterone is vital for this pregnancy and not being able to buy it.

I live at my dad's and he buys everything we need, I actually think i eat a bit too much, but I didn't want to ask for my medication it just feels so wrong, well i didn't have to ask.

I had my last obgyn appointment at 15 weeks and had to cancel this one because I umm still have no money for the doctor BUT since all hospital are owned by the state and I have to give birth there I decided to go for Government covered medical insurance, after all I paid so much money for so many years when I was working here and now that I am pregnant well I need it, I was told it takes like 2 weeks for the approval to come back but that's alright.

The best for last, one week ago i was laying on my left side and suddenly felt a kick!! no fishies or butterflies anymore, a real kick!! and then another one !being this the first time ever in my life I felt something like this I wanted to feel it again and tried not to move until I felt a third one that almost made me pee my pants :blush: I guess this is how pregnant women know that baby kicked their bladder :wacko: Now I feel him al the time, stronger every day <3 still nothing from the outside but being that I am plus size and barely look pregnant that's alright :blush:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I did read what you wrote :hugs: and it did help a lot.

So... halfway the pregnancy and saw a felt mobile someone on 2nd tri was doing... I might give that a try, anyone else feeling crafty?

Sorry about the long post girls:blush: I'll control myself next time

How adorably beautiful those pics are! There's nothing like a sleeping newborn!
Under the sea will be really cute for a nursery. For some reason I think pearls when I hear under the sea, like pearls on a mobile or something. lol.
My mom has a massively giant wooden fruit bowl on her kitchen island. I plan on putting a blanket in it and taking photos of our sleeping baby when the time comes. ha! can't wait!
I'm trying not to do a theme, more like just a "style." I hope we can all post some nursery pics as the deed gets done.

Why hello Cata! I was hoping you would come back soon!
Having that insurance will be so helpful. As you said, you've paid into it for many years. And it's there for people like you who need it, especially with that lil one inside of you : ) I hope your aid will cover your vitamins and such for you. Living in US, I know that that stuff is very expensive without any insurance. Thankfully my DH gets great insurance through his work.
I'm glad your dad is able to help you out. During this time I'm sure it's comforting to know he's there for you.
I can't believe you're 21 weeks! Past the "20-week" mark. Wow.
I have been feeling crafty, but as I said to Klein, I have to find out the sex first.

I was feeling hungry during the night last night, but I decided not to get out of bed for sake of laziness. lol.
A week ago I put up a poll in 2nd tri area about how many times you go to the bathroom at night. For me it's now at least 4 times and will only get worse as time goes on. How about you ladies? Even before I was pregnant it was at least 2-3 times per night : ( But apparently others are in the same boat, so it doesn't make me feel so freakish anymore. lol

*oh yeah PS- I'm a mango today!

Yay for being a mango!!

I think I'm a banana but I can't be sure!

We are moving into the new house on Thursday, so only 3 days away. Its a 3 hour drive from where we are currently living, and where all my friends and family are, eeek - but its a move for work for OH so it has got to be done!

The baby photos are amazing, I'll definitely be getting a newborn photoshoot for my little one - what is the best age to get the best pics of a newborn, do you think? xoxo

Dahlia-I rarely have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It is happening more often now though. Maybe once every 3 nights or so. I'm prob the freakish one though seeing as how I have the bladder issues anyway so I'm sure I need to be going more often! Yay for mangos!

Cata-So glad everything is going better for you. Sounds like spirits are up and thats where you need to be right now :thumbup:

Sharon-Good luck with the move and don't over do it!!!
As for newborn pics. Here are a few pointers...

Choose a photographer before your baby is due, call them and give them your due date and try to get them in within that first week of being born. I love 3-5 day olds. The newer the better! They sleep better and are more content during an appointment time.

Pack for a 3-4 hour appointment, that means bottles, clothing, blankets or props from home. You never know how long these appointments will last. Pho
tographers work off of baby time.

Bring an extra set of hands if at all possible. Your baby may be up for pics at 3-5 days old but depending on how you delivered, you may not be up for the moving around etc. I don't want to over do the mom so to speak.

Try to be comfortable with your photographer holding and posing your baby. First time parents, they usually are the most nervous and don't want me 'posing' their baby. What it boils down too is the baby can smell the mom. I often try to seperate them as much as possible during the shoot for that reason. They smell you and want you, even if your not BFing, they still want you. Also, it's much easier for me to hold and pose a sleeping child then lay them how I want them to be laying for pics. So, try not to stress and pass off your little one when you can to the photographer.

I always have a heater on for newborn pics. Moms may want to dress lighter for this reason, I know I do. The babies are naked most of the time and they relax into a deep sleep when they are warm and cozy.

Thats all I got for now, here are a few more pics if my server works properly!

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I just love doing them. It makes me happy lol!

Attachments

• baby6.jpg
    baby6.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 8
  • baby7.jpg
    baby7.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
  • baby3.jpg
    baby3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 8
  • baby8.jpg
    baby8.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
  • baby10.jpg
    baby10.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 7
Ok, I'm for real done now. Sorry. I get a bit obsessed :dohh:

Attachments

• baby11.jpg
    baby11.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3
  • babyresize.jpg
    babyresize.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 3
  • baby9.jpg
    baby9.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 3
Oh my goodness gracious what precious babes!! You have some awesome props and backdrops--great work!!

Wow! Klein those pics are AMAZING!!! I had never ever considered this but I am now! I've not really seen this in the UK but I will do some research! I love the idea!

Cata I'm glad you're feeling better within yourself and aren't the feelings of your baby moving inside you just awesome?! I love it. I hope that your medical care form comes through soon.

Sharonfruit I hope your move isn't stressful and that you make new friends etc. having a baby will probably make it a lot easier to meet new people( other mums at least).

Dahlia I normally get up once to pee in the night but last night I had to get up FOUR times ( I think it's because I'm stressed about my scan this morning). It's soooo annoying!!!! I couldn't get back to sleep after the last time! Grrrrr! Can you always get back off to sleep ok? Before I was pregnant I would try not to drink after a certain time but now being pregnant your not supposed to do that. Apparently it's natures way of getting us used to the sleepless nights.

Afm- scan is in 2 1/2 hours! Mum and OH are coming with me. The past few days the skin and muscles of my tummy have been really uncomfortable- like it's being stretched too much! I hope it eases because it makes eating, drinking, needing to pee and changing positions really uncomfortable!

Good luck at the scan babyjo--share a pic if you can!!

Klein thanks for the pointers I will def bear that in mind!

Babyjo good luck with the scan! xxx

Babyjo & Dahlia- Goodluck with your scans!!! So excited you get to see your little one's today! Can't wait to hear gender results and see pics!!!

So had my scan this morning and I have to say although it was great to see my baby the sonographer was soooo rough, hitting my tummy with the prob numerous times again and again if baby wasn't in the correct position. I wanted to wack her. My baby's head was right down in my pelvis (no wonder my bladder has been bad!) with hand by face. I appreciate that they have to take measurements but it was so horrible that she had to be so violent! She wasn't a great communicator either :( now that's over I'm just going to enjoy the fact everything appeared normal.:)

We still decided on team yellow although we could have found out..... I did see a boy thing....or it could have been the cord.

Ooooo! OH is finally researching baby stuff!!!! Yay! He's looking up buggies for us. We may get some stuff soon.

Dahlia I hope yours went well.

I'll try and post the pic later once i can get OH away from the laptop looking at baby stuff... What a turn around!

Hey ladies :wave: Love the baby photography, so sweet!

Dahlia- I think I woke up to pee more in the 1st tri than 2nd...weird

Klein- Great tips for a baby photo shoot :)

Babyjo- Glad your scan went well (other than the agressive tech!)

Just popping in to say hello and let you know we found out gender yesterday :D

It'sAGirl!.jpg

Team :pink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back